Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

cleaning kitchen floor grout

I looked through the last few pages hope I didn't miss a post about this-

What's the best method for cleaning neglected beige grout (15 years old?) on the kitchen floor.  It's probably just very very dirty as opposed to a situation in shower where it might be mildew or soap scum.  Anything I should stay away from?  Once I see how clean it actually gets I can look into sealing it

I do have a steam cleaner I haven't tried

Re: cleaning kitchen floor grout

• We bought some sort of grout cleaner at Lowe's, sprayed the grout, and then scrubbed the crap out of it.  It wasn't fun, but looked SO much better when we were done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MIL told us to put baking soda in the grout, pour vinegar on top it and then scrub it with a grout brush.  It works great!
  • We bought a Shark Pocket Steamer (looks like a tea kettle) to use for the grout at my work.  It works PHENOMENAL!  I hardly had to scrub at all.  I PPH that machine!  Some of the other attachments didn't do jack that they were supposed to do.  However, for grout, it's great!
    [center][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/dokis5.jpg[/IMG][/center]