BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email hel[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Kids' Costumes

People are uploading pics of their kids in their costumes on FB, and I can't tell what/who half of them are supposed to be. 

I've seen about 6 little girls wearing random brightly colored clothes and long-haired wigs with neon streaks. 

Taylor Swift?  Disney channel actors?  Britney Spears before she popped out 2 kids and went crazy?  I have no idea, but whatever it is it must be popular this year.

Re: Kids' Costumes

• Lol I know.

My friend's daughter was supposed to be a mermaid. It def. didn't look like a mermaid costume.

• Lol I know what you mean.

I am so thankful that I didn't get called in to work at the high school today. It makes me sad seeing all those 13 year old girls dressed up like sluts.

I have to say, my nefew was adorable. He was a monkey. He's the only cute kid Embarrassed

• Oh and I have to admit that there are a large number of my friends uploading pics of their dogs dressed up and I have to say I don't mind. They are so cute!
  • I <3 monkeys so a monkey costume sounds cute. 

A mermaid one sounds cute too unless she's wearing actual shells over her non-existent bewbs...then that's not cool, lol.

My youngest nephew was Thomas the Train, with whom he's obsessed.  It's pretty funny! 

But I have no idea what my niece is supposed to be.  She's one of those brightly-colored-clothes-neon-wig-girls.  I'll have to ask my sister later. 

• I saw a baby elephant that was cute. And a Mario and Lugiou (sp?) babies. So cute. There were a lot of different costumes out there. I noticed that there were a lot of cop costumes, cars costumes, etc.
  • An elephant sounds really cute. 

And of course, I like cops as well.  lol

• Yup kids have potential to be cute. Could you imagine carrying them around from house to house and having them cry and beg for candy and gobble it down and puke everywhere?

I love my nefew as much as I do probably because he lives 800kms away and I just get to look at pictures Wink

• There was a cute ladybug and pumpkin baby pic. I think my favorite was a friend's infant dressed up as Florida Gator fan.

• <Proud.

Everyone knew what my kids were!

• DH was handing out candy in the city square from his cruiser. One kid was dressed as a Ninja Turtle. Since DH loves TMNTs he asked the kid which one he was...the kid responded with "The blue one". DH thought it was hilarious. So far, I saw a picture of one of my nieces and she was a witch. black dress, black hat, green face. it's kind of hard to miss what she was.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image alabaster_angel:

<Proud.

What were they?

BNOTB March Siggy Challenge My favorite spring pic/thing The scent and sight of lilacs in the sun PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • image SLouWE:
    image alabaster_angel:

<Proud.

What were they?

Pea:

Bee for the Halloween Hike:

Otter for ToTing:

• image alabaster_angel:
    image SLouWE:
    image alabaster_angel:

<Proud.

What were they?

Pea:

Bee for the Halloween Hike:

Otter for ToTing:

*ACK* Cuteness overload!

BNOTB March Siggy Challenge My favorite spring pic/thing The scent and sight of lilacs in the sun PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Cute pics, Ala!  The bee costume is adorable and hilarious.

I figured out what my niece and a couple of her friends were with the crazy clothes and wigs -- "Monster High" girls.  But I still have no idea what that is, lol.