Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How do I get wet dog smell out of my car?

Is febreeze my only choice? Can I put baking soda in there?
The pups!

Re: How do I get wet dog smell out of my car?

• You can try putting a box of baking soda in the car, can you clean the seats?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • If you have cloth seats, you can sprinkle baking soda on them, then let it sit for a while. Vacuum the seats clean.

I once had success putting dryer sheets under the front seats for a few days.

Can you park in a garage with the windows down to let it air out? 

"I wish I could have sparkly tits every single day of my life." --MUNI
  • I am afraid to sprinkle baking soda on them, because I have black seats. But I can definitely do those other two ideas! 
    The pups!
  • How did it go?

I would say baking soda but if the seats/carpet were damp, that might make a mess.  I don't like febreeze, so I wouldn't personally use it...but many folks like the way it smells.

• I went out and bought the pet odor febreeze, and it worked amazingly (The aerosol, not the one for fabric). The smell of the febreeze didn't stick around long, but the dog smell went away too. This weekend, I'm going to kick my husband's car out of the garage and park in there with the windows open. I also got one of those baking soda boxes that you can somewhat open and it exposes the baking soda to the air, but there's no risk of spillage. I haven't put it in the car yet, though.
    The pups!
  • Febreze is always my top choice.  You can also try scrubbing them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Febreze is always my top choice.  You can also try scrubbing them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker