October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I Love Mattress Firm!! :)

I've talked about it a little here, but DH and I just bought our first house last week!  We closed on Friday and moved in on Saturday.  We're still in the process of moving, which is another story entirely...

So on Saturday, our movers couldn't get our box spring up the stairs to our bedroom!  I guess they didn't have TempurPedic beds back when our house was built in 1929!  Hahaha! 

So I called Mattress Firm where we bought it and even though we're just barely outside of our "guarantee" window, they're doing an exchange for us!  The representative was SUPER nice and really helpful.

For those who care, TempurPedic mattresses have to have a solid box spring, so it's like a giant wooden box.  They sell "split" boxsprings, so it comes in two pieces, like putting 2 twins under a queen.  In case you ever need to know, now you do!  LOVE Mattress Firm, yay!

Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!

Re: I Love Mattress Firm!! :)

• That is awesome!

How do you like your TempurPedic. DH and I are in serious need of a new (and bigger) bed. We definitely want foam and that is in the running.

• I can't imagine trying to move a one piece box spring!  We had enough trouble with our mattress!  So glad they took care of that for you!
  • image juangela:

That is awesome!

How do you like your TempurPedic. DH and I are in serious need of a new (and bigger) bed. We definitely want foam and that is in the running.

It's nice.  It was DH's idea to get a new mattress.  I didn't think our old one was bad, but I'm a very sound sleeper, so I don't think I'm the one to ask. :)

This sounds dumb, but sometimes I feel like we're not heavy enough to enjoy it.  Like, when we get in, it barely moves!  And the whole thing about not being able to tell when the other person is moving... well, that's true, but you're probably sharing the same comforter and you can tell when that moves!

I guess my conclusion is that it's fine.  It's kind of expensive, but I think my husband likes it.  I can't tell a difference in my sleep before or after getting it.  But I'd sleep through a hurricane if you let me. :)

Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • I'm late to the party, but...

We just bought a sleep number bed with a foam 'comfort layer'.  I think it will be the best of both worlds because it's a sleep number so DH and I can each have our side to the firmness of our liking but it will have the comfort of the tempurpedic. They were running a deal for 800 bucks off that model so that was nice.  It's the p7 if anyone looks it up online. 

I'm SO excited to get it and get a decent nights sleep for once!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker