June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Crafters/Sewers: Help!!

So, long story short, the dress I ordered Jane for her International Festival (Halloween) thing at school tomorrow didn't arrive.  I may need to make her a felt skirt today.  It literally just needs to be a red piece of fabric that's a skirt.  I was thinking of just going to get some red felt material and trying to make something myself only I don't have a sewing machine.  I am sure I can hand-sew a folded over waist band (like a curtain rod pocket I'm thinking...) but if I have to thread elastic through it to actually fit her that's where I get lost.  How can I make sure it fits her?

Re: Crafters/Sewers: Help!!

• Run the elastic around her belly so that it's snug but not tight and cut it at that length.  Then, when you go to make the pocket, you'll know how much scrunching you'll need to do on the felt waistband, which will need to be a little wider than the elastic length.  Does that make sense?
  • What cnstarz said.  Also, consider watching some youtube tutorials really quick before you do it, those tend to help me a lot since I'm a visual learner.
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • Thanks ladies - both awesome ideas.  As it turns out, I went to Target first and while there found a skirt that'll work.  I then got a plain red t-shirt that I am going to make into a vest.  It's going to be..............interesting :)  I'll have to take pictures of my little "Polish" girl.