Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

new bed??

Where did you buy your bed & what is it (traditional or memory foam). I think we are going to be buying a new on this weekend.

Re: new bed??

• NFM-silicone inside as opposed to springs-which we love because it stays cooler in the summer and you never have to worry about the springs going bad.  It's also memory foam, it was quite an investment but we LOVE it!
  • You should check out the sleep number beds....i made the mistake of going in there one day and letting them determine my number.... Our next bed is definitely going to be a sleep number. OMG. amazing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a Stearns and Foster. Dan got it when he worked at Slumberland in Fargo.  It's very luxurious.  It has a memory foam pillow top.  It's super heavy so we never flip it but it's been fine.

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • We have a regular pillow top mattress, but have added a 4" memory foam pad, and it is glorious!  We'll buy a memory foam next time for sure.  I am a side sleeper and sleep so much better now than I did before.  We got E a memory foam mattress too, but ordered it from Amazon.  It is a 10" foam and it was delivered in a huge roll.  It was a lot cheaper than NFM, and we are very happy with the quality.  It's firmer than our pad, but I am still comfortable when I fall asleep in bed with her.  
  • Doesn't NFM have a new bed that offers 50 month financing?  Must be a pricey one!  Edit: Oh yes, very pricey: http://nfm.com/default.aspx?Ntt=sertafreedelivery  Then again, I have no clue what beds go for!

I need a new bed too, but I'm afraid of getting something home and it not being a fit.  I hear lots of good things about the sleep number beds, but they are super pricey.

• We got this one in a King from NFM last summer: http://www.nfm.com/DetailsClubPage.aspx?ProductID=31561905&ClubID=128

We really should have done a sleep number or memory foam...I like a softer mattress and bought a 4" mf topper when I was pregnant. It's fine now, but I would splurge on something that works for both of you :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

• We bought this bed from NFM last year. They have an 8" 10" and 12". We absolutely love our bed! We got the 8" king memory foam for 800!! we have no complaints. http://nfm.com/DetailsClubPage.aspx?ProductID=29503851&ClubID=142
  • We bought a Tempurpedic from NFM earlier this year and I have grown to love it.  It's odd at first having always had a regular coil bed with a pillow top, but now it's glorious. 

I'm pretty sure most mattresses have a xx day money back guarantee (depending on the brand).  It really takes more than just a test ride at the store to know what really works.  

Photobucket
    thanks to jennied :)

• image Ashnkris:
    We bought this bed from NFM last year. They have an 8" 10" and 12". We absolutely love our bed! We got the 8" king memory foam for 800!! we have no complaints. http://nfm.com/DetailsClubPage.aspx?ProductID=29503851&ClubID=142

I believe this is the one we have, too (though can't remember what depth we ended up choosing) - I think it's made by Omaha Bedding or Berkshire?  Anyway, it's a Temper-Pedic knock-off.  Off of what Teresa said, I know it had a 30-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee.  It also comes with a guarantee that states if it dips in any place more than 3/4", they'll replace it (providing you buy this $90 cover for it - ha!). 

It is glorrrrrrious; I love it!   It is a firmer bed, but I definitely prefer firm to soft (that's what she said).

I'm sure you are, but just take C with and get a knowledgeable salesperson and test 'em out.  

• image cracky!:

image Ashnkris:
    We bought this bed from NFM last year. They have an 8" 10" and 12". We absolutely love our bed! We got the 8" king memory foam for 800!! we have no complaints. http://nfm.com/DetailsClubPage.aspx?ProductID=29503851&ClubID=142

I believe this is the one we have, too (though can't remember what depth we ended up choosing) - I think it's made by Omaha Bedding or Berkshire?  Anyway, it's a Temper-Pedic knock-off.  Off of what Teresa said, I know it had a 30-day, no questions asked, money-back guarantee.  It also comes with a guarantee that states if it dips in any place more than 3/4", they'll replace it (providing you buy this $90 cover for it - ha!). 

It is glorrrrrrious; I love it!   It is a firmer bed, but I definitely prefer firm to soft (that's what she said).

I'm sure you are, but just take C with and get a knowledgeable salesperson and test 'em out.  

Keep it clean at the Mart.  Geez.

• image luvjon:
    image cracky!:

image Ashnkris:

Keep it clean at the Mart.  Geez.

Hey, it was the salesman who, when I walked away to look at something else, told my husband how "different" the sex would be on the memory foam bed!  

Um, thanks guy?  HA!

• Ours is made by Chicago Bedding, I believe. It's a king innerspring w/ a 4" memory foam topper on it. Pretty comfy. It does retain heat though. In the summer, we just put higher count sheets on it so it doesn't "breathe." In the winter, we will put the cheapy ones on it again.

$499 at Kush's. 

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• image MommyofAlissa:

Ours is made by Chicago Bedding, I believe. It's a king innerspring w/ a 4" memory foam topper on it. Pretty comfy. It does retain heat though. In the summer, we just put higher count sheets on it so it doesn't "breathe." In the winter, we will put the cheapy ones on it again.

$499 at Kush's. 

Changing the sheet quality works like that??  The tempurpedic retains heat, too, but that's a great tip!!  Thanks!

Photobucket
    thanks to jennied :)

• image Teresa:
    image MommyofAlissa:

Ours is made by Chicago Bedding, I believe. It's a king innerspring w/ a 4" memory foam topper on it. Pretty comfy. It does retain heat though. In the summer, we just put higher count sheets on it so it doesn't "breathe." In the winter, we will put the cheapy ones on it again.

$499 at Kush's. 

Changing the sheet quality works like that??  The tempurpedic retains heat, too, but that's a great tip!!  Thanks!

Yup, the lower the thread count, the more air gets to the mattress. The down side is that it will be firmer because the heat from your body won't be able to reach the foam as easy.

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean