September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

tuesday snoozeday

morning, gals.

got a lovely 8 hours of sleep last night for the first time in ages.  Felt glorious.  had a great 4 mile run, felt much better, my breathing was better, etc.  Hope to double that tonight, but I will be happy with anything over 6 miles.  Less than 2 weeks until the big race!  picked up my car (for the 4th time) and she finally works (knock on wood)!  we will get gerren's truck tonight.  praise the lord.

so.much.work today.  my list is almost 2 full pages.  i die.

hope everyone has a good day! 

Re: tuesday snoozeday

• Well as most of you know *gestures down at siggy*

*Sigh*

Anyway, played soccer last night. I actually played pretty well. H says I've been improving as the season goes on. He's not the type to give out false praise. 

Oooh, totally random, but I'm super excited about my gummy vitamins. 

And I have about a million things to do today in preparation for my BIL's wedding this weekend, like calling the kennel, getting my dress cleaned, etc, etc. 

Oh and I won't be online during the work day, except for lunch. Definitely want that promotion in January.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Congrats again QoA.  How are you feeling about it today?

Shauni, glad you're feeling better!

My adrenaline is still pumping, I almost got in a car accident.  Some jerk decided he didn't want to be in his lane and decided to jump into mine (on the off ramp of a 5 lane exit).  Luckily noone was to my right, but I turned so hard, my seatbelt burned my chest, then I overcorrected too hard and almost hit him anyway.  Sheesh mcgeesh!  Still shaking.

New girl at work, been really busy helping write her training plan and implement it.  She's taking my old job and I really lobbied to have a hand in her training.  Now I'm regretting it.

In other news, went shopping for sweaters last night at dress barn.  Shopped on the misses side instead of the plus side.  Hells yeah!  Got 2 sweaters in XL, not 1X or 2X, so excited!  Also just pumped up my bouncy ball to sit on at work instead of a chair.  Funtimes.

• So I jinxed myself last week when I was saying I never call in. I was so sick yesterday I actually called in sick to work. I probably would not have if I wasnt pregnant. I don't feel great today but at least I only have today and half a day wednesday to get through.

I am an AUNT!!! My SIl and BIL had their baby yesterday 8.5 baby boy. No name yet. The picture I saw he is perfect!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image brew311:

In other news, went shopping for sweaters last night at dress barn.  Shopped on the misses side instead of the plus side.  Hells yeah!  Got 2 sweaters in XL, not 1X or 2X, so excited!  Also just pumped up my bouncy ball to sit on at work instead of a chair.  Funtimes.

Congrats!!!  And I'm extremely jealous!  I must say though, that even though I'm a big girl, my stomach has never been bigger than "my girls" and I'm kinda looking forward to that day during this pregnancy that that happens.  I mean, it's cute when it's a big round, hard, bump sticking out.  HOWEVER, "my girls" keep growing right along with the belly and I think I've had to get bigger shirts, more so b/c of them versus the belly. 

• Hey all!

Congrats to babies being born (Xtine), and babies being discovered! (QOA).  QOA- my advice (even though you didn't ask) if you're still having a hard time letting it sink in, just give it time and take it for what it is right now.  I know this is corny, but I've always been a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason."  I'm cheezy, I know.

Today is ok.  It's gloomy and rainy again.  I have a new recipe in the crock pot so i'm hoping it turns out good. Other than that, nothing too exciting. 

• Huzzah at the return of Caroline the Corolla (Carolyn?).

Is it almost October? WTF with the humidity? My freaking AC is on. Cripes.

I have everything unpacked and all laundry done. Mfd's *** is all over the green room but at least it's contained. My house hasn't been cleaned since 9/13 so that sucks, I will do a little each night. I wiped down the toilets and kitchen this weekend.

Last night I had to go to the drug store and Redner's. I put a bunch of crap away and then we ate and watched Pan Am, Family Guy and American Dad.

I fell out on the couch at 10 and moved upstairs at 1. I am exhausted. I'm going to try to be in bed by 10 every night this week.

