New Orleans Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thanksgiving and Pregnant

Okay ladies.  My parents and my boyfriend (we're pregnant and haven't told mom and dad yet) are coming to N.O. for Thanksgiving this year.  Where should we go to eat Thanksgiving dinner?  Also, any ideas on things to do that don't involve alcohol?  We will be there all day Wed, Thur, Fri and leave on Sat.  Thanks so much!

Re: Thanksgiving and Pregnant

• why don't you want to tell them?  By that time you'll be 12 weeks.

I was big and pg last thanksgiving so I have no advice.

• A lot of hotels have Thanksgiving dinner there and some of the higher end restaurants have dinner too.  But every place is going to offer some sort of alcohol.  When do you plan on telling them?  I think Thanksgiving dinner would be a good time. 

Hopefully by Thanksgiving I will have had my baby. 

• Thanks ladies!  We will tell them in the next week or two so they have some time to adjust to the idea before our trip but I was just trying to be prepared for our trip because obviously I'm not going to want to be out in the French Quarter every night until 2am.  I don't mind being around alcohol but hanging out in bars all night just doesn't sound like much fun at 12-14 weeks.  We are staying at the Prince Conti (or something like that).  Thank you!
  • I would check out the brennan resturants (Mr. B's, Bacco's, Brennan's, Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse) to see if any of them are serving thanksgiving. I would also look at Antione's, Galitoire's. If none of those work, call the hotel concierge and see if they know whose serving dinner. I would say in the evening try to plan some more touristy things. Like one night do a great dinner some where, and then do a carrage ride. Another night, do good dinner, and then the haunted Ghost tour. There are so many great resturants, I would plan a great dinner each night and then a activity after or before. During the day, you can do shopping in the quarter or on Magazine. You could ride the street car uptown and have lunch at camilla Grill. Just a few ideas!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - 03/08 - 05/10 - IUI #3: BFP
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    Daisypath Anniversary Years TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BLOG
  • Thanks LTF525!  That's great info!!!
  • I have family coming in from CT that week, and here are some of the things I have suggested for them: The Insectarium is the latest exhibit that the Audubon Society has opened. I haven't been  yet, but people have been raving about it. Not sure if you are interested in art, but this is the exhibit that will be at the New Orleans Museum of Art. NOMA is also located inside City Park.We can do swamp tours, wander aimlessly through the Quarter, visit Mardi Gras World , the Cathedral in Jackson Square, ride the street car, go to Audubon Zoo (one of the best in the country), shop at the Riverwalk,  visit the D-Day musuem, or hit the art galleries/shops along Magazine St or Royal St

Hope this gives you some ideas!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks LSU628--I've shared your post with my mom.  Sounds like we're going to be busy!