September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

finally friday!

oy, what a busy week back at work it has been.  actually, it wasn't too bad for my return from vacation.  I so far have gotten all my shlt done for my conference next week and my days have been jam packed, making it easier to be at work.

got in some gym time last night...god i hate the gym.  how have i lived all my life without running outside?!  i was miserable.  An hour is all I can handle in there.  

the fall like weather is killing me.  i am so conflicted about it.  i want to love fall, i have great memories of it, i love the smells, the foods, the holidays, the sweaters, etc.  but i hate being cold. and i hate not having a husband or any friends to enjoy the fall weather with.  fall = single sad lonely cold shauni.

in other news, my car was actually going to be $500 to fix.  i cried with joy.  then i got another call saying it is actually $750--they found another thing wrong with it.  i gave gerren the CC to take over and pick her up for me.  i was planning to use some of that $750 to buy new fall clothes! (wants: everything from gap and piperlime...)  i might still go this weekend and see if i can find some steals.

happy friday, ladies! 

Re: finally friday!

• Morning!

Got home from work yesterday to find two knit wool sweaters in our mailbox that our neighbor left for Izabell =).  They are soooo cute and just her size.  Of course she had to have a little fashion show and she looks absolutely adorable in them. 

Even though I haven't gained any weight back since getting the puppy and avoiding the treadmill these past couple weeks, I was starting to feel bloated and gross which told me it was time to get my ass back in gear.  I had it down to a science.  I played with the puppy until she couldn't run anymore, cuddled her, then spent an hour and a half running on the treadmill and taking a long shower while she was totally passed out cold.  It felt sooooo good and my body screamed thank you.  The people at the beach in Puerto Rico who will have to see me in my bathing suit this weekend yelled thank you too.

Tonight my sister is coming over.  She'll be staying at the house for the week to take care of the kids/animals.  We'll have dinner with her, maybe squeeze another work-out in, then head to bed early since our flight leaves at 6AM tomorrow!  SOO excited for this trip - come onnnn 4:00!

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Shauni - glad the car wasn't quite as much as you first thought and gl finding some steals this weekend!

City - have fun in PR!

I'm at home sick today. I woke up with a sore throat and congestion and it's either allergies or a cold but don't want to risk it being a cold and being around germy kids. My check from my part time job was more than I was expecting so that was a nice surprise.

This weekend we're headed to the Braves game tomorrow for BIL's birthday but not sure if we're going to my parents tonight, stay at sis's saturday after the game or just to the braves game and come back home. J won't make up his mind. I need to seriously finish the felt wreath for mama's party and get to work on whatever I'm doing for her pictures. 

Happy Friday!!! 

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • We had such a GREAT night last night. Sorry, for everyone who lives places that its gettting cold, it is finally getting nice here in Florida. We grilled steaks on the grill, I sat outside on our new (to us) patio set from a friend while Greg did the grilling. We ate delicious steak and bake potatoes. After dinner we went back outside and talked about the baby and stuff. After we went out to Cold Stone for some ice cream:) I got the love it size which is way more ice cream than it looks so I have some for tonightBig Smile

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hey all! 

I went home sick yesterday from work.  Allergies are kicking my butt big time! Feeling better today. 

So glad it's friday.  J graduates with his associates degree on saturday.  Super proud of him.  I think we're going tonight to pick out baby furniture.  Yes, I know i have an exciting life.  Stick out tongue

Other than that, it's a gloomy day here today.  Not digging it. 

• Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Was very bummed to read about the doggy issues from Alicia and car issues from Shauni.

On happier notes, K and I are finally working things out.  He's chipping in with dinner prep and dishes and I'm actually speaking to him again.  Win, win.  We've still got a long way to go but the first step is the hardest, right?

Baby Q and I hit an awesome consignment sale last night.  I have a number of friends with boys 6-18 months older than Q who keep promising me their hand-me-downs and then not following through.  Not to sound entitled b/c it's cool either way, but I haven't been buying since I don't want to waste the money if I'm getting their outgrown stuff and Q is starting to outgrow what we have for him!  Anyway, I went a little crazy and got 2 garbage bags full of clothing and toys for $100.  And a lot of the clothes are once- or never-worn and the toys look all-but-new.  They hold this sale twice a year and I will definitely be going back there in the future.

I'm starting to think about halloween costume ideas and I'm so low on creativity right now...I did find this:image

Opinions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Susie- I think that would be super cute for baby Q.
  • Love the costume, Susie!!

I was home sick yesterday, not like it really makes a difference because no one is ever in my lab anymore.  Today is pretty chilly, but I'm so excited for sweater weather!  It's always a little rough when the cold weather first hits because I usually have a couple of awkward days where I'm dressed either too warmly or not warmly enough, but once I've got it down - YAY!

Tomorrow we're going to NJ to visit MIL's new puppy (golden retriever) and maybe go on a party boat for blue fish with Jeff's brothers.  FIL says they just got a bigger bed for their new guest room, and I am so so excited about this because previously we were cramming the two of us on a twin, and I am in desperate need of good sleep right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image LauraT25:

Today is pretty chilly, but I'm so excited for sweater weather!  It's always a little rough when the cold weather first hits because I usually have a couple of awkward days where I'm dressed either too warmly or not warmly enough, but once I've got it down - YAY!

I do this too.  Partly because I can't judge the weather, and partly because I'm so excited to wear my (usually new) sweaters.  I do the same thing in reverse in the winter/spring transition.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • image SusieQ1981:
    image LauraT25:

Today is pretty chilly, but I'm so excited for sweater weather!  It's always a little rough when the cold weather first hits because I usually have a couple of awkward days where I'm dressed either too warmly or not warmly enough, but once I've got it down - YAY!

