Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A personal question

[Poll]
We, we like to party.

Re: A personal question

• Usually once, but sometimes I go two if the weekend is too crazy. I like to do it on Sunday, since Friday and Saturday nights often involve going to bed while smelling like smoke or sweat, and not washing the makeup off my face.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I love sleeping on clean sheets.  I'd wash them every day if it weren't a colossal waste of energy, water, and time.
  • We change our sheets and towels once a week.  Usually on Sunday.  More if we need to.  We also wash the mattress pad and the dust covers for the pillows at least once a month.  i like my bed to smell fresh at all times.
  • H says that I am ruining them by washing them once a week because the fitted sheet now has a hole in it. 

JFC, It's 5 years old!

We, we like to party.
  • Your H is funny.  I would buy him a set of sheets for his Xmas present (or is it Holiday present)
  • Our sheets only get washed/changed when the house cleaner comes, which is every other Tuesday.  Last night was clean sheet night, and it was marvelous.
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • I'm lazy y'all. I wash them when I get around to it, which damn sure isnt weekly. I do wash guest bedroom sheets every time we have a guest though. 
  • Okay.  So, I'm not disgusting if I say I change them every other week?  It's such a process because I only have one pair of sheets that I like for our bed, so I have to wash them and put the same set on (not to mention the fact that I wash the duvet cover every time because we don't use a flat sheet - that is a huge pain in the ass).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love clean sheets.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • image Vinny2008:
    Okay.  So, I'm not disgusting if I say I change them every other week?  It's such a process because I only have one pair of sheets that I like for our bed, so I have to wash them and put the same set on (not to mention the fact that I wash the duvet cover every time because we don't use a flat sheet - that is a huge pain in the ass).

why don't you just get a flat sheet?  Wouldn't that make your life easier?

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • image boxerfan:

image Vinny2008:
    Okay.  So, I'm not disgusting if I say I change them every other week?  It's such a process because I only have one pair of sheets that I like for our bed, so I have to wash them and put the same set on (not to mention the fact that I wash the duvet cover every time because we don't use a flat sheet - that is a huge pain in the ass).

why don't you just get a flat sheet?  Wouldn't that make your life easier?

No way.  I hate them.  They get all bunchy and twisty.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We do it once a month, unless they get, um, gross. I did it a lot more often when I had an in-unit washer and dryer. Kristen's FB friend's speech therapist would evaluate me to be lazy.

• Mine is probably more like every other week. It's just me in that bed, and only like 5 nights a week most weeks, so they don't get too dirty. And I also only have one set, so I have to wash, dry and put back on at once and sometimes that's just too much work.

I'm kind of grossed out by not using a flat sheet, but I can't put my finger on why.

• We're probably close to the every other week or more group.  I do wash the guest bed sheets each time they get used though.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image 2bMrsEAB:
    We change our sheets and towels once a week.  Usually on Sunday.  More if we need to.  We also wash the mattress pad and the dust covers for the pillows at least once a month.  i like my bed to smell fresh at all times.

As much gas as my husband has every second of his life, my bed never really smells "fresh," clean sheets or not.

And, yeah, the guest room sheets are always the cleanest. 

11/11/11 = 5 years. Woah!
  • The lack of a flat sheet is making me twitchy.  
  • When B gives me that...look. And says, "Um, think you can change the sheets?". That's like a week to every other. Or I don't know. Sometimes longer.

First- we only have like three fitted sheets. I thought there were once more but we've lost a lot of shiit or B's thrown it out when I'm not looking. Sheets are no so much on my radar so it's all, "Oh, we only have three sheets? Hmm. Ok. I guess that's it.". I only like one of them.

Two, we each use our own comforter. Why? Because he says I steal. Plus, he feels my every move and I might wake him if I pulled too hard on the covers. So, that's two blankets to wash which take HOURS to dry. Its such a pain in the ass. I don't know what the flat sheet is for aside from annoyance, so I've never used one

We have SIX pillows, three each. That's a lot of pillowcases, yo.

It's all just a lot of work. I've broken nails doing it. Damn large bed and unstretchy sheets.

• image WendyToo:
    I'm lazy y'all. I wash them when I get around to it, which damn sure isnt weekly. I do wash guest bedroom sheets every time we have a guest though. 

This is me too. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...