Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

listen up, losers.

Re: listen up, losers.

• Does anyone know why Verona changed her name?
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    Does anyone know why Verona changed her name?

Something about preventing people from being able to link her Nest activity with her blog?

• Christin, PIP!

HT, that's hilarious.

Kitkat, gross. I can't imagine eating sushi after wading through maggots, but you're a better man than me.

• The camera on my phone isn't working no mo. And I'm not sure anyone here would agree with me. I've just been very into myself lately. I suffer from overly high self-esteem. Its a real disorder.
  • Christin I luv ya like I luv discount shoes but I'd rather HT did the PIP

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • My life is boring.

I need a haircut desperately, but I washed my hair this morning and I don't want to waste a glorious hair salon shampoo and scalp massage on a day that my hair is already clean.

I have $120 in coupons to Pea in a Pod, but it's three "$40 off a purchase of $100 or more" type deals. I don't want to have to spend $280 there just to get my savings, especially since I had to spend $300 to get the coupons in the first place. BUT I know I'm going to need nursing bras and stuff and I might as well get them with the discount, right? Except that bra shopping is my own personal hell and the last thing I feel like doing today. So do I suck it up and go, suck it up and throw out the coupons, or go blow $280 on a really cute maternity dress?

• image HappyTummy613:

image CaliopeSpidrman:
    Does anyone know why Verona changed her name?

Something about preventing people from being able to link her Nest activity with her blog?

Damn you nest!

It is silly at ths point in the game because everyone knows her old name and she links he blog under the new name. I like Kate Middeton and I love the way she dresses but Verona take it to an uncomfortable level.

• I am amazed no one wanted a PIP of the hot gay (but straight) model guy.
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • I think the mesh shirt did him in.
  • image L_Woods:
    I am amazed no one wanted a PIP of the hot gay (but straight) model guy.

Is this an option?  If so, please provide the photographic evidence for our perusal!

Also, I bought these shoes a couple weeks ago:

E557ed1fe5312d7daf5d88e4fea1385a

And I'm getting my hair done this weekend (finally!).  I called my hair lady at the beginning of the month and got no response.  So I texted her and got no response.  Then there was a groupon for a hair cut and color for $40, so I gave up and went with that.  Two days later, my hair lady finally called me back.  FIGURES.  Oh well, I'll just use her again next time unless this new place blows me away.

• I like those shoes, Cali. I need something like that but in all black.
  • I really like those shoes Cali. I also often like the dresses you purchase. Let me out of the basement so I can raid your closet.

• Ohh, I really like those shoes.
  • image noisy_penguin:
    I really like those shoes Cali. I also often like the dresses you purchase. Let me out of the basement so I can raid your closet.

No!  Your feet are too big and I don't want you to look better in my stuff than I do!  Or, even worse, have you put my clothes on and then pull a Vinny's sister:  "Oh wow, look how big this is on me!  It's just sooooooooooo big!"

The shoes are from ModCloth and are pretty reasonable.  But if any of you order them, they're huge.  I wear a 7.5, and I swear these are closer to 8.5.  I probably should exchange them, but I wore them to the wedding for 8 hours so I think that ship has sailed.

• Is the rocktober date still the same as always?

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • I just have a creepy story to share. 

I have a pest control guy that sprays my house once a month. I've had a renter in there for the past four months and she's been a real PITA to him. So he mentioned that I owed him lunch a couple of months ago, I thought he was joking.

He wasn't joking. He texted me the night before last and asked when I was taking him to lunch, so I said tomorrow. (thurs). So I did, and it wasn't weird and I offered to hook him up with my mom. He actually offered to buy my lunch but I said no, I owed him. 

Then, last night, he texts me and asks if I want to get some drinks, on him. And I said thanks but no thanks, I'm packing. and he continues with a text about what a great time he had at lunch and what a great person he thinks I am...And he asks if I want him to come over and help me pack.

Indifferent

I just said no and stopped texting him. I feel awkward now. He knows my husband! He comes to my house when I'm not there! eew.

I kind of want to fire him, but I can't decide if it's worth having ants or spiders in my house again. I definitely wont be texting him anymore. 

ETA: Now that I've written it out, it doesn't sound as slimy as I think it is. 

• image _Fenton:
    image lanie30:

image TheMulva:
    I'm dropping my kid off at one of these parent's night things at the gym where she takes gymnastics.  I found myself second guessing taking her b/c they will be serving pizza and cokes.  Pizza is fine, but I'm pretty sure my kid has never had a coke.  Why do I hate coke so much? 

Coke for 3 year olds? I told Jo coke is made with spiders. She'd not be ok with Coke. ... because of the spiders.

It's pretty much impossible for anyone to surpass you as my favorite mom of all time. I'm dead serious.

I caught her once looking down through a straw into a fountain diet coke I had saying "I SEE THEM MOM! I SEE THE SPIDERS!"

image Josephine is 4.
  • image Cant_wait!:

I kind of want to fire him, but I can't decide if it's worth having ants or spiders in my house again.

I'd be willing to trade mouth hugs for an ant-free house.

• why does Jo think you are willing to drink spiders?

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Ha ew. But I never had to before, see, Cali. I just had to pay $35 a month. (SO CHEAP.)

• Not the fishnet shirt, but much prettier and safer for work.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • Whoa.  NICE!  I'm going to "humina humina humina" in this post for the next 15 minutes or so, if anybody needs me.
  • image modb1rd:
    why does Jo think you are willing to drink spiders?

I haven't a clue.

image Josephine is 4.
  • LWoods is the star of the day!
  • New topic...

I hate it when I go to the grocery store and the clerks engage me in random chit chat.  "So, what are your plans for the rest of the day...."

Dude - yeah, you with the earring and the Hawaiian TJ's shirt - we're not friends.  Let's not pretend. Give me the cinnamon graham crackers and let's be on with our day.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:

image noisy_penguin:
    I really like those shoes Cali. I also often like the dresses you purchase. Let me out of the basement so I can raid your closet.

No!  Your feet are too big and I don't want you to look better in my stuff than I do!  Or, even worse, have you put my clothes on and then pull a Vinny's sister:  "Oh wow, look how big this is on me!  It's just sooooooooooo big!"

The shoes are from ModCloth and are pretty reasonable.  But if any of you order them, they're huge.  I wear a 7.5, and I swear these are closer to 8.5.  I probably should exchange them, but I wore them to the wedding for 8 hours so I think that ship has sailed.

I guess I'll have to stick to stealing Hezz's shoes. But dude, I don't think you need to worry about me pulling a Vinny's sister any time soon. 

• I bet CalledOut doesn't smile or say hello to flight attendants either.
  • That depends.  I have to balance the possibility that the attendant might like me best and therefore evacuate me first vs. the likelihood that s/he will report me to the strip-searchers. 
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I continue to be my own biggest fan.  I wrote a comment on Edie's FB status about her dad's dove dying, and could not stop laughing.  I still giggle thinking about it.

I didn't understand this.

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]