September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

can it be? is it really FRIDAY?

morning ladies.  took all of my energy to type that.  so tired.

had a lovely evening at my parents' house with two sets of aunts and uncles for dinner.  great to see everyone, but my allergies went crazy.  came home and collapsed into bed.

and was woken at 3 am by the fire alarm going off again.

i am now convinced it is ghosts.  stayed up until about 4:30 am fearing that the supernaturals from paranormal activity were going to come and drag me out of bed.  this madness has to stop.

last long run tomorrow, yay!   

Re: can it be? is it really FRIDAY?

• Yay to the last long run tomorrow!!! Smile

So do you live in an older home?  I'm highly intrigued with your fire alarm situation!!!  Can you google your address and see if anything pops up?  I was just talking with a student here on campus the other day who was having weird things happen in his house and when he googled his address he found news reports about a student who died falling down the basement stairs.  Doesn't necessarily explain everything, but does make you wonder.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Seriously, yesterday was the longest day e-v-e-r!!!

Last night was crazy windy (like 40 mph) and then it started raining too!  For a whiel I thought maybe someone put a mural on my window in my office or something, b/c it was sunny out and nice- even facebooked about it!  Then soon after, I walked outside to go home and it was dark and cloudy and blah!  Seemed like we experienced 3 different seasons yesterday all in the matter of an hour!

Relaxed last night and watched Grey's.  Thursday is a big night for our DVR, and for some reason, I never catch the last two minutes of grey's which always drives me nuts. 

Those are my thoughts for morning.  Happy friday all!!!

• I never thought this day would get here! TGIF!

Super terrible night followed by a super terrible morning. J and I got into it last night. He told me I was selfish and only thought of myself then apologized and said it came out wrong but still! I asked him if he's filled out any more applications (no, he hadn't) and basically I told him I needed help and he didn't get it bc we're "making" it. AARRRGGHHH I don't want just to "make" it. I want to get ahead, dang it!

Then my alarm didn't go off this morning so I woke up at 7:30, took the quickest shower of my life and rushed to my other school to print my stuff for the meeting this morning b/c 1. I tried to do it last night only to find out I'm out of black ink and 2. this school has YET to order more ink for the printer in the library.

I'm getting super nervous about my doc's appt this morning. I even POAS only to get a BFN again so I'm worried about what's going on with my screwed up body. 

Sorry for all the negativity. Weekend should be good...going home to my parents to help them clean/organize for the party next weekend.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • If you've had a dose of a
    freaky ghost baby
    Ya better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

TGIF mofos. For real.

I just picked up Phils playoff tickets for my boss, and popped in to Starsucks to get my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. There were legit 30 people in line. No thanks. Now I'm even pissier than I was before.

I slept like complete *** last night and got about 4 hours total sleep. Went to bed at 12, woke up at 12:50 when MFD came to bed and took about 45 minutes to go back to sleep. Woke up at 2:40 due to snoring. Tossed and turned. I moved to the couch at 3:15 and never really went back to sleep. Between those things and pms I am a complete troll.

I stopped at Pathmark for some sale items, made dinner packed lunch and gym bag, did a load of laundry, dusted and vacuumed the top floor, set my dvr up upstairs to catch overflow shows, and watched Revenge and Ringer on the dvr downstairs.

Is it 5, and if not why not?

• Mary - can you extend your recording a few minutes past? I detest when shows get cut off. I have to do that with a few of mine.
  • Emilyann- For what it's worth, I don't think you are selfish. Many of us are just scraping with two people working. Costs are up across the board and pay is down. You need help, you asked for it, and it's not even help - he is responsible for the stability of your household just as much as you are. This isn't your thing alone, it's your thing together. Hang in there!
  • image stephaniem1977:
    Mary - can you extend your recording a few minutes past? I detest when shows get cut off. I have to do that with a few of mine.

With the other shows we have recording it won't let us.  Sad  Already have shows recording starting at 9 in both the livingroom and bedroom.

• E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D.

Another 4am morning, this time on purpose.  Had a shiit-ton of work left over, came in early to bang it out (also had to pick-up my co-worker on the way).  Now that I've cranked it out, I'm done.  It's only 8.  Daaaamn gina.

Feel like a zombie: open mouthed, slack-jawed, big bug-eyes, slightly dizzy, highly sleep-deprived.

Shauni-Yay for last long run and I think you have ghosts too.

Em-sorry for the fight, hopefully you guys can work it out.  Money blows.

Mary-3 seasons in a day is the norm over here.  Causes sickness all around

Steph-sorry for the lack of sleep, I'm feelin' ya.  How's Geege doing?

• Mary - I stopped watching Grey's for that very reason.  We were always out on Thurs nights and the DVR would chop off the end to start recording The Mentalist.  I just got po'd eventually and gave up.

