Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Job Update

So I got an offer last night!  They offered less than I was expecting, so I countered and I won't hear back from them until tomorrow.  I'm hoping they meet my counter and I can give notice here.  

So when you're done with Winged's vag, send some pixie dust my way.

3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali

Re: Job Update

• Wahoo! And vibes.

And which job is this? 

• YAY!  and you're not a delicate flower like winger so I can forcibly throw my vibez in your direction.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • Hooray! I hope they give you everything you asked for. You are worth it, dammit.
  • Well, since we have to be careful with the force of our Winged vibez, I have some extra to share.

More money, more money, more money vibez.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's for a ridiculously large company where I'd be dong benefits outsourcing.  The first 2 interviews for the job were for one department, and the third was for a completely different position.  When I asked the manager why I'm interviewing for a new position, she basically said that the hiring mangers got together and fought over me and she won.  That did wonders for my ego.  I'm also hoping that means they'll meet my counter offer.

The other thing I like is that she flat out said that if I spend some time in the position and find I don't like it, they'll help me find something in house that I will like (which may or may not be just and empty promise) and that I have the option of working from home as much or as little as I'd like.

Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Congrats!  Was the offer far-off from your counter?  What if they meet you somewhere in the middle?  Would you accept anyway?

Heard anything re: the other interviews yet?  Are you hoping more offers come in before you have to decide about this one?

• image CalledOut:

Congrats!  Was the offer far-off from your counter?  What if they meet you somewhere in the middle?  Would you accept anyway?

Heard anything re: the other interviews yet?  Are you hoping more offers come in before you have to decide about this one?

I have another offer pending that pays better, but I really don't want the job.  This place is my frontrunner.  If they're willing to come close to my asking price, I'd take it.  If they lowball me, I probably would have to walk.  Which stinks because I think I'd like it there.

• That's awesome, Groomz! You have all my non-vag vibes.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • image GroomzMcFinehiney:

It's for a ridiculously large company where I'd be dong benefits outsourcing.  The first 2 interviews for the job were for one department, and the third was for a completely different position.  When I asked the manager why I'm interviewing for a new position, she basically said that the hiring mangers got together and fought over me and she won.  That did wonders for my ego.  I'm also hoping that means they'll meet my counter offer.

The other thing I like is that she flat out said that if I spend some time in the position and find I don't like it, they'll help me find something in house that I will like (which may or may not be just and empty promise) and that I have the option of working from home as much or as little as I'd like.

I am sorry, I cannot get past this. I am crying. crying. literal tears pouring down my face. I have no idea what the rest of this says. 

• I'm not sending that jerk any of my vibezz, so you can have them all!  Wahoo on being inches away from leaving your current hell hole!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Here's my card Winger.

• Awesome! I hope the accept or come close to your counter-offer. I'm sending my non-cervix vibes to you.
  • Umm, Groomz?  You probably shouldn't post that personal information on the internets.  Now people are going to stalk you at your new company and visit your website.
  • Congrats! Hopefully they pay your counter to make sure they don't lose out on you.
  • Dong vibes to you!
    image Mabel the Loser.

It's for a ridiculously large company where I'd be dong benefits outsourcing.  The first 2 interviews for the job were for one department, and the third was for a completely different position.  When I asked the manager why I'm interviewing for a new position, she basically said that the hiring mangers got together and fought over me and she won.  That did wonders for my ego.  I'm also hoping that means they'll meet my counter offer.

My experience with ginormous corporations is that this does actually happen. I had four different jobs within my last company. Good luck groomz!
  • Now I have to concentrate to make sure I don't accidentally send you the vag vibes and Winged the dong vibes. That could be messy.
  • your cucumber looks painful.
  • image wingedbride:
    your cucumber looks painful.

I think that's a bunch of asparagus spears.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:

image wingedbride:
    your cucumber looks painful.

I think that's a bunch of asparagus spears.

your mom is an asparagus spear. 

• I'm legit weeping at "dong benefits". I'm 12.

Yay! I hope your dong gets the cash money it deserves!

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • This post is all kinds of awesome.  I don't know you, I lurk.  But because you completed your dong benefits with a business card - and thus made my day whole....tons and tons of vibes, pixie dust, and whatever else you need are yours.

//wipes eyes and goes back to work//

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/al4z7p.jpg[/IMG]
  • Ding fukking dong! Atta boy!
  • Vibes for your dong benefits!

• Schneider, thanks for coming out of lurking to tell me I'm awesome.  That makes you awesome.

Also, HT misses you.

omfg.

DONG BENEFITS OUTSOURCING?!

what kind of benefits do they offer for dongs these days?

this is gold.

Tarnation!

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/963/5279/9635279.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Calorie Counter[/url]
  • Schneider and I are an adorable couple.
  • Dong vibes to you!  Hmmm...sounds a lot like your old job.

Schneider, thanks for coming out of lurking to tell me I'm awesome.  That makes you awesome.

Also, HT misses you.

It's nice that after one post I am able to find such a hottie for my better half.  But to truly appreciate this budding relationship, I need some details...

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/al4z7p.jpg[/IMG]