Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]knot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Those of you who stay on top of current events - especially political

What do you read/watch? How often (every day, twice a day, a couple times a week)? How much time do you spend in order to keep up to date?

I think in my new job, I will have to be much more aware of the world around me.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy

Re: Those of you who stay on top of current events - especially political

• Daily read of 1-2 news sources, plus Google Alerts on specific subjects.
  • I am going to set up google alerts for all the health care stuff I can think of. I am trying to decide which news sources I will use for just daily reading. even CNN feels sensationalized to me.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Yeah, it's hard.  I usually end up doing some mix of NYT, WSJ, WSJ Law Blog, and Volokh Conspiracy.
  • I lose patience with CNN because they're always trying to get me to watch videos.  Leave me alone, CNN!  I just want to read!
  • I read New York Times print edition every day, and washingtonpost.com every day. 

I listen to NPR in the car, and hardly watch any TV news.  Sometimes I'll watch the Today show in the morning (if we're not watching Peep and the Big World) but that's saturated with BIG NEWS like Amanda Knox, Michael Jackson, and missing white women. 

• For US stuff, cnn.com and whatever nightly news is on at the time I'm eating dinner (depends on the night which one.) I also try to check the local news websites regularly because it feels weird to me to know about what is going on in a country in Africa, but be completely unaware of the carjacking in my own backyard.

For non-US stuff, I go to various website of agencies that support the areas that are most dear to my heart - Resolve Uganda, Invisible Children, LiNK, etc. I also check the UN website regularly, but mostly for news on the LRA and any trials that may be coming up.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • Fox News

(I kid, mostly watch local news, and check in with CNN online during the day).

• Twitter and google reader, honestly. I follow a bunch of different news sources (local and national) and when they post something new that interests me, I click through to the article.
  • I read online versions of the Toronto Star, and check BBC and CBC every day. I feel generally pretty aware of what is going on.

image Josephine is 4.
  • P&CE!

Only kind of joking.

I follow a bunch of news stuff through Twitter & FB and click on headlines that interest me. I don't go to actual sites that much, but I probably should.

I can give you my news list over gchat.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I read NYT daily but have to keep in mind they are a bunch of pinko commies. WSJ, CNBC, Foxnews (I like to know what those wacky conservatives are thinking).
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg News. It's very hard to get away from that "capitalist pig" thought but I do read the NYT daily to try to balance myself out.
  • I usually watch the local news at noon, and on and off from 5p-6:30, then world news from 6:30-7p. If I get a chance I try to watch Rachel Maddow and/or Bill Maher. I watch the 11p news every night. I see a lot of repetitve news. But, I like it.

• I read NYT, WSJ, WashPo, Politico, Roll Call pretty much every day.  I also read CQ weekly and NAtional Journal print magazines which go into a lot of depth on policy issues. 

• image Kamikaze3:

Fox News

(I kid, mostly watch local news, and check in with CNN online during the day).

I totally read Fox News to be baffled by some of the people in the comments section. But, for real news sources, I read a little bit of everything- CNN, Newsweek, Time, random blogs... It is often interesting to me to read commentary from various news sources, just to see how different people with different perspectives view the same issue. I might not agree with a viewpoint, but at least I am more ready to address it in conversation ;)

• image KayRI:
    Today show missing white women. 

Not the missing whites! Today show loves these stories, for sure.

image Ready to rumble.
  • WSJ.com subscription is worth every penny.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes