Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

now I see that sarack's never been to a spa

we should totally do a g2g at the olympus day spa in lynnwood. I'm obsessed with that place. does require nakedness though, haha.

Re: now I see that sarack's never been to a spa

• I keep wanting to go to the one in Tacoma, but when i think of it, i can't go.  I'm not sure i'm ready (or ever will be ready) for a naked GTG, though, haha.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • I'm with CDMay... no naked GTGs for me Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • I would be up for it! FYI, you don't HAVE to be naked. The only time you do is if you want to hang out in the pools.

The rest of the spa you wear a robe. Though you have to change in a open locker room. I'm sure you could change in one of the bathroom stalls...

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • image MiniSteph:
    I would be up for it! FYI, you don't HAVE to be naked. The only time you do is if you want to hang out in the pools.

The rest of the spa you wear a robe. Though you have to change in a open locker room. I'm sure you could change in one of the bathroom stalls...

I'm fine being naked w/strangers or a select few friends (i even went to a clothing optional resort/nude hot tub with coworkers, once), but for online people i "know" it's outside my comfort zone.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • i'm pretty open so i think i'd be up for it. i wouldn't want to embarrass you guys though.. lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • EmY I work not far from there, what's it like? I've never been to any spa but have been thinking about trying that one. My birthday is coming up in Dec and I heard you get free admission. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image MrsAshleyP:
    EmY I work not far from there, what's it like? I've never been to any spa but have been thinking about trying that one. My birthday is coming up in Dec and I heard you get free admission. 

This, everything this.  My birthday is in December as well, and a free spa visit seems like a perfect opportunity to see what wonderous things are involved in a spa visit.

How about a Nestie GTG in December, and a double yes if it falls when I can get free entrance!   Yep, I'd be in, nakedness and all.

• image emyinpink:
    we should totally do a g2g at the olympus day spa in lynnwood. I'm obsessed with that place. does require nakedness though, haha.

There's a semi-co-ed, not naked version of Olympus called Bella Luna. I've never been but friends have been and like it.

* Most or all of the pools are single-sex, but the various dry rooms are coed. And I don't think any of it is no-clothing-required. But, not totally sure.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • niq wants to see everyone naked... lol.
  • image sarack:
    niq wants to see everyone naked... lol.

._.

Actually I figured it'd be super awkward so I was going to pass.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • image niq24601:

image sarack:
    niq wants to see everyone naked... lol.

._.

Actually I figured it'd be super awkward so I was going to pass.

i was teasing!!!! haha.

• image snowflake54:

image MrsAshleyP:
    EmY I work not far from there, what's it like? I've never been to any spa but have been thinking about trying that one. My birthday is coming up in Dec and I heard you get free admission. 

This, everything this.  My birthday is in December as well, and a free spa visit seems like a perfect opportunity to see what wonderous things are involved in a spa visit.

How about a Nestie GTG in December, and a double yes if it falls when I can get free entrance!   Yep, I'd be in, nakedness and all.

My bday is in December too! Yay for December birthdays!

Photobucket
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • bummer that they got rid of the free entrance on your birthday!

sarah, there's no embarrassment really. I go to the hot house spa in cap hill all the time, and one of the things I love is that it's a collection of all types of women. 

it's really relaxing, and the scrubs they do are incredible (although the korean ladies get allll up in your business, haha. like, they literally scrub everything).

I've gone a few times just to go to the different steam rooms, hot rooms, and hot tubs.  

• I don't think I could do a naked spa, but I've heard it's great. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • if people are interested in Dec, maybe I'll just pick a random Saturday afternoon.

Nice thing about it for a g2g is that it's 1) a public place, 2) it doesn't matter if no one shows up. seriously, I'll totally just go by myself, lol.

• image emyinpink:

if people are interested in Dec, maybe I'll just pick a random Saturday afternoon.

Nice thing about it for a g2g is that it's 1) a public place, 2) it doesn't matter if no one shows up. seriously, I'll totally just go by myself, lol.

That sounds like fun to me. I'm so glad I don't work Saturdays. 

Photobucket
  • I am not sure if we have to go on the exact date of our birthdays, but December would be good anyway because it will be so cold out, just the perfect time to go in and relax in the spa.

I dont live.work far from there in the first place, so if I like it maybe I can make it routine :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've actually never been to a spa either. How much is it?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • daily entry pass is $35. usually when I go I just do that.

sometimes I'll add on a scrub, which is $65.

they also have things like massages/facials/packages, and the packages will usually cover the cost of the entry pass as well.

http://www.olympusspa.net/lynnwood/our-services.aspx 

• haha as open as i am..i really don't think i'm ready for a naked gtg. i could totally do it with my mom or something though! have fun ladies! (and niq Wink)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • I would totally go to Olympus in December! It's my birthday in December, too, but I just love that spa. I don't even mind being naked that much... although now with my stretch marks from being pg, I'm not super crazy about it. But hey, they're my badges of honor. LOL

Anyway - I'm up for a GTG in Dec at Olympus... if I can get my DH to stay home and watch M. :) 

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'd be totally up for it, if showers any hotter than 'lukewarm' didn't make me pass out right now. :-/ After the baby's here??

It's really not as OMG SCARY as a lot of people think!! I dragged some of my female friends along before my wedding and made 'em experience the Lynnwood Olympus Spa, all of whom were VERY body-shy about it beforehand, and all of whom are now addicted to it. :D It's such a self-affirming place and it's fantastic to see how much confidence they all gained from going!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary