Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Okay, help me shop (prioritize)

Our anniversary is 10/23, James's birthday is 11/04, and then there's Christmas.  I have a list of what I want to get for him, but I'm having a hard time prioritizing.

I want to get him a kindle because my sister who was recently visiting had one and James loved it.  So, I'm itching to get him that.

He also would like all this crapola from the LL Bean catalog.  I'd like to get him that stuff sooner than Christmas because when it starts getting chilly I'd like him to have it.  Plus, he wants a parka from them, and we go to Leavenworth before Christmas for the lights and I'd like him to have it then. 

He also wants a grain mill which is expensive.  I know it's not for me, but this is my least favorite gift idea for him, so I'm cool waiting for Christmas for this.

LL Bean has free shipping, no minimum, so I wouldn't mind using them more than once for the three occasions.

I think the parka should come for his birthday so he has it for Leavenworth.

So, with all that, should I do the kindle for anniversary?  Or should I do the other chilly weather LL Bean stuff for anniversary (sweatshirts and boots and stuff) and wait on the kindle for Christmas (like I said, I'm itching to get him this). 

OR, the last option would be to get him the kindle from Tman for his birthday, but we aren't loaded and that's quite a gift from a 6 year old.  I could make him use his personal savings for it.  JUST KIDDING, of course.

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: Okay, help me shop (prioritize)

• i'd wait on the kindle...i think it was yesterday, they released an article about new kindles coming out soon. i'm not positive on when that is, but i'd get it for xmas...and i'd preorder, because i imagine they might sell out.

LL bean sooner, because it's getting cold soon, and the grain mill next.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • I wouldn't be getting him the new kindle fire.  I'd get him the middle of the road one that's already available.
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • I'd do the cold weather gear first, the kindle second and the mill last assuming you do get him all of them. A new line of kindles were introduced yesterday and they've come down in price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think your anniversary is a great reason to splurge on the Kindle.  Then his b-day would be great timing for the LL Bean stuff.  And the grain mill can be for Christmas, since you aren't as excited about it, it could be from Santa Wink
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • DItto PPs, LL Bean stuff for Bday. Which anniversary is this for you, out of curiousity?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • image KST_:
    DItto PPs, LL Bean stuff for Bday. Which anniversary is this for you, out of curiousity?

Seven!  I am getting the itch.  Or at least that's what I tell James and that I'm already in search of some boyfriends. :)

• image mgoss228:
    I think your anniversary is a great reason to splurge on the Kindle.  Then his b-day would be great timing for the LL Bean stuff.  And the grain mill can be for Christmas, since you aren't as excited about it, it could be from Santa Wink

this. exactly this. 

• Looks like 7th anniversary is copper, wool, and desk sets. So, repurpose an old wool sweater as a little case for the Kindle and it can be a pretend desk set :D
    Daisypath Vacation tickers