June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Talk me through this, re:DH

I started making the advent countdown thing for DH that Heather mentioned (and others did last year).

Then DH was a total azz to me last night and I went to bed in tears and locked the door.  He left this morning without saying anything.  Normally we talk through email/gchat all day, and I ignored his attempt.  He did send me an email asking me a question I answered at least 5x already (as recently as Monday) which only furthered my irritation with him.

How do I motivate myself to finish this nice thing for him when I'm upset with him???  Blah.

image image

Re: Talk me through this, re:DH

• you just do its marriage

It is like maintence on your car--do the nice thing and maybe he will suprise you:)

I thought about reviving my advent calendar but I really want him to do one for me, which he wouldn't do unless I straight out asked and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    16 read! my read shelf:
    Amy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image amybyrd:

you just do its marriage

It is like maintence on your car--do the nice thing and maybe he will suprise you:)

I thought about reviving my advent calendar but I really want him to do one for me, which he wouldn't do unless I straight out asked and that kind of defeats the purpose.

Yeah, I know I just need to suck it up and finish it, but I am always the one to "give in" and go back to normal (which I know is just part of maturity in marriage and so it's fine, it's part of the deal) but I guess I'm just feeling emotional and pregnant and for once don't want to.  I just want be alone and sulk and wait for him to think of something nice all on his own...

image image
  • image Casperdy:
    image amybyrd:

you just do its marriage

Yeah, I know I just need to suck it up and finish it, but I am always the one to "give in" and go back to normal (which I know is just part of maturity in marriage and so it's fine, it's part of the deal) but I guess I'm just feeling emotional and pregnant and for once don't want to.  I just want be alone and sulk and wait for him to think of something nice all on his own...

Hehe, I've felt this way before, and I'm not even pregnant.

Unfortuanately, that's not the man I married.  He may write "I love you" on the bathroom mirror so I see it after I shower when the mirror's all steamed up, but he's not into big grandiose apologizing gestures.  I usually get a "Sorry I was a shithead this morning" text and then a hug later.  Yes, sometimes I get really upset and I want to hang on to it, but that does me no good.  Saying "You hurt my feelings, here's why.." is far more effective, because he knows what to apologize for and to (hopefully) avoid it in the future.

If I sulk, we just both continue to be P.O'd.

Anniversary
  • Maybe you can figure out the things that really make you love him, even during the times when you don't really like him?

Personally, I couldn't imagine ever doing this for H, or H doing this for me. It is so not who I am, and H hopefully knows that if he did something like this for me I would feel so awkward about it all, I'd end up laughing at him.

• image JNicMTek:

Maybe you can figure out the things that really make you love him, even during the times when you don't really like him?

Personally, I couldn't imagine ever doing this for H, or H doing this for me. It is so not who I am, and H hopefully knows that if he did something like this for me I would feel so awkward about it all, I'd end up laughing at him.

Definitely this! Good luck, I know its tough when the DH is an azz, and not to mention you are pregnant!  Hugs to you:)

• I say don't finish it if you aren't feeling it.....but you will have to discuss the argument with him and let him know he hurt your feelings.  Sorry he was a butt.

• Finish it, you will regret it next week if you don't. Last night my DH was also being a butt, and sex completely fixed all his attitude issues. Today he has been super sweet and nice. I will be finishing up mine tonight tomorrow AM.
    PitaPata Dog tickers