Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

OB/GYN MIA

I received a letter in the mail that my doctor is no longer practicing out of his office and new doctor has taken over. I called them because my yearly is in November and with TTC to conceive around the corner I am a little annoyed with losing the doctor I have had for 14 years. They were great and it is a lot of the same nurses and they answered all my questions. I am fine going to see the new doctor.

I asked if my doctor was practicing elsewhere and I got the response, "not at this time and unfortunately we have no further information other than he has sold his practice". He is way too young to retire. He was always great and may have just moved or something but I am so curious if something else happened. Do doctors just sell their practices that often and this is normal?

Re: OB/GYN MIA

• It seems kind of weird that they are so closed lipped about it. I would think if he moved or something, they would say it. So, it is probably something more private or personal.
  • I would google his name. My dentist sold his practice when he moved to Arizona.  He sent a letter to all of his patients explaining what happened, and introducing/recommending the new dentist.

Your story makes me think that either the new owner of the practice doesn't want to lose patients, or there was some sort of malpractice issue with your old doctor.

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • With that response, I'm going to say one of the following things has happened:

He made bank in his short career and decided to move to Figi and live his life on the beach.

--Or--

He had to surrender his license due to a pending investigation regarding inappropriate touching during an exam.

I'm an all or nothing kind of girl.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There are a lot of rules about a doctor leaving a practice and where they are allowed to practice afterward to prevent patient stealing.  The office can't tell you where he went.
  • Unusual, but not unheard of.  If it is the same nurses and they are not talking, it is probably a health issue (mental or physical).  Other times docs get fedthefuckup with insurance companies etc and just quit.
  • Hmm, google didn't reveal anything other than he had really good ratings on health websites. I am hoping it is nothing bad, he was always very professional.  At the same time my head is going to some not good places.
  • When I was a kid, our pedi ran away with one of his nurses apparently. Quite the scandal. I hope it is something naughty like that...
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/110dmv5.jpg[/IMG]
    My Big Fat Messy Life
  • This actually happened to me in July. The office Wouldn't give any details at all about where she went and everyone was freaking out (she delivered Emmett and my 2 nephews) and I really wanted to stay with her. Turned out she opened her own practice with another doctor nearby.
    "Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
  • Did he own the practice? Because if so, the really lucrative part of the sale is the patient lists. Or he was an employee and opened his own practice or was hired elsewhere. They probably don't want you leaving for somewhere else. The problem is it tends to give people the impression something shady has gone on before they bond with their new doctor. I'd say it's just a poor marketing choice.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Yes Mouse, he owned the practice. He was the only doctor there too. I am going to give the new one a shot and keep checking online to see if he went elsewhere.
  • image Kamikaze3:
    Yes Mouse, he owned the practice. He was the only doctor there too. I am going to give the new one a shot and keep checking online to see if he went elsewhere.

Oh, that is weird. I was picturing a larger practice since there was someone to take you over so quickly. 

Maybe he moved? Does your state have their licensing info online? 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • image pdxmouse:

image Kamikaze3:
    Yes Mouse, he owned the practice. He was the only doctor there too. I am going to give the new one a shot and keep checking online to see if he went elsewhere.

Oh, that is weird. I was picturing a larger practice since there was someone to take you over so quickly. 

Maybe he moved? Does your state have their licensing info online? 

I am going to keep looking in to this. Looking for licensing info is a good idea. Thanks!