Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

good thursday morning!

happy thursday! one more day! wooo! any big plans this weekend? i'm resting/sleeping in, and i'm excited about that!

so i'm superduper pissed at work...i stayed late on tues/weds to work on this project that was so urgently due on weds...i let everyone know that the results were on my desk, and that i was leaving......they're still sitting here on my desk.  w...t...f........ at least i got some overtime pay out of it?

no super big plans today....have a great day everyone!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: good thursday morning!

• Happy Thursday!

I might have had a little too much wine last night and now I'm feeling a little slow this morning. Thankfully, today should be pretty quiet though. 

Jenn, that's super annoying. Thank goodness you got OT out of it. 

• Good morning. Ballet last night so I am tired today. I've got to teach a class in a bit and then have some meetings later. Cookie baking tonight! (I always take cookies to work on Friday, thus the name of my blog)

This weekend we are going to Salmon Days. It will likely be a bit rainly but that's ok. Other than that I don't know what we are doing.

• Good morning! I probably have an extra long work day ahead of me, but thankfully a low key evening after that. I have five miles to run after work, then H and I might actually make dinner and eat together at home like normal people. That would be nice.

Nothing too big planned for the weekend - coffee date, long run, massage, who knows what else. Hopefully some cleaning and reorganizing. And sleeping. Lots of sleeping.

Happy Thursday!

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • I woke up with a cold :(  Going to stay home today (the beauty of being a grad student), which means I can hang with you guys all.the.time :D

Husky - how did the dinner go?

• image amandasw:

which means I can hang with you guys all.the.time :D

Party!!! Party!!! Party!!!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • image amandasw:

It was great! Adding the meatball sammiches was perfect. It was more than enough food for everyone and they took home some left overs too. 

I varied the nutella pockets slightly and made them in to tartlets, but they were still super yums.

And mudpuddle's soup was ah-mazing. 

And, I'm totally getting ahead of my self because they've only been dating about 6 months, but I really hope he marries this girl. I totally heart her. She's perfect for him. Big Smile

Something's going around, take care of yourself! Get better soon! 

• image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:

It was great! Adding the meatball sammiches was perfect. It was more than enough food for everyone and they took home some left overs too. 

I varied the nutella pockets slightly and made them in to tartlets, but they were still super yums.

And mudpuddle's soup was ah-mazing. 

And, I'm totally getting ahead of my self because they've only been dating about 6 months, but I really hope he marries this girl. I totally heart her. She's perfect for him. Big Smile

Something's going around, take care of yourself! Get better soon! 

yay!  glad it went well.  how do you make a tartlet? 

• image amandasw:

I cut the puff pastry in to rounds, put that in a muffin tin, filled that with the nutella, topped with marshmallows and then baked. 

• image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:

I cut the puff pastry in to rounds, put that in a muffin tin, filled that with the nutella, topped with marshmallows and then baked. 

YUM!

• The Braves lost, completing their epic choke in the last month of the season. It's a sad day in our house.

Well, mostly it's a sad day for me. Haven't had much time to think about anything else this morning. On the plus side I might actually get some work done this week.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • I am ready for another very boring day in which I have nothing to do but wait to have this baby and maybe help a few people at work.

This week end I have to work on Saturday and I believe I have brunch plans with my bff Sunday, still ironing out the details. She has some pillows for the nursery, so I really hope we get together.

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • There was super crappy traffic on 520-Eastbound this morning No  and that made me 30 minutes late for work.  So it looks like I'll be having a 30 min lunch break, rather than a full hour Crying

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  The Huskies have an away game this week, but I'm still looking forward to watching!

OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • It took me WAAAY too much shopping last night to find the long string of faux pearls for my outfit. I went to Forever21 downtown because I hadn't recalled seeing it at Southcenter on Tuesday. Nope, they didn't have them, checked H&M for something that would work, then ended up driving down to SC anyway! I finally found ONE on a display mannequin so I totally jacked it. However, this ridiculous length of time meant I couldn't get to Ulta before they closed. :( Neither my cousin nor I have the colors I was specifically wanting for my "costume" tonight but I'll just have to make do.

I painted my nails last night before bed. This morning in the car, saw that my index finger was 1/3 chipped off. WTH? I can't stop obsessing over it, even though it does no good because I don't have time to grab the bottle of polish from the living room and do a quickie 1coat to hold me over. Booo.

I'm PMSy so I'm crazy cranky/irritable and work is worse than usual. I shouldn't be on here because I actually have too much work to do...and obviously my boss doesn't have enough because she keeps pestering me about stuff.

AND...DH spent half an hour with the techies because our Internet was theoretically installed yesterday and we have no service. They claim it's our brand new modem they sent and will send a new one...so what, another week + with no Internet at home?! SUCKY. And in good news, Teatro Zinzanni tonight, on DH's company's dime with open bar!

