Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

listen up, losers.

It's Friday. Give me something I can work with. Randoms, confessions, weekend plans...

GIMME.

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy

Re: listen up, losers.

• I do not understand the appeal of those goddamn hamster car commercials.  It's not funny nor does it make a lick of sense!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • the commercials are pretty dumb. but, we had a Soul as a rental car a couple weeks ago and surprised ourselves with how much we liked it.
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I do not understand the appeal of those goddamn hamster car commercials.  It's not funny nor does it make a lick of sense!

For real. I also can't handle the Prius commercial where the people make up the giant man with the butt face.

• image katie.i.do:
    the commercials are pretty dumb. but, we had a Soul as a rental car a couple weeks ago and surprised ourselves with how much we liked it.

We have rented a Soul a few times and liked it, too.

I am cracking up that Bethie asked for entertainment and is getting a discussion on cars and car commercials.

• image Badgerengr:

image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I do not understand the appeal of those goddamn hamster car commercials.  It's not funny nor does it make a lick of sense!

For real. I also can't handle the Prius commercial where the people make up the giant man with the butt face.

You're not alone. Such a strange commercial.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • There's a motivational seminar scheduled for Monday in Providence.  Apparently they're expecting 12,000-18,000 people to attend, and these seminars have caused traffic and parking nightmares in other cities.  The city of Providence is expecting morning traffic to be so bad they are delaying the start of school two hours.  The whole thing seems ridiculous to me.
  • That Prius commercial is the worst. 

• image Chi_Chi:
    image Badgerengr:

image CaliopeSpidrman:

That commercial scares the foffing shiit out of me. 

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image HappyTummy613:

I am cracking up that Bethie asked for entertainment and is getting a discussion on cars and car commercials.

It was on my mind this morning, okay?!

The Prius commercial trips me out.  I imagine watching that while on mushrooms would cause a really bad trip.

Kay -- is it the seminar with Bill Cosby and Laura Bush?

• We got free tickets for Oktoberfest tonight. Hooray!

I have to dismantle an art exhibit this afternoon. I have no earthly clue what I'm doing. help.

• image BobLoblaw:
    image Chi_Chi:
    image Badgerengr:

image CaliopeSpidrman:

That commercial scares the foffing shiit out of me. 

it's super creppy, I hate it.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • ugh i know it's like those freaky deaky "helping hands" in Labyrinth. I hate those things!

• I have never seen these car commercials you speak of.

I'm surprised at how angry the "friend dating ex" thread made me.

The new potential job called my boss the other day. She's not listed as a reference, and I have "do not contact" box checked, but she knows someone in management there, so they called her. Apparently they had concerns from someone that I might be hard to get along with and not fit in (which I don't think is me at all). She said she told them that that didn't sound like me at all. I'm hoping all this is a positive sign, but I don't think my actual references have been called yet, so I'm not sure. If I don't get this one, I really think I will give up.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:

Kay -- is it the seminar with Bill Cosby and Laura Bush?

Yes (although I don't think Laura Bush is coming to Providence).  It sounds like such a scam.  I think I'm going to leave my car at Ian's daycare and take the bus downtown, because I'm sure my parking garage will be mayhem when I try to leave. 

• I'm trying to be a good bookclubber and get through swamplandia! if you start posting entertaining things it's not going to happen and I'll have to tell mod it was all your fault.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • I have seen a guy around my office for a while who looks really familiar but I didn't know why. I finally got it today - he looks like Barney Rubble.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Random:  For H's 30th birthday/Christmas present, I got us tickets to a Saints game in New Orleans, sitting on the Saints' sideline.  It will be his first time back to the Superdome since high school.  I'm feeling very proud of myself over this.

Weekend plans:  I hope to do a whole lot of nothing, because the two weekends after this are going to be busy and filled with travel.

I don't have any confessions that are juicy or exciting.

• Man and I discovered a modeling shot of a male friend while walking past one of the stores geared toward the gays in our neighborhood. It is very hilarous, because he definitely is wearing a fishnet shirt but dude has a rockin' body.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • I did something super awesome at work yesterday and I'm kind of pissed I'm not getting more fanfare over it.  But you all knew I was an attention whore anyway.

I'm not technically hungry, but I want food.  Doughnuts would be nice.

KHC's birthday party is next weekend and I have to get my ass in gear and figure out what to do with 20 six-year-olds for three hours and I just... can't work up to it.

Updated September 2012. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image BobLoblaw:

We got free tickets for Oktoberfest tonight. Hooray!

I have to dismantle an art exhibit this afternoon. I have no earthly clue what I'm doing. help.

Don't buy a painting without first making sure it contains actual paint. 

• Okla, I would be pissed that they called your boss even though she's listed as do not contact. Really, really pissed.

• Have you seen the recent articles/videos on Frank and Louie, the cat with two faces?  This might be old news and something I just discovered but I find myself mezmorized by it

Two Faced Cat

:

• I continue to be my own biggest fan.  I wrote a comment on Edie's FB status about her dad's dove dying, and could not stop laughing.  I still giggle thinking about it.
  • HT: I'm super jealous of your H & his Saints tickets.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Weekend plans: helping a friend sell her wares at an art/street festival (she makes flavored nuts, and doesn't sell Ikea paintings, but we'll be watching others).  It is also my first weekend home in a while, so raking the bakyard will probably be on the agenda.

Randoms: Since my boss got fired/quit in a rage (still not sure which) a few weeks ago, our office is working so much better and we are actually getting stuff accomplished the way we should be.  I don't know why I am surprised, but I am.

• I'm dropping my kid off at one of these parent's night things at the gym where she takes gymnastics.  I found myself second guessing taking her b/c they will be serving pizza and cokes.  Pizza is fine, but I'm pretty sure my kid has never had a coke.  Why do I hate coke so much? 
  • image noisy_penguin:
    Okla, I would be pissed that they called your boss even though she's listed as do not contact. Really, really pissed.

I'm not thrilled. Luckily, it turned out okay. My boss is pretty cool. I'm just all torn up trying to figure out where that crap came from. Everyone I know who works up there loves me. I've pinpointed it to either one bad interview I had last summer with a guy who no longer works there, or possibly my job at the elementary school where I didn't jump right in to activities and school stuff because I really didn't know how schools even operate.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I continue to be my own biggest fan.  I wrote a comment on Edie's FB status about her dad's dove dying, and could not stop laughing.  I still giggle thinking about it.

RIP Ass Dan!

• image BobLoblaw:

image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I continue to be my own biggest fan.  I wrote a comment on Edie's FB status about her dad's dove dying, and could not stop laughing.  I still giggle thinking about it.

RIP Ass Dan!

See?  I AM HILARIOUS.

Also, I'm dying to start talking about food for the Shore.

• image Chi_Chi:
    HT: I'm super jealous of your H & his Saints tickets.

I am half excited to go and half terrified of being at the epicenter of such hardcore fans.