Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Intro

Hello Seattle (and surrounding areas) ladies :) I butted in on Larz's post and was asked for an intro one, so this is my intro.

My name is Anna, and I've been on TK for a while, but it keeps kicking me over here since I am married as of September 25th. My H and I live in Mount Vernon (is it okay for me to say that?  <--- ) . He is in the Navy and I go to WWU (finishing up my Mathematics degree).

I am sad that the Seahawks lost this week, and thrilled that the Huskies won.   

mmhmm yup. That is my intro. :)

Re: Intro

• Welcome!  It's great to see you over here Smile  We can always use another Husky fan on TN!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Oh no.. Do we have a bunch of cougs over here? :P

I'm glad I get to see a couple familiar faces (and by faces I mean SNs haha) here :)

• Welcome!! Looking forward to getting to know you better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • We're mainly Huskies over here, but only a handful really follow football at all. Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Just wanted to add that, MH is an UW alumni, so we are Huskies over here.
    My Blog
  • Thanks johlise! I'm hoping to stick around here :) Although it's tough to leave TK now that I finally figured out how it works.. haha I'm sooo not tech savvy.

Mgoss That is such a shame.. I'm liking where the Huskies are finally going (which is ironic since we lost two star players this year) and not liking what Petey is doing to the hawks.. sigh.. why can't both my teams do well in the same season? I would be much happier that way.

• Welcome to the board and congrats on your wedding! (I love the pic of you and your DH in his whites! Fab!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • welcome FTL! :) glad you ventured over here
  • Thanks soralette! Me too. :) I've been meaning too.. I'm just such a creature of habit haha. Is this your first baby?! That's so exciting! H is 29 so he knew that marrying a younger woman would mean waiting on babies, but he is pretty much adorable to watch interact with kids.

So is everyone actually IN Seattle, or spread out more than TN suggests? I know larz isn't in Seattle anymore. 

Johlise, yay UW! I actually moved to Washington to go to UW and ended up hating it so I left to go to WWU for my undergrad (they have a better undergrad Math program than UW and I didn't realize this until I had started up at UW). I'm ready to be done with it though, and I miss the city!

• image firsttimersluck:

So is everyone actually IN Seattle, or spread out more than TN suggests? I know larz isn't in Seattle anymore. 

Johlise, yay UW! I actually moved to Washington to go to UW and ended up hating it so I left to go to WWU for my undergrad (they have a better undergrad Math program than UW and I didn't realize this until I had started up at UW). I'm ready to be done with it though, and I miss the city!

We are in the Yakima Valley, between Yakima and the Tri-Cities, about 3 hours from Seattle. DH just lived in Seattle for 4 years while he went to UW to get his degree in Chemistry.  I moved to WA when we got married. I'm originally a Canadian Knottie. 

My Blog
  • Oh yay for your H being a science nerd, too. :o)

Do you miss Canada a lot? I have a close girlfriend that lives in Anacortes with her H. She is from Vancouver, BC so she goes home a lot and it works out really well for them. She is hating the citizenship process, though.

• image firsttimersluck:

Oh yay for your H being a science nerd, too. :o)

Do you miss Canada a lot? I have a close girlfriend that lives in Anacortes with her H. She is from Vancouver, BC so she goes home a lot and it works out really well for them. She is hating the citizenship process, though.

I do miss certain things about Canada, but like I always tell everyone. If you tell yourself you don't like it somewhere you won't. In general I really don't mind living here, other than missing my family a lot at times. I miss being able to hang out with my sisters and just being around my family. It's a 9-10 hour drive to go to Alberta to where my family is, which isn't to bad. In general we do it about 4-5 times a year. We pretty much never fly because it's just not worth spending over $500 to fly when we can drive for just over $100ish. 

The hassle of immigration sucks. We did it after we got married though so that has helped make it some what easier, but the money it costs is lame!!!! ugh! by the time it's all said and done we'll have spent close to $5000 just for filing papers. I'm almost done now though, just waiting to hear back from them to go get finger printed, sign something so that I can get my "permanent" Permanent Resident Card. The first one is only temporary for 2 years. Once I get that done, then I need to deal with changing my last name on everything. So the headache isn't over yet!

My Blog
  • Johlise-

Yeah, I can't imagine the pain it must be to do all that! The US is not so great with that crap either... It's really frustrating. I went to change my name last week and found out that the Social Security Office didn't even have my correct name in the government's system since I was born!! How does that happen!?! lol.

I'm glad you are okay with living in Washington.. It must be nice that you aren't too far away.. That's still a trip though. ick.. 9 hours.. lol. Although I-5 is pretty smooth sailing once you are past Everett at least? I have to admit that I live 70 minutes away from Vancouver BC and have only been up there once since I have lived here (4 years). *fail*

• Welcome!  Cute siggy pic.  I think we're mostly western WA, but not all Seattle (I'm closer to Tacoma).  And I AM a Husky and Seahawks football fan!  DH is a Redskins fan, and then also a fan of whoever the Huskies or Hawks are playing 'cause he's a hater like that and loves to piss me off!  Angry
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image firsttimersluck:

Thanks soralette! Me too. :) I've been meaning too.. I'm just such a creature of habit haha. Is this your first baby?! That's so exciting! H is 29 so he knew that marrying a younger woman would mean waiting on babies, but he is pretty much adorable to watch interact with kids.

Haha, I know what you mean, wrt habits!! I never really got into TK, and only started posting TB when I realized I was going to drive everyone around me insane if I didn't have anyone to talk incessantly about baby-stuff with. :) Jennlin suggested I come over here, and this is such a fun group of people that I stuck around, haha. :)

And, yup! This is our first baby... :) We're super excited, but also pretty nervous, haha. We could've started earlier, but we wanted to enjoy just being a couple for a while first! So I'm glad you and your husband get to enjoy that, too! <3 My husband's the same as yours around kids, haha, so I'm sure yours'll be a great dad if/when you decide to go that route!

How'd you guys meet? :D

Wrt Seattelish, we're definitely out in the 'burbs north of the city, but I try not to put anything more specific than 'Seattle' on the public internet, heh. I miss living downtown, though; it was so much fun! Just not practical for us long-term, since we've always planned on having kids.

• bahaha jennuinne well that's just rude of him... Luckily I'm more of a pro fan and H is a NCAA fan so it's easy to root for each other's teams.. And since UW and the SEC rarely cross paths.. we're pretty good :)

I'm glad this board is so active :)

• image firsttimersluck:
    I went to change my name last week and found out that the Social Security Office didn't even have my correct name in the government's system since I was born!! How does that happen!?! lol.

I'm glad you are okay with living in Washington.. It must be nice that you aren't too far away.. That's still a trip though. ick.. 9 hours.. lol. Although I-5 is pretty smooth sailing once you are past Everett at least? I have to admit that I live 70 minutes away from Vancouver BC and have only been up there once since I have lived here (4 years). *fail*

What?! that's insane how do you mess that up?! lol..

It's not a bad trip hardly any major climbing in mountain passes or anything so it's still generally an ok drive to do in the winter when the roads aren't fabulous! 

My Blog
  • image soralette:
    image firsttimersluck:

Thanks soralette! Me too. :) I've been meaning too.. I'm just such a creature of habit haha. Is this your first baby?! That's so exciting! H is 29 so he knew that marrying a younger woman would mean waiting on babies, but he is pretty much adorable to watch interact with kids.

Haha, I know what you mean, wrt habits!! I never really got into TK, and only started posting TB when I realized I was going to drive everyone around me insane if I didn't have anyone to talk incessantly about baby-stuff with. :) Jennlin suggested I come over here, and this is such a fun group of people that I stuck around, haha. :)

And, yup! This is our first baby... :) We're super excited, but also pretty nervous, haha. We could've started earlier, but we wanted to enjoy just being a couple for a while first! So I'm glad you and your husband get to enjoy that, too! <3 My husband's the same as yours around kids, haha, so I'm sure yours'll be a great dad if/when you decide to go that route!