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Good morning! I had fillings done yesterday at the dentist, and they gave me 4 shots of novocaine (talk about overkill!), so I'm still super sore this morning... and super hungry since it wasn't comfortable eating at all yesterday. I'm making bran muffins, so hopefully that'll be soft and filling enough. Otherwise, refer to my other post about my new trainer. I'm feeling wonderful!

Forgot to mention I'm doing an awareness walk for the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention on Saturday in Seattle. Looking forward to that, and then a nice long weekend of nothing else! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image KST_:

It took me WAAAY too much shopping last night to find the long string of faux pearls for my outfit. I went to Forever21 downtown because I hadn't recalled seeing it at Southcenter on Tuesday. Nope, they didn't have them, checked H&M for something that would work, then ended up driving down to SC anyway! I finally found ONE on a display mannequin so I totally jacked it. However, this ridiculous length of time meant I couldn't get to Ulta before they closed. :( Neither my cousin nor I have the colors I was specifically wanting for my "costume" tonight but I'll just have to make do.

I painted my nails last night before bed. This morning in the car, saw that my index finger was 1/3 chipped off. WTH? I can't stop obsessing over it, even though it does no good because I don't have time to grab the bottle of polish from the living room and do a quickie 1coat to hold me over. Booo.

I'm PMSy so I'm crazy cranky/irritable and work is worse than usual. I shouldn't be on here because I actually have too much work to do...and obviously my boss doesn't have enough because she keeps pestering me about stuff.

AND...DH spent half an hour with the techies because our Internet was theoretically installed yesterday and we have no service. They claim it's our brand new modem they sent and will send a new one...so what, another week + with no Internet at home?! SUCKY. And in good news, Teatro Zinzanni tonight, on DH's company's dime with open bar!

did I miss what you're doing/why you're dressing up?  it sounds like fun!  but I totally hate when one of the nails is messed up.  Have you tried using Seche Vite?

ETA: reading comprehension fail.  lol.  So you're dressing up to go to Teatro?  I didn't know it was a dress up sort of thing. Well, hope it's fun!

• image KST_:

It took me WAAAY too much shopping last night to find the long string of faux pearls for my outfit. I went to Forever21 downtown because I hadn't recalled seeing it at Southcenter on Tuesday. Nope, they didn't have them, checked H&M for something that would work, then ended up driving down to SC anyway! I finally found ONE on a display mannequin so I totally jacked it. However, this ridiculous length of time meant I couldn't get to Ulta before they closed. :( Neither my cousin nor I have the colors I was specifically wanting for my "costume" tonight but I'll just have to make do.

This sounds like the perfect end to a truly unpleasant couple of days! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ugh. Morning. I am on a few hours of sleep. I had the pleasure of attending a company event with DH last night and then playing gate keeper to make sure no one drove. I had a few beers over a 9 hour period, but I feel like a Mack truck hit me. I don't do well on lack of sleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning! It's my Friday, so I'm looking forward to today being over. Sometimes Thrusdays are slow at work, but hopefully it will go by quickly.

Have a good day ladies!

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • image QuirkyIntellect:

This sounds like the perfect end to a truly unpleasant couple of days! 

It's what's getting me through the week!

DH's company is a fun group and the showroom people like to be a little extra silly. So they sent information saying that it was "semi-formal" dress (if they don't specify, the warehouse guys H works with would probably show up in torn jeans and a t-shirt. But they've been chit-chatting and a lot of the show-room folks are going to dress up a little more "fun" and they're going to bring props for people to use. I don't know what kind of props, I'm guessing hats and whatnot.

I found a cute tiered dress at Forver21 that felt kind of Flapper to me, so I'm wearing that (it's pale pink with black beaded straps), with seamed stockings, my kind of old-fashioned heels with a Mary Jane kind of strap, a black feathered headband, LONG string of white pearls I'll loop twice, and a faux pearl stacked bracelet. Plan on doing some retro-vintage make-up...accentuated cateye liner with cupid bow red lips. :) I love dressing up!

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • image KST_:

I found a cute tiered dress at Forver21 that felt kind of Flapper to me, so I'm wearing that (it's pale pink with black beaded straps), with seamed stockings, my kind of old-fashioned heels with a Mary Jane kind of strap, a black feathered headband, LONG string of white pearls I'll loop twice, and a faux pearl stacked bracelet. Plan on doing some retro-vintage make-up...accentuated cateye liner with cupid bow red lips. :) I love dressing up!

jealous!  I want to dress up now...

• Late to the game but Happy Thursday!! I am ready for Friday myself... Today was a boring work day but yesterday I finally checked out the farmers market up the street from my house. So much yummy organic produce!! They also had kittens there. I was so tempted but my husband really wants to help pick one out and I haven't decided if we should even get another one or not...