Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WWYD?

DH had a golf tournament at his former employer a couple months ago.  He paid via check.  He no longer works there.  He gets a call today saying that they lost his check and need him to send a new check in.  LOST his check.  The amount of the check is $120 and has not been cashed yet, however, I am not comfortable just turning around another check for $120 not knowing where the check got lost or how it got lost or who may have the check.

WWYD?  One suggestion to me was to send a check and deduct the stop payment fee for the lost check.  I may go that route, but it's really frustrating that a company has irresponsible people handling money and lost a check.  And that they expect him to just say okay and pay them back.  I get it, it's owed money, but it's not like we're talking a $5 check here.

Re: WWYD?

• I would definitely send them a new check minus the stop payment fee.  Maybe let them know in advance that's what you are doing, so they don't get things even more fouled up!
  • I don't know the details, but if a company can't eat that $120, they're in trouble. 

But otherwise, yeah, send them a check minus the stop payment fee with an explanation.  

Photobucket
    thanks to jennied :)

• image Teresa:

I don't know the details, but if a company can't eat that $120, they're in trouble. 

But otherwise, yeah, send them a check minus the stop payment fee with an explanation.  

THIS!

Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • Can he paypal the money? (Sorry, bad joke.)

I guess I'd do what the others said, but I would not be happy about it!

• image cracky!:

Can he paypal the money? (Sorry, bad joke.)

Ha ha, NOT that company.  ;)  And I am not happy about having to do a stop check!

• image luvjon:
    image cracky!:

Can he paypal the money? (Sorry, bad joke.)

Ha ha, NOT that company.  ;)  And I am not happy about having to do a stop check!

Dammit!  Then it was a really bad joke! 

I'm, honestly, shocked that they would call a former employee, months later, asking for money that he already paid.  GRRR!

• Honestly, I would tell them to get F'ing bent. You paid what you owed them. They can eat that check since they lost it.