Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

? on landlord/tenant

I've tried looking up about the landlord/tenant laws, but I can't find anything on stuff as far as: Must a landlord give a tenant a receipt when they pay rent???

My apartment just changed management and they  are no longer doing receipts when we pay rent bc "its a waste of paper."  So I asked well what if you guys lose a check and someone says they paid it, but you can't find it and its after so many days, will they have to pay a late fee?  and she said yes bc you can say you paid it all you want, if we didn't deposit it, you didn't pay it.  Which IMO isn't right bc people lose stuff all the time and she said well WE have never lost anything since I've worked here. She copied the check for me and said that normally they charge for copies.  But she wouldn't sign it.  I mean hello I can go home and copy it myself, but that doesn't prove I paid it, now does it.
I wanted to smack the b!tch.  

We've had someone lose our payment before and luckily we had the receipt so I guess thats why this bothers me...

Hopefully we will be out of here soon.  We are still waiting for the underwriter for our loan, but she's out of the office yesterday and most likely today. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? on landlord/tenant

• Ooh, I have no clue, but that's a good question.

I've never been given a receipt though. 

• I rented for over 10 years with management companies and never got a receipt. If you're worried about it I say make a photo copy for your records so you can at least have dates right and/or deliver it in person every month. 

Will they accept credit card payments? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image karimychel:

I rented for over 10 years with management companies and never got a receipt. If you're worried about it I say make a photo copy for your records so you can at least have dates right and/or deliver it in person every month. 

Will they accept credit card payments? 

I make sure to deliver it in person every month.  And no they don't accept credit card payments and now they won't accept money orders.  She also mentioned something about it will take longer for the checks to be deposited bc they have to make sure they are legit or something or another.   

• I've never gotten a receipt either and haven't had a problem (sometimes I hand it to them, sometimes I leave it in the drop box)
  • Thank you everyone for your input.  

I found out that legally they do have to give us a receipt, but unfortuneately we can't say anything bc management is evil and they will make our lives a living hell.  So I guess I will see if they cash my check and go from there.

Thank you for hearing me out!