Crafts
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*****Justinlove*****

I saw THIS in your blog and would love to make one for DS1 (we have jumbo pads of paper and generally will just draw something similar but the paper rips so easily).  Do you have a tutorial or know where to find one?

Also, I've wondered, is your SN "just in love" or "Justin love"?

Re: *****Justinlove*****

• It's a play on words in a way.  I am Just In Love with Justin :)  So it can go either way.  Cheesy I know LOL!

You don't need a tutorial for the playmat.  It is sooooo easy.  You just need to purchase a car panel.  I bought mine from one of my favorite etsy sellers, Lucky Kaeru Fabric.

This is the one I used (and actually bought another one this summer to make one for LA this Christmas) 

I also saw this one this morning when I went to find the link for you.

You also need a yard of a backing fabric.  I couldn't find the one used for the first one I made, but any fabric will work.

Finally, you need some cotton batting to sandwich between the two fabrics since you are essentially making a quilt.

I used clear thead to sew around all the streets and houses to "quilt" the mat together.  Then, I made some bias tape, but you could use premade to bind the mat together.  I added a black hairband BEFORE I bound it to create the loop for the button closure.  I hope that makes sense.

It is easy to do.  I'm sure your son will like it if you decide make it.

Crafts for Lily
    My Valentine Bookends (2~13~13, 2~15~09)
  • Great, for some reason I assumed you piece everything together (didn't know it was a panel).
  • ::butting in::

On the Go by Jill Webster is the name of the line.  I bought it from this website. They have the rest of the fabrics that go with the line.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Butting in...

Justinlove, that etsy seller is fantastic!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker