Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

POWHELLE: cutting your fingernails in a cubicle style office

Someone in my office is cutting their fingernails. It disturbs me greatly.

[Poll]

Re: POWHELLE: cutting your fingernails in a cubicle style office

• Gross gross gross gross gross!

(I voted No, in case you were wondering)

- namaste mothafockaaaas - image
  • I voted no, but there has been times when I have filed a nail (at my desk) because it got snagged on something. I have my own office that I share with one other person.
  • image doglove:
    I voted no, but there has been times when I have filed a nail (at my desk) because it got snagged on something. I have my own office that I share with one other person.

For some reason filing and clipping are in two completely different categories to me. Especially if you're just smoothing off a snag - it's not like you're giving yourself a manicure.

- namaste mothafockaaaas - image
  • Even filing is different to me, mostly because I can't hear it. Hearing it happening a few cubes away is far too Dwight Schrute for my liking, heh.  

• fixing that broken bit or hangnail?  that's fine.

Doing the whole 9 yards?  quit it--those things fly. 

• I voted special snowflake because if I break a nail I have to clip it right away so it doesn't get caught on my sweater, etc.  I stop at that nail though and do not just sit there and clip my nails.  I can't stand it myself and rarely ever have to do it at work.

I used to sit across from someone that would clip his toenails during lunch every couple of weeks.  Really?  How is that ever appropriate? Gag.

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • As long as you go into the bathroom to do it, I don't have an issue with it.
  • I voted SS - it is only appropriate if you've ripped off the majority of the fingernail and need to fix it.

Other than that - NO!  Gross.

This is my siggy.
  • As in grooming... no. An emergency fix, sure that's fine.
  • Its ok if you go to the bathroom.

I dont care if you do it in your own office (with the door shut).

• Public grooming is disgusting. Do it behind closed doors.
    SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • Big fat NO. That is digusting. All personal grooming should be done at home, in the bathroom & preferably alone if you can manage it. That's sick, man. Ick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image doglove:
    I voted no, but there has been times when I have filed a nail (at my desk) because it got snagged on something. I have my own office that I share with one other person.
    I don't think filing your nail so it doesn't snag or rip off is a big deal. But a full on manicure? Forget it! Disgusting!!
  • I should've voted special snowflake.  It's okay if you ripped your nail and need to trim the rest of it off so it doesn't rip into the quick.  Even then, I think that should be done in the bathroom.

Other than that, no, it's not okay.

• It makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth when it happens.  Thankfully nobody in my office does it but a guy in my old office did all the time!
  • I think it is totally acceptable.

If you work at a nail salon.

Even then, it should be someone else's nails and not your own.

So, maybe it's not even acceptable if you work at a nail salon.

Never mind.

I agree with everything that muddled said. You should listen to her. -ESDReturns