Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

anyone familiar with Ft Lewis?

Where are the nicer areas to look for a house? Is Tacoma too far away? Any experience with post housing? We've never lived in on post, but we're only going to be there for 12 months, so would consider it, if it's nice. 

Re: anyone familiar with Ft Lewis?

• We just left there! I'm on my phone, but once I get home I'll PM you with lots of information. It's beautiful!
  • just got it and only skimmed because I'm on my way out the door, but a couple things made me laugh. First of all, no one really knows traffic until they've lived on a small island with one major roadway across it. lol! And second, a 1,100 sq ft condo in my neighborhood goes for $2,800-3,200 per month so we will happily pay $1,400 :) 

Thanks for all the info, both of you. I'll reread them when I get home.  

• One of my good friends live with her family in Dupont. We visited them in June. It was really nice and almost seemed like living on post but off. If you want need more info, let me know--she might be able to help.
    ~*~*~*~ Smudges*Mom is Marni~*~*~*~

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/g/gh8t96lcs.png[/IMG][/URL]

Our IVF miracle was born at 41w6d while Daddy was deployed to Iraq.
    Marni is a pre-e/HELLP Syndrome and PPD/PPA survivor!
  • image *Krista*:

just got it and only skimmed because I'm on my way out the door, but a couple things made me laugh. First of all, no one really knows traffic until they've lived on a small island with one major roadway across it. lol! And second, a 1,100 sq ft condo in my neighborhood goes for $2,800-3,200 per month so we will happily pay $1,400 :) 

Thanks for all the info, both of you. I'll reread them when I get home.  

Be aware that your BAH will change when you move from there to here (I live in Washington too, but H is not stationed at Ft. Lewis. We're more north in WA). I'm just pointing this out because of that difference in prices of houses... COL here is bad depending on where you're at, but the Ft. Lewis area is pretty reasonable if you're okay with living closer to the base.