• QoA, I want more details, like did you just POAS yesterday?  Did you have an inkling?  Excitement!

Brew, I HATE That feeling of being all shaky from a near car accident.  That has happened to me a couple of times and it scares the bejezus out of me.

And Stephanie, Caroline is the correct pronunciation.   We will get Harrison the Ford tonight so they can be happily together again :)

• Great work on the smaller sizes Misty! I'm pumped to be experiencing that as well.

Back to the gym and food log today. Vacation is over, y'all. Just in time for PMS week.

So sorry about that almost accident, thank God it wasn't worse.

• Brew - Awesome job on the smaller sizes!  That's gotta be great for the motivation! :-)  And holy crap, I know the feeling of adrenaline after a near accident.  People drive like total fvckholes all the time around here.  Glad you're okay!

Steph - Dude, I'm right there with you.  My house hasn't been cleaned since before vacation (um, we left Sept 3) and I want to dry heave when I look at my bathroom, but I just can't get it up for cleaning...

Xtine - Congrats on being an aunt!  Is this your first niece/nephew?  I love being an aunt.  I spoil the nieces/nephews rotten then send 'em home!

Vacation

Vacation
  • I feel like an asscrack today.  I think the malaria meds are finally starting to take a toll on me, too.  It's day #26 of 27, and I started having panic attacks last night; like I couldn't breathe and I was convinced I have malaria and my organs were shutting down on me.  Which resulted in about 0.0658 hours of sleep.  I can't wait to be done with this shiit.

In other news, my boss is in a training all day today, so I totally want to goof off, but know I should do work.  I can't get my motivation back after vacation.  All I want to do is plan another one and/or my retirement.

Vacation

Vacation
  • image sunshine_day_dreams:

Xtine - Congrats on being an aunt!  Is this your first niece/nephew?  I love being an aunt.  I spoil the nieces/nephews rotten then send 'em home!

Love getting to spoil them rotten then give them back!

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image emilyann21:
    image sunshine_day_dreams:

Love getting to spoil them rotten then give them back!

Yes  this is my first real nephew. I just wished they lived closer to be able to spoil and return and that nephew and B would be so close in age. We just need to convince them to move to Florida.

• I'm sofaking tired. Ended up running out of one phase of these TCM herbs and had to drive to acupuncturists office to get them, but DH and the dog went with me Big Smile I've been really good about falling asleep between 9-10p but last night was closer to 10p and woke up a little after 4am to get ready for this morning and I feel tired. And traffic sucked donkey balls too, ugh.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay for getting Caroline (and soon Harrison) back, Shauni!  And QofA - congrats.  Come to terms with it on your own time; I think there's plenty of time for it to sink in, and once it does you'll be great :)  Brew - yay for smaller sizes! 

This morning has been kind of a disaster, just one little thing after another.  I spent forever this morning trying to find an outfit that didn't make me look/feel fat and wound up getting frustrated and throwing something on that's probably worse than the first thing I tried, plus I discovered my not-so-cheap Anthro shirt has holes in it while I was on the subway.  Angry  I forgot my Kindle, forgot the package I was supposed to mail for Jeff, and my iPod died.  Some days I just want to turn around, go home, and call in sick.  Then I get to work and try to analyze and experiment I ran, and it looks like crap and I have to repeat it, but I have to spend two weeks making more materials first.  Crying  It's hard to drag myself out of bed when I hate my job so much, and even harder when it's actually going poorly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ok on a happier note - I spent over an hour on GoodReads last night, going through a list of the best books ever or some shizz like that.  I found it very entertaining to see what people have ranked as one of the best books of all time (some were ridiculous, some were merely interesting), and it was fun going through and ranking a bunch of books and adding a TON to my 'read' list.  I had been a little sad that I was a book behind on my challenge to read 100 books this year (damn you, Game of Thrones!) so that perked me right up. 

