International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Grocery Delivery

Does anyone in the UK do this, what's your experience been like? Do you have a store you recommend?  Do you have any money saving tips for this?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Grocery Delivery

• I've used Ocado for the past 6 years and probably always will! I only know it's been that long b/c they just sent me a free bottle of wine which they do on your yearly anniversary.

I love them b/c their system does a stock check to make sure your item is in stock before you check out and they let you know how long each item should last- this helps with things like bread that go off quickly and I'll often choose the only which will last the longest.

They recently started price matching Tesco so a lot of items will say if they cost the same.

If you want to shop with them PM me your email b/c if I recommend someone from inside the system they will send you a voucher to use. 

• We've also been using Ocado for the past two years - although we've never gotten a free bottle of wine, so not sure what's up with that??!  Overall, we've been happy with them.   

Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
  • I get my groceries delivered from Asda.  I have had a great experience with them.  Their website is easy to use (Tesco's website is a PITA!) and if I have ever had a problem with my order they have always been super fast to fix it.  A couple days ago my delivery came and a few of my eggs were broke.  I e-mailed them and within 24 hours I was fully refunded.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We get ours from both Ocado and Sainsburys and love both of them.  We also get food delivered almost every week by Abel & Cole, who are amazing!
    I like pineapples...they make life just so much more interesting.
  • image sushisamba:

We've also been using Ocado for the past two years - although we've never gotten a free bottle of wine, so not sure what's up with that??!  Overall, we've been happy with them.   

you need to let them know! It's normally a code they email you and then you add it as a voucher and the wine shows up. Everyone needs free wine.

• We have ours delivered from Tesco.  We have no issues with getting money back for broken items or once when the delivery was late.
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • I get a weekly delivery of veg and milk from Abel and Cole. Highly recommend them.

I have used both Asda and Tesco's. I personally prefer Tesco's after Asda messed up a few too many times for my liking, but I always go through My Supermarket as they compare prices so you can see who is giving you the best deal and their website is easy. Also don't forget to use Topcashback (there is a referal link on that link, in case you join) or Quidco to get money back. Tesco's and Waitrose/Ocado always have voucher codes around to use to get money off your first shop.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have Sainsbury's deliver most of the time, and I've been extremely happy with them. The quality of their produce is much better than in the stores, which makes me happy. We've also saved quite a lot of money by having groceries delivered--both by taking advantage of the deals and by eating at home more often.

I've been toying with Ocado, as I have a ?15 off my first shop voucher, but you have to spend ?75 with them and only ?40 with Sainsbury's, so I'll have to shop strategically with Ocado.

Previously, like a couple of others, I had a delivery from Abel and Cole, and I really enjoyed that. 

• I've done it a couple times but was never super thrilled. Sainsbury's gives us about a million plastic bags which I hate and I had a few bad experiences with the produce from Tesco's. I have ordered a couple times from Tesco's since they'll do bagless delivery.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks, Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks
  • image ooolalalolo:

I've been toying with Ocado, as I have a ?15 off my first shop voucher, but you have to spend ?75 with them and only ?40 with Sainsbury's, so I'll have to shop strategically with Ocado.

I believe ?75 is the minimum in order to get the cheapest delivery price, but the minimum to just place an order is ?40 with Ocado as well.

Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
  • image sushisamba:
    image ooolalalolo:

I believe ?75 is the minimum in order to get the cheapest delivery price, but the minimum to just place an order is ?40 with Ocado as well.

The delivery cost for Sainsbury's mid-week is ?3.50 for a ?40 order. The same one with Ocado is ?6.50. Yeah, it's only ?3, but it's been enough of a psychological barrier to prevent me from trying Ocado...so far.