Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Resturants in Lincoln

DH and I will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary next Friday and have the night free of kids! Woo Hoo! We would like to go somewhere to eat that we have not been so I am in need of some suggestions. What is your favorite resturant in Lincoln? I'm open to any suggestions on something we could do afterward as well, anything except seeing a movie. TIA!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Resturants in Lincoln

• Granite City is good. Also if you want to try Thai food Blue Orchid is a really good place.
  • Restaurants:

Green Gateau

Venue

Blue Orchid (I've never had this but lots of my friends LOVE it)

Showguns

Misty's

Vincenzo's

Things to do:

It's not really romantic, but if you're Husker fans at all, go down to SideTracks.  The night before the first Husker game is always a good time. 

or I think there's a piano bar below Brewsky's in the Haymarket (??).  Again, I've never been to this one, but we always have a good time at the one in Omaha.

Or you could pretend you're 21 again and go downtown to the college bars and make fun of all the actual 21 year olds.  And then feel glad you have your husband and don't have to deal with this scene anymore.

Otherwise if you want to avoid downtown, go mini-golfing.  Or see what hours James Arthur Vineyards are open and head out there. 

Have fun!!!

• I love JTK...they used to have a date night menu where you get apps, main dish, dessert and a bottle of wine for $50. Not sure if they do it anymore?

I saw this place down there the other day.... it looks fun and I've heard that this new gastropub thing is pretty cool. 

http://www.brixandstonegastropub.com/#!the-menu

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Venue

Also, if you're looking for good Mexican but not too fancy, I also love La Paz

Taste in the HayMarket is also good stuff

• image Amy&Andy:

I love JTK...they used to have a date night menu where you get apps, main dish, dessert and a bottle of wine for $50. Not sure if they do it anymore?

I saw this place down there the other day.... it looks fun and I've heard that this new gastropub thing is pretty cool. 

http://www.brixandstonegastropub.com/#!the-menu

I was going to ask you what that place was again! :) I thought about doing Blue Orchid again but I really want to go some place new that I wouldn't normally get J to go to. LOL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Venue, Blue Orchid...if you like greek food, Parthenon is FANTASTIC!!!!  Also, my parents went to a newer restaurant by village pointe called Crave (NOT the same as the Crave here in omaha).

If you're into music...I always love going to the zoo bar!  

Have fun :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you like Indian?   The Oven downtown has great food and a nice, cozy atmosphere.