Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help me take the power away from MIL...

2»

Re: Help me take the power away from MIL...

• Be more blunt about it.
    Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com
  • I have a terrible feeling that my MIL will be the same way when we have children. The one saving grace for me is that they live hundreds of miles away. My nightmare is them deciding to move to our area. My parents live about an hour and a half from us and are decidedly different. My mom has always told me that once I was married she would never EXPECT or REQUIRE us to be with them for holidays or weekends and that she would always call before visiting. MIL, on the other hand, has already made the suggestion to DH that he should be working more so that I can stay home (not what I would want at all) and does the same crying thing that your MIL does when she doesn't get her way or understand. It's aggravating. I don't know that you can do anything but be as firm as possible. You're the mom and you have ultimate control over who interacts with your DS at this stage of his life. I agree with a pp about cutting a visit short if she begins to disregard your wishes as a mother. That will definitely take away some of the power from her. I feel for you :-
    Wedding Countdown Ticker