Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Memory Foam??

Ok, so if you have a memory foam mattress what thickeness did you go with? (we are looking into 11-inches) and what firmness did you go with? I like a softer mattress, but I'm worried if I go with a soft it will breakdown quicker and we will be replacing it again soon. I have a 3-inch memory foam pad so I thought maybe we could get by with a medium (would not go with a firm at all) and put the pad on top.

Thoughts from those who have them?

Re: Memory Foam??

• I have no idea what the thickness is on ours, but the thicker the better. I think ours is a little too firm, and I am looking to get an additional topper for it. I do see an indentation in the bed when we get up in the morning, but it's gone by the evening when I get home.

Another thing to think about, if you get hot easy when you sleep, invest in some high thread count sheets. Memory foam gets really warm. If you have a high thread count, you can block some of your body heat from getting through to the bed, causing it to heat up.

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• We have a Plush (also comes in firm) Simmons ComforPedic Loft memory foam mattress and I LOVE it.  My previous mattress was memory foam and I will never have one that is not...SOOOO comfortable.  I am pretty sure it is 11 inches.