Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BCP question

I'm just a lurker but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them before... I was on yasmin for over a year and I just switched to Loestrin Fe, which I have been on before and I haven't gotten a period. I have never missed a period on any of the BCPs I have been on (including Loestrin) but I am on my third pack of Loestrin and have not had AF yet. I took a pregnancy test both times I missed AF just to be sure I wasn't KU, and I'm not. I know that you can miss a period once in awhile, but more than one in a row? Would you be concerned?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BCP question

• BCP can really do weird things to your body, so it might just be messing with you. I've heard it can take up to six months to normalize, but I would probably make an appointment or get the doctor to give you a call so you can talk about it. I wouldn't be freaking out since you said you took pregnancy tests, but it'd probably be best to get the doc's advice.
  • It's possible. It can take your body a few cycles to adjust to a new pill. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • I'm on the generic for Loestrin Fe. I haven't gotten a period three months in a row and am not pregnant. Sometimes I will get it, sometimes not. BC acts differently for everyone, but I wouldn't say your issue is abnormal.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • imageFluffernut:
    I'm on the generic for Loestrin Fe. I haven't gotten a period three months in a row and am not pregnant. Sometimes I will get it, sometimes not. BC acts differently for everyone, but I wouldn't say your issue is abnormal.

Thanks for the input, I panicked because this has never been normal for me. But it sounds like its much more common than I think. I guess I'll just enjoy not having AF while it lasts!!Big Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker