Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Garmin 305 satellite location time?

I've been using my Garmin 305 for running since about February and I love it.  I moved to a new city in August, however, and now it takes forever + a day for the GPS to locate the satellites.  Is this just something I'm going to have to deal with?  Or do you have any tips/tricks to get it to load faster?  I know this isn't an earth shattering problem but it's on my mind, so I figured I'd ask Smile

Re: Garmin 305 satellite location time?

• I find that it locates a satellite faster if I turn it on and let it sit somewhere (on top of my car trunk, on a bench, on a wooden post, etc).
    Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • When mine is taking forever, I just hit the mode button and it clears out to the timer screen, ready to go. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • image taratru:
    When mine is taking forever, I just hit the mode button and it clears out to the timer screen, ready to go. 

I used to be able to do that but now it just re-loads.  Annoying.  Maybe I'll try staying in one place as opposed to doing my warm-up walk/jog.  My husband thinks the satellite issue is likely because we moved to NYC and the tall buildings get in the way.  We are in Brooklyn, though, so there are no skyscrapers around.  Thanks for the input on this, guys.

• For me it all depends upon where I am when I turn it on. If I am still in the house when I turn it on it takes eons to locate sattelites...even if I'm only in the house for .2 seconds after turning it on.

If I wait until I'm outside or sit it right on the window sill when I turn it on it is quicker.

Sometimes it still takes forever...I tend to get annoyed and restart it. I swear the second attempt is faster!

~~run.around.aroo: The Life of the Wannabe Runner that Lives Inside Me~~
  • MIne takes forever too.  I usually sit it outside on the roof of my car in my carport while I'm getting dressed.