Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BBE....I have a bone to pick with you!

Get that damn amazing looking cake out of your sig before your blog makes me fat from making everything in it.

kthxbai! Big Smile

Seriously though, that cake looks amazing!

Missed M/C 11/5/2010 @ 5 weeks, 3 days* D&C 12/3/2010 at 9 weeks, 3 days
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: BBE....I have a bone to pick with you!

• haha I think I need to make alfalfa sprouts next so everyone can stop drooling!  :)

The cake is amazing, I made one today for book club tonight!

And since you're here, tell me how you're doing! what's new??

- namaste mothafockaaaas - image
  • I'm glad that I don't like peanut butter in desserts.  But I may have to make this for H.
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • image imoan:
    I'm glad that I don't like peanut butter in desserts.  But I may have to make this for H.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the damn thing without the peanut butter.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2czvlhx.jpg[/IMG]
  • image BeebeeEater:

haha I think I need to make alfalfa sprouts next so everyone can stop drooling!  :)

The cake is amazing, I made one today for book club tonight!

And since you're here, tell me how you're doing! what's new??

We're great! Tentatively picked a wedding date for August! YAY! We're still working out the details so the date might change, but that's ok.

Xh is out of his damn mind still. He moved out of xmil's house a couple weeks ago and keeps asking to have dd overnight. Um, no, I'm not going to let the man who chose alcohol over his family have my kid overnight, but thanks for asking.

The anniversary of my dad's passing and my m/c are next month and I'm not looking forward to it. The anniversary of my dad's passing falls on Thanksgiving this year so that day should be a ton of fun for us. *Insert sarcasm*

Other than that, nothing new!

• image huber22:

image imoan:
    I'm glad that I don't like peanut butter in desserts.  But I may have to make this for H.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the damn thing without the peanut butter.

Almond butter? 

• Congrats on picking a wedding date! Yay!

Sorry you have some sad memories coming up...I'm not big on "sad" anniversaries, but all I can say is, try to do something fun and wonderful with dd and fi on that day, build new memories around the sad ones to help you move past them. (hugs)

Kick XH in the nuts for me next time you see him!  ;)

• How long does that cake take to make?

• image BeebeeEater:

Congrats on picking a wedding date! Yay!

Sorry you have some sad memories coming up...I'm not big on "sad" anniversaries, but all I can say is, try to do something fun and wonderful with dd and fi on that day, build new memories around the sad ones to help you move past them. (hugs)

Kick XH in the nuts for me next time you see him!  ;)

Yeah, we will definitely try not to focus on the "sad" memory of the day, but more on what the day is actually about, but I'm sure it will come up at some point.

I will gladly kick xh in the nuts next time I see him. I'm pretty lucky in that I don't see him all that much since the "visitation" schedule we have is actually with xmil more so than with him. He can't be with dd alone so she goes to xmil's and he goes over there if he wants to see her. Xmil is the one who brings her home to me so I rarely have to see the xh....thank goodness.

He did come along to drop her off a couple weeks ago and when he walked in, dd told me to "kiss her daddy". She's at the point where she's saying that a lot and asking why we broke up. But she also keeps telling me that I need to marry fi so she can have a baby brother so who knows what's going on in her little head. :)

• image magsugar13:
    How long does that cake take to make?

If you have all the ingredients together already, the cake takes a few minutes to mix and then throw in the oven for 35 minutes. As it's cooking, I make the peanut butter frosting and clean up my hideous mess.

You have to let it cool completely after you bake it, so there's some downtime, but once the cake is cool, I assemble it, frost it, then make the glaze and dump it over the top. Glaze takes maybe five minutes to make.

Honestly, doing all the dishes takes me twice as long as making the cake!

• image styme46:

He did come along to drop her off a couple weeks ago and when he walked in, dd told me to "kiss her daddy". She's at the point where she's saying that a lot and asking why we broke up. But she also keeps telling me that I need to marry fi so she can have a baby brother so who knows what's going on in her little head. :)

This is interesting! Funny how their little minds work, isn't it?