Em - I ditto Steph.  I have super good job and we're comfortable but there isn't much left over at the end of the month.  Of course we're paying for some bad decisions that one of us made, but that's neither here nor there.  Hang in there.

Wishing I had today off.  Got a bunch done last night but still have a few things in the house that need to get in the camper before we leave.  All my clothes are in a pile on the bed - wishful thinking is that DH will have enough sense to put them in a bag for me, but I'm not that optimistic.  I need sleep.  And a million dollars.  But mostly sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Geege is doing great, I have him on pain meds still and will probably give him one more tomorrow, then none on Sunday since I will be home all day to monitor the situation. He has enough for five days but it's at my discretion. When he had it done before I limited it to three, and he seemed ok. I don't like to give him pain meds for too long, and I want to get him out walking the neighborhood again, which is not good on the pain meds. He's on antibiotics twice a day for five more days.

He actually LIKES his dental food (prescription), so I'm really jazzed about that and hope it helps with his gross mouth.

Thanks for asking!

• Balls Mary! When that happens I try to watch something On Demand. Do you have that option?

SusieQ-sorry but not betting on your husband putting your clothes in a bag. I just don't think that computes to them? hhahahah

• Thanks ladies. Just a rough patch, I know, and I'm super stressed with work and my sisters and their lack of help with mama's party. I'm hoping we can have a heart to heart on the way to the parents this weekend about the reality of this whole thing.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • My phone starts rining hella early this morning.  I'm like, who the eff is calling me so early!  It was my alarm...LOL.

So glad it's Friday.  Woohoo! 

I had a blast at the fundraising event last night.  I've never felt so ugly or fat.  The event was at a beautiful winery and all of the ladies were dressed up in cute dresses and heels.  My fat a$$ can't wear heels for 30 mins let alone 3 hours.  They had their hair and makeup done, it made me feel like the ugly duckling.  It's cool because that is my motivation for going to the gym today! 

No major plans for the weekend.  Rich has to work tomorrow morning so I'll go do some "light" shopping.  We really need to wash our car, but it's supposed to rain on Monday so we're still debating if we'll wash it.  Other than that just a kick back weekend.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Em- Sending positive vibes your way!

Moleson- I watched Greys too.  I won't spoil the ending for ya.

Shauni- GL on the run.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I am on day 2 of my 4 day weekend. Yesterday we had a baby dr Appt w an u/s. Didn't really get to see her face because she was hiding it but we did she has hair which is kinda cool that you can see that. I really need to get motivated to clean. I want to punch someone on my fb all he keeps posting about is anti sox stuff. Yes we choke post about it once maybe twice not once or twice every hour. Also if I remember correctly the Yankees also had the worst playoff choke every also. On a happier note I have to say my nephew is the most beautiful baby boy ever! (I'm glad I'm having a boy so this wont change when B is born)
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
  • yay, Friday!  I think having my end date set has helped me be more productive at work, and I'm getting lots done.  So, a good week, all in all.

Reflexology/massage tonight, thank tiny baby jesus, and tomorrow my parents are coming over to celebrate my birthday (next Tues).  I'm planning to make my own cake - I have this recipe for champagne cupcakes that I once made with this almond champagne we bought at the end of a day of wine tasting, and they were delish!  A cake seems more festive than cupcakes, so that's the goal.  I'll need to buy more almond champagne, though, which seems like a waste since I won't drink it.  But otherwise I'd have to buy sweet champagne, which I also wouldn't drink. 

• image mushE:

Reflexology/massage tonight, thank tiny baby jesus, and tomorrow my parents are coming over to celebrate my birthday (next Tues).  I'm planning to make my own cake - I have this recipe for champagne cupcakes that I once made with this almond champagne we bought at the end of a day of wine tasting, and they were delish!  A cake seems more festive than cupcakes, so that's the goal.  I'll need to buy more almond champagne, though, which seems like a waste since I won't drink it.  But otherwise I'd have to buy sweet champagne, which I also wouldn't drink. 

Recipe please.  I'm also making my own bday cake (the 13th) and this sounds fantastic! :)

• Recipe for me too please! That sounds awesome.
  • Recipe for me too! An update from this morning, J has an interview Monday morning for a night security job and they told him to bring two forms of ID and his SS card in case they hire him then. And the doctor didn't find anything but they took blood to run whatever tests and they're doing an u/s when I go back for my yearly in november. She did give me a prescrip so that I'll get my period. That's about it. Hoping they figure out what's going on so I'll know what I need to do.
  • Here ya go!  The thing that made them extra super good was whipping the frosting more than you'd normally do it for frosting.  It was super light and yummy.  I've only made them once, and that was with the almond champagne, so I can't attest to tastiness with anything else.

http://homeiswheretheholmansare.blogspot.com/2010/10/champagne-cupcakes.html