Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll: Concerts

Since it is soooo boring today I thought I'd do a poll.

1.  First concert you went to and age:

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:

Re: Poll: Concerts

• 1.  First concert you went to and age:  I was a freshman in college at UNK (so 18/19?), but I can't remeber who it was - some group that was semi-popular at the time came and played at UNK

EDIT:  It was Vertical Horizon and  Five for Fighting

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:  Most recent concert I went to was Dave Matthews at Wrigley Field last September.  So freaking cool.  We were down on the field and the closest to the stage any of us had ever been

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:  I've seen Dave enough that I don't think I'd say him anymore, and he's really the only one I'd pay to see.  So I'll say U2 for my hubby.

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:  My first Dave concert - West Troy, WI I think...

• I <3 concerts. I've been to over 100 concerts in my many years. 

1.  First concert you went to and age:   INXS at age 13.  They were my first love.

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:  Nothing.  I'm bummed. 

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:  Almost anyone if money wasn't an object.  Sting/Police (again), Kid Rock (again), DMB (for the 15th time), George Strait (again, you get the picture).  I was trying to think of someone I haven't seen that I would like to and came up blank. 

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:  Chicago a few times for DMB. And to KC and Des Moines a few times. Dave is my current love for a concert going experience. 

Photobucket
    thanks to jennied :)

• image LindsaymR:

1.  First concert you went to and age: No Doubt, 16

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: Daughtry in Norfolk on Sunday!!

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see: NKOTB, duh! But topping my list of people I haven't seen would probably be Eminem.

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:Hammond, IN for a NKOTB concert last summer.

photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• 1.First concert you went to and age: Color Me Badd (your jealous I know) and I think I was 12 or 13.

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: Most recent was Day 26 (Diddy's making the band group). I took my niece and her friend to it at Millard West I think...as for a real concert, I think it was Red,White & Boom in KC. It had Blue October, David Cook and a couple more people there. 

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see: Eminem because I'm in love with him. After that I would probably just see anyone and everyone since I wouldnt care how much the tickets cost. 

4. How far have you traveled for a concert: KC to see Usher & Kanye West for the College Dropout Tour

TheHaganDirt
    Married: 07.02.05
    Rilyn: 10.19.05
    Xavier: 09.21.11
  • 1.First concert you went to and age: TLC, I was in 6th grade, so I was 11... it was one of my friends' birthday and her parents got us all tickets- best birthday party ever!

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: most recent was Zac Brown Band at the Red Sky Music Festival, the next one I have tickets to is Katy Perry in September

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see: I would loveLOVElove to see Dave Matthews Band at Red Rocks

4. How far have you traveled for a concert: KC, to see Dave Matthews Band at an outdoor show

• image LindsaymR:

1.  First concert you went to and age: NKOTB in 5th grade at Fiddler's Green in Denver. I was super stoked to go!

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: We saw Dierks at Stir last fall and before that we went to Fan Fair in Nashville. That was pretty sweet. No upcoming tickets.

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see: Hmmm...I always have a good time seeing Kenny Chesney - so maybe one of his big stadium shows?

4. How far have you traveled for a concert: Nashville :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

• image LindsaymR:

1.  First concert you went to and age:NSYNC, I was pry 12 or so - whenever their first tour was at Civic

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:Saw Usher in May and seeing Ke$ha tomorrow night at MAC

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:Eminem, Rhianna

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:Just Omaha

• image katie00224:
    image LindsaymR:

1.  First concert you went to and age: NKOTB in 5th grade at Fiddler's Green in Denver. I was super stoked to go!

I was there too! And it was my first concert.

1. Same as above.

2. Dh and I went to see Journey when they were here in July.

3. I would love to see Pat Benatar- but I would want to take Maren.

4. Not very.

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • Great idea for a poll!

NKOTB and Tiffany at the Nebraska State Fair- 6th Grade

Last show was Zac Brown Band, and prior to that AC/DC

I don't even know where to begin, I would just go to every concert that came to Omaha that I wanted to!  (which would be most of them)

KC- Pearl Jam, DMB, Tom Petty, Counting Crowes-I can't even remember all the shows I used to go to KC for!  It was more back when Omaha didn't get anything good because we didn't have the Qwest center yet...