I'm a dork. Geeked

• Good morning.  Not much excitement last night.  Went to my meeting.  Came home.  Watched some of MNF, eh it wasn't exciting.  Had dinner.  Watched TV.  Off to bed, 

Not much for today.  It's my brother's b-day so I'll send him a card today, yeah a little late.  It is also the 5 year anniversary of Rich's grandmother's passing.  It sucks that is is the same date as my brother's birthday, but you can't control those things.  I think we're taking her flowers tonight, if not we'll do it over the weekend.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • image LauraT25:

Ok on a happier note - I spent over an hour on GoodReads last night, going through a list of the best books ever or some shizz like that.  I found it very entertaining to see what people have ranked as one of the best books of all time (some were ridiculous, some were merely interesting), and it was fun going through and ranking a bunch of books and adding a TON to my 'read' list.  I had been a little sad that I was a book behind on my challenge to read 100 books this year (damn you, Game of Thrones!) so that perked me right up. 

I'm a dork. Geeked

Was this hard for you to get into? I've been on a reading hiatus which is super weird for me. This book/series was HIGHLY recommended by a good friend, but I just can't get into it. Maybe I need a lighter read first or something. Just picking your brain. :)

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Aw, thanks guys. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. H is pretty happy about it, but I think he's trying to hide it so it's not all in my face. He was SUPER cuddly and affectionate all evening. He doesn't want me to tell anyone IRL, but I want to tell my MOH. He wants it "to be just us" for awhile, which is ridiculously cute.

As for the story, I missed my period a couple of weeks ago. After the last time I got all freaked out, I decided I was just going to forget about it because I almost never get my period when I'm supposed, even on BC (which I was on and taking EVERY MORNING at EXACTLY 8AM!). I am also on a drug for my insulin resitance (metformin), which is also used as a fertility treatment for obese women. I've been having crazy dreams that past week or so and I started crying last week because if we never had children, that there would be no more H in the world (it was really really really weird and so unlike me). And I came REALLY close to puking on a co-worker yesterday after lunch. I'm going to a wedding this weekend, so I was like "hmm, I better test just in case because I'm all weird and pukey and if I'm KU, I shouldn't get wastedface." Sure enough, there were two pink lines. I cried. A lot. Then I went a bought a pregnancy book and started planning.

I'm not unhappy about it. It's just that I pictured my life being one way and now it's not going to be that way and it's a lot to take in. I know we'll be happy and that I'll love my baby. H will be an amazing dad. There's no one else is the world I'd rather do this with.

Now I just need to get over my fear of having something living inside of me. And my fear of breast feeding (just MILK coming out of MY BOOBS).

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Where do I start...

Xtine- Congrats on becoming an auntie

Brew- Awesome job on the weight loss

Shauni- Glad you're feeling better

Lyns- Sorry you feel sucky

Sunshine- Sorry you're feeling wacky

Sorry if I missed anyone else

• Oh yeah, QOA- If it makes you feel any better I'll have a bottle of wine in your honor Big Smile.
  • image QueenofAnything:

Now I just need to get over my fear of having something living inside of me. And my fear of breast feeding (just MILK coming out of MY BOOBS).

I'm with you on this!  Ok, so maybe it's not the exact same fear, but breastfeeding worries me.  Up until about 3 months ago I thought I would NEVER breastfeed when I have kids.  I'm coming to terms with it, and I'm now hoping that it works out that I can actually do it.  If you ever need to vent about it, I'm here!

• image moleson99:
    image QueenofAnything:

I'm with you on this!  Ok, so maybe it's not the exact same fear, but breastfeeding worries me.  Up until about 3 months ago I thought I would NEVER breastfeed when I have kids.  I'm coming to terms with it, and I'm now hoping that it works out that I can actually do it.  If you ever need to vent about it, I'm here!

I can get on board with this. I plan on doing it. I don;t know how long I actually will do it. It kinda wierds me out, and flameaway but I want to be able to drink again and not have to worry about how much I can drink.

