Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: Gift Rec (Moms or pregnant women come in!)

I have a friend who is currently 23ish week pregnant.  For Christmas I'd like to get her something that she could use for herself over the next couple months (she's due the end of March).  She's been diligently thinking of the baby and I'd like to see her relax and take some time for herself.

Is there anything that you enjoyed while being pregnant that you would recommend for my friend?  I don't want to get her something baby related (those gifts will be coming for sure later!), but something that might make her more comfortable as the pregnancy progresses.

Thanks!

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wes: 10/8/2012

Re: NBR: Gift Rec (Moms or pregnant women come in!)

• Depending on how much you want to spend....

Prenatal massage
    Mani/Pedi
    Nice Jammies with hot cocoa and a good book
    Cozy Slippers
    GC for a dinner out with her hubby - or you!

• My first thought was a prenatal massage or pedi.  When my BFF was pregnant, another friend and I took her to dinner and then for a massage when she was about 8 months along and she loved it.

What about an at home spa kit (make up a pretty basket for her).  Jammies, face masks, foot soaks, massage oil, cream, candles, bubble bath, hand massager etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She has a prenatal massage scheduled already, but I think the idea of a home spa kit sounds great!  I'll have to think about that one.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I love the at home massage kit idea! Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable going and getting an actual massage just because I'm self consious, but love the idea of stuff to treat myself at home.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• You could also do a cute basket filled with a couple of DVD's, some popcorn, maybe some chocolate, a blanket to curl up with. Something for a relaxing night in.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image SnShne322:
    She has a prenatal massage scheduled already, but I think the idea of a home spa kit sounds great!  I'll have to think about that one.

A massage?  She needs more, haha!  I waited until I was almost 9 months pregnant to get one, and next time I will definitely be splurging and going at least once a month.  Do you know when it's scheduled for?  If it's soon, maybe see if she likes it and if so get her some more.  To me it is the number one BEST gift for a pregnant woman, mainly because it's something that's harder to justify spending the money on yourself.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• For me it would have been books, or a gift card for maternity clothes.
    Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • image 84Lauren:

image SnShne322:
    She has a prenatal massage scheduled already, but I think the idea of a home spa kit sounds great!  I'll have to think about that one.

A massage?  She needs more, haha!  I waited until I was almost 9 months pregnant to get one, and next time I will definitely be splurging and going at least once a month.  Do you know when it's scheduled for?  If it's soon, maybe see if she likes it and if so get her some more.  To me it is the number one BEST gift for a pregnant woman, mainly because it's something that's harder to justify spending the money on yourself.

I think the massage is sometime in December, but it's a spa day too.  I think she has a whole bunch a services.  Maybe I will wait and see how that was because I think this will be her first massage (ever).

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:

• I went for a massage when I was 8+ months pg (my friends bought it for me) and I LOVED it!!!! A pedicure is nice too, especially when she starts being able to not see her feet.

Some friends/family also bought me some nursing tops and pjs and an aromatherapy heating pad.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • PRENATAL MASSAGE- I am going every 3 weeks until I am due simply because it makes me feel SOOOO much better. Apparently I get all out of line and my hips "fall" out of place. I can't imagine any pregnant women not absolutely loving it. Do make sure you get one with someone who is very experienced in prenatal massage though!
  • A thick, creamy lotion because your belly starts to itch like a sonofagun starting at ~32 wks

A comfy bathrobe - I loved them while pg and after as well. You don't always have alot of "bathroom" time once the baby has arrived. It can be hard to make time to even get in the shower much less do your hair, etc.

A pregnancy pillow helps with those leg and back aches the bigger your belly gets (or just a nice body pillow would probably work too).

If she's certain she'll have the baby in March, you could buy her a cute little piece of aquamarine jewelry. I love wearing my kid's birthstones.

~ G ~ 10/2008
    ~ E ~ 7/2010
    ~ A ~ 3/2014
  • A friend bought me a really good quality pair of  PJ's as a shower gift, and I appreciated the heck out of them.  They were great for the last couple weeks of my pregnancy and after baby was born, when I basically lived in PJ's for a few weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker