Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Best lunch place at Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

Okay, so DH and I are going to Disney World this weekend! We already have dinner reservations for Coral Reef Restaurant on Saturday night which we are super excited about!

I'd really like to do something a bit nicer/more fun for lunch other than the usual grab and go items. We will be at Hollywood Studios around lunchtime on Saturday and Magic Kingdom around lunchtime Sunday. If you have any recs for Animal Kingdom I'd appreciate those too!

So lets hear your favorites! Thanks in advance! :) :)

Re: Best lunch place at Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

• Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Cafe or Sci Fi Drive In Theater

Magic Kingdom - Tony's Town Square

Animal Kingdom - Yak & Yeti

All of these places require reservations (esp. Sci Fi). Have fun! 

• 50s Prime Time at DHS (need reservation)

Liberty Tree Tavern at MK (need reservation) or Columbia Harbor House (don't need reservation. Its a counter service restaurant, but a really nice one with better food options and lots of nice areas to sit).

ETA: We've never done a sit down restaurant at Animal Kingdom. We always end up at Pizzafari so I'm not much help there Smile

BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Animal Kingdom - I second Yak and Yeti. We had dinner there and it was great.
  • Hollywood Studios: Hollywood Brown Derby (sit-down) or Hollywood and Vine (buffet).

Magic Kingdom- Cinderella's Royal Table (in the castle) or the Crystal Palace

Animal Kingdom- I've only eaten a sit-down meal at Tusker House and that was breakfast, so I'm not sure about other sit-down places there.

Pipe down, you had your chance!

• I rarely do sit down meals since we are local and just visit for the day (can't jusify the cost) but as for counter service at MK my favorite is the taco salad from Peco Bills.  At MGM I don't really have a favorite.  Animal Kingdom I also did counter service at the place outside Yak & Yetti or the Flame Tree BBQ.
  • Seconding some of the posts above.  If you can get reservations:

Magic Kingdom - Tony's Town Square
    Hollywood Studios - 50's Prime Time Cafe

If not, Columbia Harbor House at MK.

• Hollywood Studios - 50s Prime Time Cafe or Sci-Fi Drive In

Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's Town Square

Reservations strongly encouraged. 

• Thanks everyone. Reservations at Tony's! :)
  • DHS: Mama Melrose is my favorite

MK: I skip table service here

AK: Tusker House was fantastic for lunch