Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

listen up, losers.

Re: listen up, losers.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:

See?  I AM HILARIOUS.

Also, I'm dying to start talking about food for the Shore.

I like food

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • image noisy_penguin:
    Okla, I would be pissed that they called your boss even though she's listed as do not contact. Really, really pissed.

I would be livid and I think I would tell them to take my name out of consideration. What if your boss got pissed and they cost you your job? I am glad it all worked out but this makes me really mad for you. I am also mad for you after reading about some of your shitty friends in the dating exes post.

• image Kamikaze3:

image noisy_penguin:
    Okla, I would be pissed that they called your boss even though she's listed as do not contact. Really, really pissed.

I would be livid and I think I would tell them to take my name out of consideration. What if your boss got pissed and they cost you your job? I am glad it all worked out but this makes me really mad for you. I am also mad for you after reading about some of your shitty friends in the dating exes post.

There is no way I'm removing myself. This is really the only organization I want to work for in OKC. Their hiring process sucksass, but everyone I know who works there loves it. As for my friends, one of them is completely cut off, and the other friendship has been cut back, and really only maintained because we are both on the board for a civic org.

Oh, funny story. Those two gals are BFF.

• Our office manager got in a fight w/ our managing partner this morning and quit.  On her way out, she took the coffee grinder.  This morning, I nearly flipped b/c there was no coffee. 
  • I'm going to buy underwear for E, hoping he might use it someday. I have a coupon. I have a need to use my coupons.

• Mulva, I would feel weird about the Coke too. I'd be okay with chocolate milk or probably even juice, but there is no fuccking reason to give Coke to a preschooler. My family looked at me like I had three heads when I told them Will couldn't have soda when we were up there visiting. 

• image TheMulva:
    I'm dropping my kid off at one of these parent's night things at the gym where she takes gymnastics.  I found myself second guessing taking her b/c they will be serving pizza and cokes.  Pizza is fine, but I'm pretty sure my kid has never had a coke.  Why do I hate coke so much? 

Coke for 3 year olds? I told Jo coke is made with spiders. She'd not be ok with Coke. ... because of the spiders.

image Josephine is 4.
  • image TheMulva:
    Our office manager got in a fight w/ our managing partner this morning and quit.  On her way out, she took the coffee grinder.  This morning, I nearly flipped b/c there was no coffee. 

I would not have a good day if I were you.

Book Review Blog

• OK, now I do actually have a possibly flameful confession (but it's baby-related, sorry Bethie): 

I just found out that we've gotten off our daycare waitlist and James can enroll in November.  When I think about all of the factors at play, I know going to daycare in a month is the right decision.  But instead I'm feeling all emo about destroying our current childcare arrangement.*  I'm going to be spending the rest of the day getting logic to triumph over emotion.

*This is not a "daycare is the devil" type thing.  I'm just (overly) attached to our nanny arrangement.

• HT I want to find that flameful, I really do but I can't. You like a nanny who loves your kid, comes to your house, deals with your dog, and makes your life easier. Yeah you're a shittyass person for thinking losing that is sort of sad.

Book Review Blog

• image HappyTummy613:

OK, now I do actually have a possibly flameful confession (but it's baby-related, sorry Bethie): 

I just found out that we've gotten off our daycare waitlist and James can enroll in November.  When I think about all of the factors at play, I know going to daycare in a month is the right decision.  But instead I'm feeling all emo about destroying our current childcare arrangement.*  I'm going to be spending the rest of the day getting logic to triumph over emotion.

*This is not a "daycare is the devil" type thing.  I'm just (overly) attached to our nanny arrangement.

Can you do part-time daycare and part-time nanny?  Maybe you can share your nanny with another family. 

• image HappyTummy613:

OK, now I do actually have a possibly flameful confession (but it's baby-related, sorry Bethie): 

I felt the same way when we transitioned Ethan from nanny to daycare. To be honest, while daycare does have some disadvantages, I love how much he has blossomed and become a little social butterfly. He learns so much just being around other kids all day. 

• I'd probably stick with the nanny until he's a little older. But that's coming from someone who has grandparents as child care.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • image HappyTummy613:

The daycare Liza had been with from the time she was 10 weeks all of the sudden announced they were closing after Christmas last year.  I was actually more upset about this than leaving her at daycare for the first time.  These were the people she'd been with since she was tiny and people both she and I had developed relationships with.  I can remember not being able to sleep at all the night before she started the new daycare.  It's normal to feel how you are feeling.  But, believe me, he'll be fine.  Everyone ends up adjusting. 

