Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Does moisture wicking clothing keep you cooler?

I've tried googling, but with not much luck. By the end of zumba, I feel like I'm about to pass out because I'm so hot (lots of people, massive amounts of body heat). It'd be more enjoyable if I could find a way to keep cooler.

Anyone want to recommend some reasonably priced workout gear? TIA.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
Due 12/29/2012

Re: Does moisture wicking clothing keep you cooler?

• What do you typically wear to a zumba class? I honestly try to dress appropriately for the weather and activity I'm doing when working out. If I'm indoors and know I'll be sweating, I wear a tshirt, tank top and shorts or capris. You can always take off tshirts if you have a tank underneath.

• image doglove:

What do you typically wear to a zumba class? I honestly try to dress appropriately for the weather and activity I'm doing when working out. If I'm indoors and know I'll be sweating, I wear a tshirt, tank top and shorts or capris. You can always take off tshirts if you have a tank underneath.

Just a relatively thin t-shirt and either knit leggings or shorts. I still sweat buckets, though, and I never even thought I was a sweater. Evidently I was wrong.

Due 12/29/2012
  • What are you currently wearing for your workouts? 

Target sells some good inexpensive stuff in their C9 line. I also find great stuff at TJMaxx and Old Navy now and then.

• Knit leggings seems like they aren't very breathable, but idk what kind of fabric they are made out of. What kind of material is the tshirt? I'd try to wear breathable fibers when you work out so you don't trap the heat in.
  • image doglove:
    Knit leggings seems like they aren't very breathable, but idk what kind of fabric they are made out of. What kind of material is the tshirt? I'd try to wear breathable fibers when you work out so you don't trap the heat in.

They're not, but I told myself that I wasn't allowed to buy new gear until I lost 10 lbs. I'm at 7, and my foster daughter seems to have jacked my only pair of loose pants and taken them as her own. The motivation is definitely helping. : )

I saw the line at Target, I just didn't know if they actually keep you cooler. If not, I'll just buy some cheapies that aren't moisture wicking.

Due 12/29/2012
  • image Hollylb3:

image doglove:
    Knit leggings seems like they aren't very breathable, but idk what kind of fabric they are made out of. What kind of material is the tshirt? I'd try to wear breathable fibers when you work out so you don't trap the heat in.

They're not, but I told myself that I wasn't allowed to buy new gear until I lost 10 lbs. I'm at 7, and my foster daughter seems to have jacked my only pair of loose pants and taken them as her own. The motivation is definitely helping. : )

I saw the line at Target, I just didn't know if they actually keep you cooler. If not, I'll just buy some cheapies that aren't moisture wicking.

If you're sweating that much, wicking material will help keep you cool by moving (wicking...) the moisture away from your skin so it can evaporate rather than soaking your clothes. The stuff geared for exercise can also help prevent blisters and chafing where seams and edges rub. 

• image GRKaters:
    image Hollylb3:

image doglove:

If you're sweating that much, wicking material will help keep you cool by moving (wicking...) the moisture away from your skin so it can evaporate rather than soaking your clothes. The stuff geared for exercise can also help prevent blisters and chafing where seams and edges rub. 

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know before spending the money. I'll pick some up as soon as those next 3 lbs. are gone!

Due 12/29/2012
  • Kohl's sells TekGear.   I like their yoga tanks and I think they are moisture-wicking.  I use them for zumba, yoga, and running. 
  • image aswartzw:
    Kohl's sells TekGear.   I like their yoga tanks and I think they are moisture-wicking.  I use them for zumba, yoga, and running. 

I'll check those out, too. Thanks!

Due 12/29/2012
  • I like the Old Navy workout gear too, super affordable!
  • image shauni27:
    I like the Old Navy workout gear too, super affordable!

I saw those commercials, but I didn't know if they were moisture wicking. I'll definitely check on it, though.

Due 12/29/2012