Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What vacuum do you recommend?

My husband feels that we should get a Miele vacuum but they seems be very pricey and I can't swallow spending hundreds on a vacuum.  We have mostly hardwood floors in our house and one shedding cat so we need something that can accomodate both of those needs.  We don't have any kids at the moment, but hopefully will in the future, and wants something that would be efficient enough to keep up the cleaniness. We are also concerned about the air quality for potential allergic visitors.

Re: What vacuum do you recommend?

• Shark makes a hardwood vacuum/steam cleaner. we have all hardwood and I use it daily. about $70.00 and is quick and easy! also invest in a dustbuster!

dare i say dyson? :) next on my list!

• Check Kohls online... we got a dyson animal on sale and with coupons for like $200.  I would have never spent the original amount of money, but the sales are worth looking into.
  • We bought the Hoover WindTunnel HEPA vacuum from Best Buy since my DH gets the rewards for his card. The best vacuum by far. It's got uber suction, stays nice, and it's so easy to clean I wish we had bought this first before the Shark, because that one broke and stopped sucking after a few months and the customer service was awful. My advice is got to Best Buy or somewhere where you can actually test out the vacuums they have.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Dyson animal all the way. We have 2 cats, 2 dogs and I have horrible allergies. My mother-in-law got it for us for Xmas (to ease my suffering). I LOVE it. I bragged about it to my mom (who is THE most anal cleaner that I know) and she was so impressed by it too that she got her own. It's very user friendly and a worthy investment. And you can use it to vaccuum your hardwood. Big Smile

If you need something extra for airquality. Get yourself an ionic air purifier. I plan on upgrading one day when we can afford it and after doing more research. Until then, I am happy with the one I have. We have the Ionic Pro Turbo, it does make the quality of the air feel cleaner and I can tell when it's not on. The one that I have isn't the best, but it does make my life so much easier and I can tell when it's not on. We have the ionic pro. I'd like to upgrade to something better one day.

Oh and be sure to change your AC filters monthly. That's all I can think of. Good luck.

• I'm a Dyson Girl all the way. I've had it for 3 years and nothing has one wrong. I have the up-right with the ball for Animals. Cleans the air and gets all the animal hair out. You'll have to make sure it come with the hardwood floor attachments.
    Anniversary
  • image HPickle23:
    Hoover WindTunnel HEPA vacuum

This is what we have, only we got ours at Target.  It works great on bare floors and carpeting.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Jim & Kristen ~ August 19, 2006
    Follow Me on Pinterest