• QOA, thanks for sharing!  How exciting/nerve racking/overwhelming!  You made a doctors appointment, yes?  And H wanting to just share this moment with you and not tell anyone?  I die from sweetness :)
  • Morning!  I've got no complaints, just happy to be home alone with H again.  Had our 3rd of 4 baby birth classes last night, and it all feels like it's so close.  Most of the women in my class, though are about 4 weeks ahead of me.  I can't imagine finishing class at 37 weeks!  I'm too scared that I'll go into labor early.

Brew - yay, congrats on the weight loss!  What a good feeling.

QoA - I am so super excited for you guys, and I love your attitude about it.  And I agree with Shauni, your H makes me die from the sweetness.  I also had crazy dreams in the first few weeks of pregnancy. 

• image Xtine22:
    image moleson99:
    image QueenofAnything:

I can get on board with this. I plan on doing it. I don;t know how long I actually will do it. It kinda wierds me out, and flameaway but I want to be able to drink again and not have to worry about how much I can drink.

Part of me is all "omg, that's going to be sooooo gross" but another part of me is "hey, think of how much $$$ you'll save by bf'ing instead of formula?"

Shauni - made a dr's appt this morning for 10/12. I was nervous b/c my gyno is a CNP not an MD and I didn't know if she did OB, but she does! I didn't realize I was nervous about it until she called me back.

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • image emilyann21:

Was this hard for you to get into? I've been on a reading hiatus which is super weird for me. This book/series was HIGHLY recommended by a good friend, but I just can't get into it. Maybe I need a lighter read first or something. Just picking your brain. :)

Yes and no.  I watched the HBO series, and that made the first book go pretty fast.  The second book felt much slower because I no longer had the show to aid me, but once I got into it (maybe 1/3 of the way through) it went very quickly.  Three and four were also fast, but the fifth was a bit slow.  All of them were good, and I definitely recommend them, but it takes a serious investment.  The books are very involved, so there are a lot of characters, places and plotlines to keep straight.  The show really helped me because it gave me a visual reference for a lot of these things.

The issue I was referring to in my post is more that they are LONG, so even when I'm reading them quickly and spending extra time on them they took forEVER.  So that sort of impeded my book-reading progress in terms of numbers, because usually I read two or three books per week, and those were taking me like 1-3 weeks each.  However, I pretty much couldn't put them down and found myself thinking about them constantly, even sneaking in some reading time at work, so I definitely love the series so far!

• image QueenofAnything:

I'm not unhappy about it. It's just that I pictured my life being one way and now it's not going to be that way and it's a lot to take in. I know we'll be happy and that I'll love my baby. H will be an amazing dad. There's no one else is the world I'd rather do this with.

I can get on board with all of this.  I don't really want to have kids, but if we did, I would feel this way.  I know it has to be hard to come to terms with at the moment, though.  Life will still be good, just a little different.  *hugs* 

Vacation

Vacation
  • image LauraT25:

Ok on a happier note - I spent over an hour on GoodReads last night, going through a list of the best books ever or some shizz like that.  I found it very entertaining to see what people have ranked as one of the best books of all time (some were ridiculous, some were merely interesting), and it was fun going through and ranking a bunch of books and adding a TON to my 'read' list.  I had been a little sad that I was a book behind on my challenge to read 100 books this year (damn you, Game of Thrones!) so that perked me right up. 

I'm a dork. Geeked

I do this a lot.  But then don't actually read them.  I've been on a major reading hiatus lately and need to get back.  I started reading Sophie's Choice months ago when it was like $0.99 on Amazon and I just.can't.finish.it.  I think I just need to abandon it and start something new before I give up on reading forever. :-)

Vacation

Vacation
  • image QueenofAnything:
    image Xtine22:
    image moleson99:
    image QueenofAnything:

Part of me is all "omg, that's going to be sooooo gross" but another part of me is "hey, think of how much $$$ you'll save by bf'ing instead of formula?"

Shauni - made a dr's appt this morning for 10/12. I was nervous b/c my gyno is a CNP not an MD and I didn't know if she did OB, but she does! I didn't realize I was nervous about it until she called me back.

This is really why i want to do it.