• I have gone back and forth between nannies and daycare.  I've been through 5 shitty nannies and finally - FINALLY - have an amazing one, although she's only available 1 stupid day / wk.  So, my kids are also in daycare 4 days / week.  Daycare mornings SUCK.  ALOT.

But, per Buddha and others - the benefits of daycare are great and I try to just suck it up.  But, yeah, an awesome nanny in the bag...that would be hard to pass up.

• I am entertained that Bethie's request for entertainment involved car commercial and daycare discussion. I have a feeling she may not be as amused.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • Why would you switch him into daycare?  I guarantee they won't say things like, "He makes the noises in his diaper and then laughs."  Stick with the nanny!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image lanie30:

image TheMulva:
    I'm dropping my kid off at one of these parent's night things at the gym where she takes gymnastics.  I found myself second guessing taking her b/c they will be serving pizza and cokes.  Pizza is fine, but I'm pretty sure my kid has never had a coke.  Why do I hate coke so much? 

Coke for 3 year olds? I told Jo coke is made with spiders. She'd not be ok with Coke. ... because of the spiders.

It's pretty much impossible for anyone to surpass you as my favorite mom of all time. I'm dead serious.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I don't think that's at all flameful. I don't particularly love our dc but won't move Miles because he's been there since he was 4mos old and has a comfort level. I like Kay's suggestion a lot. He would still have the stability of his nanny, but would get the benefits of dc.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • If we had any power over the timing, we'd wait to enroll until after he turns 1.  But with this waitlist, if we decline the November slot, there's no telling when the next spot will open up.  It could be January; it could be May.  I don't know whether we want to roll the dice like that.  Plus, if we wait several more months, we're probably just delaying the inevitable, and we will have had that much more time to solidify James's (and my) emotional attachment to the current situation.

I haven't given much thought to a part-time arrangement, but it is something to consider, at least for a while. 

I know once it's done everything will be fine and we won't look back.  I just don't want to spend the next month being silly and torturing myself.

Anyway.  I derailed this post with daycare talk.  Back to regularly-scheduled programming.

• image lanie30:

image TheMulva:

Well, there is a wide age range of kids there, 4-14y/o.  I would assume pizza and soft drinks is pretty status quo for something like that.  I'm pretty sure I can tell Liza to just get water from the water fountain and she'd do it.  We'll see.  Mostly, I just don't want her to be all hopped up on caffiene.  F', if I drink a diet coke after 7pm, I'm up forever. 

• I have been on Pintrest for half an hour, looking at DIY pinatas. I am making one for the tailgate that I'm hosting. I'm filling it with airplane bottles of booze so we can take them into the game.

I'm so totally winning this competition.

• Re the daycare issue (sorry Bethie), I think it's way harder to switch sh*t up when they are older.  The earlier, the better.
  • I'm dealing with maggots this morning, lots and lots of maggots.

I'm having sushi for lunch and that makes me super happy.

R is a football coach, he lost last night and is unusually grumpy because of it. 

We are cleaning out our gutters this weekend.  I'm the one that has to climb on the roof and I HATE heights.  I'm already stressing about it.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/24v339h.jpg[/IMG]
  • OMG.  I now have a new confession.

I just went to the bathroom, and when I was washing my hands, I looked in the mirror and saw I had a scrap of Kleenex stuck under my nose in the shape of a tiny, white Hitler moustache.  And it's Rosh Hashanah.  Thank goodness I haven't had any face-to-face interactions in the last hour.

• Let's see. I'm going to a couple of new wineries tomorrow with D and some friends. This is one of my favorite fall activities. So that's cool. Ummm. I look really cute today. Really cute.
  • Heil HT!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • image HappyTummy613:

OMG.  I now have a new confession.

I just went to the bathroom, and when I was washing my hands, I looked in the mirror and saw I had a scrap of Kleenex stuck under my nose in the shape of a tiny, white Hitler moustache.  And it's Rosh Hashanah.  Thank goodness I haven't had any face-to-face interactions in the last hour.

uglykristenworklaughing

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • I always knew HT was really code for HiTler.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton