Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Favors for older kids

Jack's having a train b-day party and I got little engineer hats, bandanas and a train whistle for each kiddo under, say, the age of 5-6.  (I'm thinking kids older than that won't like or use the items if I get the same favors for them.)

I don't want to leave out the older kids (mostly cousins or friends' kids), but what could I get them as a little party favor - possibly relating to trains? 

Re: Favors for older kids

• How much older? What about train hats? Like conductor hats? Or little train piggy banks? 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image rachjim:
    How much older? What about train hats? Like conductor hats? Or little train piggy banks? 

Jack's turning 3 so I'm focusing more on that age group as far as the party goes with the favors and activities.  

There will be other children ranging from 6 - 12 (and older, but I'm not worried about the teens) there.  

• For the girls' last party, I didn't really stick with the theme for the older kids.  I got some old school Slinky's, Silly Putty, cool pens and notepads, etc.

Just something that wasn't too overly expensive.

• That's what I usually end up doing. With our 6 y.o. party last year, I did Skelanimals tattoos. That was a hit. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like to give cakepops as favors! :-)
    ♥ Married my best friend 3/17/04 | Jameson 3/26/08 | Delilah 2/15/10 | Baby Elmo EDD 8/3/12 ♥