How'd you guys meet? :D

Wrt Seattelish, we're definitely out in the 'burbs north of the city, but I try not to put anything more specific than 'Seattle' on the public internet, heh. I miss living downtown, though; it was so much fun! Just not practical for us long-term, since we've always planned on having kids.

We met in a Starbucks... I know. Not cliche at all ;) I actually cancelled on our first day and he immediately demanded to reschedule so I reluctantly did... and we saw each other every single day after. :) He was closing on a house when I met him, and I pretty much helped him move in and never left. haha... Best decision we ever made. 

I got into TK once I found a local board, month board, and military board... So it's nice that there is a local one here too.

I can only imagine that you are inredibly nervous! We're in no rush... We're thinking a good 5 years from now.. I don't think he wants to be in the military when we have our first because he doesn't want to miss anything, and he is a pilot so that tends to take him away a lot. Also, labor terrifies me O.o

• image firsttimersluck:

We met in a Starbucks... I know. Not cliche at all ;) I actually cancelled on our first day and he immediately demanded to reschedule so I reluctantly did... and we saw each other every single day after. :) He was closing on a house when I met him, and I pretty much helped him move in and never left. haha... Best decision we ever made. 

I got into TK once I found a local board, month board, and military board... So it's nice that there is a local one here too.

I can only imagine that you are inredibly nervous! We're in no rush... We're thinking a good 5 years from now.. I don't think he wants to be in the military when we have our first because he doesn't want to miss anything, and he is a pilot so that tends to take him away a lot. Also, labor terrifies me O.o

Aww, I think that's sweet!! DH and I met in a coffee shop, too (albeit for a NaNoWriMo write-in, haha), so I think it's perfect -- but maybe I'm biased. ;)

Yeah, there's a local board on TB, too, but it's kind of dead. I think everyone cool in Seattle just comes to TN instead, haha.

Yeah, we weren't in any rush, either; our 6th dating anniversary is coming up a week from this Saturday. :)

I don't blame him for not wanting to be in the military when you guys start TTC; it's hard being a military dad! Not to mention, from what I've seen on TB and heard from my mom (both my parents were Navy when I was born), TriCare really sucks when you're pregnant, assuming you don't want to be treated like some kind of livestock. And paternity leave is, like, three days. Ugh. Not envious of that at all! So, yay for taking your time with things. <3

NGL, labour terrifies me, too. :X Not least because there's no way to know what it's actually like until you're in it. Gah.

• Welcome!  I'm a WWU student, too (grad; working on my thesis).  I don't live in Seattle; a few others (me included) live in the South Sound.  I don't think anyone else lives that far north, but you're still welcome in these parts :)
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • football? zzZzZZzzz....

just kidding. i love watching football, if i know who i'm cheering for. i just don't "follow" it. if it's on, and my friends are into it, i can easily get into it, too.

welcome to the board! this board is an awesome place for seattle and some not-so-seattle people to talk about stuff. mostly sex. Wink

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • I'm game for sex talk :) :P

Yay for another WWU student!

• Welcome!
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Welcome!!!! :) This is a good place to be!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I'm new here too, but also from TK, its nice to see familiar faces! We live just outside of Seattle. Hubby is an ASU fan! He is from AZ, I don't really watch sports, but when I am watching the Huskies then I cheer for them, when I am watching ASU I cheer for them! When the Huskies play the Cougs during the Apple Cup, I want to cheer for the Cougs cause I like there colors, but I would be kicked out of my family! LOL! Not really kicked out! I'd get some serious flack!  Have a great day!
    March Siggy Challenge
    Audrey Hepburn

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2817f41.jpg[/IMG]

Emptying My Brain
  • image firsttimersluck:

DH and I met at Starbucks too...he worked there and I went in everyday, in VA.

BabyFruit Ticker