• 1.  First concert you went to and age:

Pearl Jam in KC the summer after my senior year.

Katy Perry is the one I have coming up...I haven't been to a concert in a while.  I don't remember the last one I went to -- it was at the Qwest...

I really wouldn't care...

KC

Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1.  First concert you went to and age:  Michael Bolton.  I was 8 and went with my mom and sister.  SO embarassing  Embarrassed

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:  DH and I went and saw Nickelback last year.  We don't get out much. Ha

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:  I have no idea!

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:  Memphis, TN to see Tim McGraw....it was Spring Break my junior year of college

• image CountingOnMe:

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:  DH and I went and saw Nickelback last year.  We don't get out much. Ha

Obviously my brain is fried and I misread this question.  We don't have tickets to anything coming up.  Boo

• Since it is soooo boring today I thought I'd do a poll.

1.  First concert you went to and age: I went to Mannheim Steamrollers when I was a kid (Maybe middle schoolish). 

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: We haven't been to a concert in forever. My husband got me tickets to Brooks and Dunn fair well tour and it got cancelled. 

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see: If I could go back in time I would love to see Sublime in concert. My husband was at one of their very last concerts in Denver and I am sooo jealous. Even though he said it was a horrible concert! 

4. How far have you traveled for a concert: When DH and I were first dating he was living in Phoenix and I went down there and visited and he bought me tickets to see Gwen Steffani and Black Eyed Peas 

• image LindsaymR:

Aerosmith at 14.  I crowd-surfed.  LOL!  

I went to Train last fall at Stir.  I like them anyway, but it was, surprisingly, a really good show (could've been the beer talkin'; I dunno.).

DMB on the Columbia River Gorge (Portland, OR).  

Chicago for Farm Aid.

• 1.  First concert you went to and age: I think it was the Mac and cheese concert at Aksarben- Lori Morgan, Pam Tillis and Carlene Carter.  I was 16 or 17.

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to:  I saw Cher a couple years ago, great concert.  Sting and Eric Clapton put on great concerts too.  Another good one is Joe Bonamassa, especially if you like the blues.

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:  Jewel or Katy Perry or Allison Krause or Selena Gomez.  I am too cheap to buy tickets.

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:  Lincoln to see a blues band at the Rococo Theater.

• image RugbyBride:
    image katie00224:
    image LindsaymR:
    1. First concert you went to and age: NKOTB in 5th grade at Fiddler's Green in Denver. I was super stoked to go!
    I was there too! And it was my first concert.
    Serious? Love it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Yes! I grew up about 10 minutes from Fiddler's. 4 of my friends worked there in HS and we used to sneak into concerts. I guess it isn't called Fiddler's anymore.

I miss Red Rocks though...

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • image LindsaymR:

1.  First concert you went to and age: Skid Row and Soundgarden, 15 years old. Snuck out the back door, jumped the fence, and ran like hell to my friend's car since my parents said I couldn't go. lol! Was scared sh!tless to walk in looking like a rock video hoochie at 11pm. 

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: Girl Talk!! Woo hooooo!! So totally stoked!

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see: Hmm. Not sure. Maybe Jay Z & Kanye together, with a little Beyonce on the side. 

4. How far have you traveled for a concert: Drove to Dubuque, IA to see Nirvana when I was 17. Another incident of sneaking to go. Missed my ACTs the next morning. Oops!

• 1.  First concert you went to and age: - Vanilla Ice!  LOL!  12 I think?

2. Most recent concert/upcoming show you have tickets to: Debbie Gibson/Tiffany at Stir a few weeks ago..had tix to Meatloaf too, but gave them away.

3. If money wasn't an option, who would you love to see:  Not sure...

4. How far have you traveled for a concert:  I don't think I've gone anywhere out of O for one that I can think of.....Lincoln.  :)

• image RugbyBride:

Yes! I grew up about 10 minutes from Fiddler's. 4 of my friends worked there in HS and we used to sneak into concerts. I guess it isn't called Fiddler's anymore.

I miss Red Rocks though...

I grew up about 15mins from there and used to work as part of the Emergency Medical team. Pretty much the best summer side job ever. We saw some great concerts - free! I miss RR too. We are going "home" in a couple of weeks for a wedding and I can't wait!

Follow Me on Pinterest