International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Insomnia

Or something like it.

It seems like every night lately I only wake up once to pee and then I am wide awake for an hour thinking about baby things.  I just can't get my head to shut down!  And I swear, the things I am thinking about I've thought about a million times before -- like how I need to wash the cloth diaper supplies my sister is sending, where the stroller is going to go when not being used, etc.  I have no reason to be thinking of this in the middle of the night and just for once I'd like to get up, pee, and go right back to sleep! 

It's weird too because I don't have any problem going to sleep at the beginning of the night...just getting back to sleep after a late-night potty run.

In at most 6 weeks there will be a baby in this house.  Maybe THAT is what's keeping me up and making me so anxious!

Anyone else pregnant and dealing with this?  Or had the same thing happen when they were pregnant?  Or not pregnant and just have experience with insomnia?  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Insomnia

• I'm experiencing it right now. It's only 11 here but I was really planning to be asleep 2 hours ago. For me it's a combination. The peeing thing (seriously, at LEAST 5x a night), thinking about the baby, stressing about work. Tonight DH and I had a long, horrid fight right before bed and I can't seem to calm down from it (he's been asleep over an hour). In short, I feel your pain!
  • Oh...one thing that sometimes works for me is to close my eyes and start thinking of a country to go with each letter of the alphabet. Like A- Argentina. B- Belgium. Etc. Usually I'm out cold by the time I get to M :)
  • Arguments before bed can definitely make it worse.

I think I'm going to go back to bed and try out your countries idea...sounds boring enough that it just might work!  I hope you get some sleep tonight too and don't have to pee too many times.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image MrsBini10:
    Oh...one thing that sometimes works for me is to close my eyes and start thinking of a country to go with each letter of the alphabet. Like A- Argentina. B- Belgium. Etc. Usually I'm out cold by the time I get to M :)

I am a big nerd but that game actually sounds fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also suggest having a pad of paper next to your bed so you can write your worries down - it's the constant whirly thinking about them that keeps you up.  And here's a great relaxation thing you can do:

Find a quiet place where you can concentrate in peace for a few minutes.  Sit down and close your eyes if you wish.  Choose a color that you find unappealing.  Imagine that your entire body is filled with this color.  Now choose a color that you find calming.  Take deep breathes and every time you inhale imagine the calming color going into your body.  Each time you exhale imagine the unappealing color leaving your body.  Continue with the deep breathing until you feel that only the calming color is left.

I've used this and my students that I work with use it.