Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

vagina question!!

ok ladys i know its weird me asking this qiuestion but since i had my baby i dont feel the same down there i have asked my husband if my vagina feels the same and he just tell my kind of so i was waxing and i graved a mirror and looked at my vagina it looked way different then what it used too i dont know if its because i had an (episiotemy) spell check i dont know if its normal that my vagina looks weird!! any of you haveing this problem??

Re: vagina question!!

• I completely agree. I had my son vaginally with no episiotomy but yes, I look a little different. After 2 1/2 years it doesn't look as different as it did right after I had him but I guess it is just what happens after birth..

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
  • If you had an episiotomy that means you were surgically cut and stitched back together. This would leave a scar and scar tissue. That would account for feeling and looking different. Nothing to worry about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic IN July 2011 Siggy Challenge - What I miss most: Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel!
  • thank u ladys now i know im not the only one u guys made me feel much better!!  
  • You mean you looked at your pubic area?

Your vagina is internal (unless you maybe have a speculum you use at home -- some women do, I heard)

I am guessing you are referring to the hair growth pattern. Remember: post baby hormones can change things.
  • Good for you for being so open and putting this out there.  I completely agree.  I'm 7+ weeks after birth.  At 3 weeks my episiotemy came undone and I had to put hydrogen peroxide on the incision daily and used a mirror to look down there...

To answer your question, yes, it looks different.  Even past my green light at the 6 week appointment.

No worries.

• Are you talking about how your vagina feels to him, or how your inner and outer labia (lips) look to you?  As far as vagina, I think it's a little looser but not noticably so.

As for labia, they're definitely different - they got stretched and swollen as you had a baby.  I'd say they looked like deflated balloons for awhile, but gradually came back to a new normal.