Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Art Fail

2»

Re: Art Fail

• god, i keep looking back at it and laughing.
  • image buddhagouda:

Here you go, Mashed

That will be $950

dead.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • image GroomzMcFinehiney:

image mashedpotato:
    I'd rather hang a picture of evee in that "wildside" outfit on my walls.  that's bad.

Please God let me get Mashed for Secret Santa this year.

Damn you, I just emailed Cali the same thing.

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I don't mean to get all "Edith" up in here, but I can understand (sort of).

You chatted up the artist giving you a starving artist's sob story.  You have the extra money and wanted to help her out.  Plus, you clearly don't have that much experience with arty stuff, so you were kind of relying on this chick to educate you a little bit.

She took advantage of you.  Karma will bite her artistic ass.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't side-eye kitkat for not knowing it wasn't a real painting.  I do SUPER judge the director for not noticing.  Seeing as how it's her job, you'd expect a bit more from her.

But seriously, kitkat, $700 worth of thank yous for sharing your misfortune with us and letting us have a laugh.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • KittyKat, I have a bunch of sob stories. What are the chances I could get you to buy me a bunch of new clothes. I will paint an actual painting on canvas for you, and it will look better than that thing you bought.

Your husband already thinks you burned the seven hundo, so we can keep this off the books.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • wowie zowie. kitkat, i do sympathize with you. being hustled, never fun.

but this has filled up my hilarity thermos and should last me till the morning. OMG. hhahaha.

• Oh, how I laughed when I saw that "painting."  Kit kat, $700?  Really?

I'm glad you're getting your money back and you can laugh about it.

we all fall down sometimes
    brass and ballet flats
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:

I don't side-eye kitkat for not knowing it wasn't a real painting.  I do SUPER judge the director for not noticing.  Seeing as how it's her job, you'd expect a bit more from her.

But seriously, kitkat, $700 worth of thank yous for sharing your misfortune with us and letting us have a laugh.

Yes, to both points.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Kitkatpattywhack:

DON'T JUDGE ME!!   It isn't really my style and it's totally out of my box.  But it actually looks pretty good hanging in our bedroom.

...Salsa?

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Well the director doesn't want my painting either and is really embarrassed about the whole situation. 

It will probably hang on my wall for awhile, then I will probably give my gorgeous Ikea print to my niece.  She is 6, she'll love it.

I'm glad I could be of some entertainment.  I've got a good dead body story I'll post tonight/tomorrow if I have time. 

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/24v339h.jpg[/IMG]
  • This thread was way funnier than I could have possibly hoped, and you're getting your money back so I don't even feel bad for laughing.

Wanna buy one of my son's fingerpaintings? Bargain at $650, PLUS it's real paint. 

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • Bless your heart.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I think what's almost as sad as paying $700 for a painting you don't really like and isn't even a painting is the fact that multiple people were fooled into buying stuff from her.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

• I'm actually crying. Lorne is staring at me like I just grew a second head.

• I love this entire story. I will never NOT like kitkat after this. I don't know who she is or where she is from, but this made me love her forever. How would we ever have funny stories if people didn't always know, you know, the difference between paint and print?! Thank you for not knowing, kitkat.

I wish I could remember all the details of the door to door guy selling art (he was actually selling just the canvases so we knew they were real) - Sebastian totally got suckered, like "we don't have time right now but could you come back at x o'clock" style. I believe we bought.....two paintings?

image Guess who?
  • Kitkat, this post has brought me much enjoyment.  I am helping a friend at an art/street festival this weekend (she sells small batched flavored nuts), so I of course had to share it with her.  We will be on the look out for fake artistes!