I do this too.  Partly because I can't judge the weather, and partly because I'm so excited to wear my (usually new) sweaters.  I do the same thing in reverse in the winter/spring transition.

I LOVE sweatshirt/sweater weather!!  Although, I only have 1 sweatshirt (packers) and 1 pull-over fleece (UW Badgers) that fit right now.  Sad  Have to go find some cheap stuff to get me through!  Thankfully since I work at UW, wearing a UW fleece is work acceptable.  :-)

• image Xtine22:
    Susie- I think that would be super cute for baby Q.

Agreed!

• UPDATE:  I am the worst mommy in the world.  I am so swamped at work and could not envision taking a full hour lunch to go home and feed the dog so I called the dog walker to ask if she could come a second time just for today.  Thankfully, she was able to, but I feel just horrible.  I just want to finish everything up before I leave for vacation and today is not a good day to be taking any time away.  I'm gonna miss my mid-day puppy time =(.
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • City - No you are not!  A bad mommy wouldn't have bothered calling the DW.  Iz will be extra excited to see you tonight!
  • Hey ladies. Fall is most definetely here in MI, our electric fireplace is running this morning since it was 65 degrees in the house when I got up to make breakfast for H before he left for work. I'm also wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, and socks. Sorta happy, sorta sad about that.

Went with my dad to the swim/dive meet my sisters were in last night. Whoo. I forgot why I don't go to them. It's hot to trot in there, I can't tell which swimmer is my sister, and I don't follow enough of the strokes/times etc to really care to be there. Luckily we didn't run into my stepmom, I would've probably gone off on her a$$. He took me to dinner at Big Boy. Ugh. I love him, that's for sure.

Not sure what's going on in our household this weekend. H has to work tmw, and he'll probably go to work on his motorcycle afterwards, so that day is a bust. We'll probably have to get groceries by Sunday or Monday (and I have a sub job at a new school Monday too) ... Daily grind is back I guess. 

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Yay for Friday!  I woke up early this morning and my first thought was how excited I am to be able to sleep in tomorrow.  My life revolves around sleep right now!  Big Smile

Nothing exciting from us last night.  I was sick, so H was on his own for dinner.  I don't understand how his male brain can think that putting his plate away = cleaning up, when he also used a saucepan, etc., to make his dinner, but whatevs.  We got a few shower/baby gifts delivered yesterday, which was really fun to come home to.  H's coworkers threw him a little shower on Tuesday and had things sent from BRU.  They got us the Snug a Bunny bouncer, among other things.  Have to PIP because it is ridiculously cute.  The little bunny ears appear to be worn by the behbeh when he's in the bouncer.

• Mush, that bouncer looks like the comfiest/cutest thing ever... and ick on not feeling well yesterday. Get some major rest this weekend.

Susie- I love.love.love that costume, and I am generally NOT a bought costume type person. That is way too cute though.

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Susie - is that a Sully from Monsters, Inc costume? Or just a general costume. Either way, WAY cute! 

I don't have much to add. I'm in a very strange mood today. I am in turns excited and bummed out about visiting my ILs, but these things are like "Food!" "No sleep!" "Italian Ice!" "Dog in my clean car!". Nothing to do with the ILs. 

Oh, I am excited because I got my special mason jars int he mail yesterday and can make tiny pies. I apologize if the link isn't clicky. I hate google chrome.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/09/single-serving-pie-in-a-jar/ 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Nom nom, now I want pie in a jar!  How cute.  Big Smile
  • image SusieQ1981:
    City - No you are not!  A bad mommy wouldn't have bothered calling the DW.  Iz will be extra excited to see you tonight!

Thanks!  This makes me feel better.  I sure will be extra excited to see her!!  =).

• image mushE:
    Nom nom, now I want pie in a jar!  How cute.  Big Smile

This!

• I thought it was a Sesame Street costume, but I could be wrong.

Mush - that bouncer is adorable.  At this moment I'm thinking that maybe we should work out a deal where I buy all of your baby stuff off you after Baby Mush outgrows it...

• I know, right, Laura!?!  I was so excited to hear that Moleson is having a boy, because I've bought waaaaaaaay too many clothes.  I figure I'll have an idea of how much a baby actually needs as we're going through it, so I can pass on the extra. 
  • image mushE:
    I know, right, Laura!?!  I was so excited to hear that Moleson is having a boy, because I've bought waaaaaaaay too many clothes.  I figure I'll have an idea of how much a baby actually needs as we're going through it, so I can pass on the extra. 

Sweet.  Set it aside and I will take it off your hands :)

If we have a girl I will have a shitton of stuff, since my aunt and uncle already said they would give us a bunch of my cousin's stuff and I'm pretty sure I could get some stuff from my co-workers who just had a baby.  But, TBH, that bouncy thing is cuter than what either of them have :)

• image LauraT25:

image mushE:
    I know, right, Laura!?!  I was so excited to hear that Moleson is having a boy, because I've bought waaaaaaaay too many clothes.  I figure I'll have an idea of how much a baby actually needs as we're going through it, so I can pass on the extra. 

Sweet.  Set it aside and I will take it off your hands :)

If we have a girl I will have a shitton of stuff, since my aunt and uncle already said they would give us a bunch of my cousin's stuff and I'm pretty sure I could get some stuff from my co-workers who just had a baby.  But, TBH, that bouncy thing is cuter than what either of them have :)

I know!  I am so in love with it.  I want the swing, too, but my BFFs cousin in law wants to give me her nearly new swing.  I was looking for excuses to turn it down, asking BFF if it plugs in, and swings side to side as well as back to front, and yes to all.