Pets
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Salty is gone

Y'all might remember that this last week I was on a beach vacation and took Salty with me. Well last night we stopped in Orlando and today we went to Universal. My dad got home before me and tried to take Salty potty. Well the leash was accidentally hooked wrong and he got away from my dad and grandmama. Some of you may remember from when I was a frequent poster here that Salty has high stranger anxiety and is on Prozac. Well, needless to say he freaked out and ran as far away as he could. We're at a camp ground on a busy road and he was last sighted over a mile away hours ago. I don't see how he could make his way back to the camp ground, our best bet is that he'll get picked up and I'll be called because of his chip and his collar, but to be completely honest, I'm not hold my breath. I live over 6 hours away and my heart is broken, but I'm going to have to go home. I've called the sherrifs and they have his and my info. Animal control in this county is not open until Monday and even if they got a call about a stray dog they dont see that as an emergency so they would not go out and pick him up. I just have this gut feeling that this is it. I've tried to do everything right by him and he never truly made a lot of improvement, he only functioned well with me. Please pray or whatever you do for me and Salty. We are going to keep looking for him until tomorrow, but we will have to leave. If I get a call I will high tail it back here in a heartbeat, but I feel like staying is just going to give me false hope and set me up for more heartbreak. Like I said, I just really have a gut feeling that this is it. Please send t&ps our way. (sorry no paragraphs, I'm on my phone).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Salty is gone

• I am so sorry.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Oh no. I am so sorry.  i would be beside myself and unable to function.  I will pray that Salty finds his way back to you before you head home.
  • Oh my gosh Lanerbell, I'm just sick reading this. I cannot imagine what you're going through and will be sending all of the great thoughts, prayers, juju, dust, etc. that I can muster up. Crying
  • Oh my Gosh LB I am soo soo sorry!! I hope that they are able to find him. Thank god he is chipped, that gives him a distinct advantage. Have you posted flyers or tried putting an ad up on the local craigslist there? I would also put in a call to local vets if you can. Don't give up hope, there is always hope. Lots of T, P and find me dust sent to Salty and you *hugs*.

[IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af289/HollyWalter/DSCF0058-1-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Oh wow...this is rough. I am sorry.
  • I'm so sorry.  Lots of tpj that he is found safe soon.
  • Oh I am so sorry :(  I will pray that Salty's makes it home safely
    Visit The Nest!
  • I am so sorry to hear that. T&P.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Praying you find him!!
    [IMG]http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b439/agirlintheforest/tyson021-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • My thoughts are with you.  I would try to find the number of the nearest vet er clinic and let them know that he's missing.  Also, call your chip company and notify them he is missing.  I Know homeagain will fax blast all of the local shelters and vets.
  • image New&Improved Mrs.Wyman:
    My thoughts are with you.  I would try to find the number of the nearest vet er clinic and let them know that he's missing.  Also, call your chip company and notify them he is missing.  I Know homeagain will fax blast all of the local shelters and vets.

This!

I am just so sorry. I can not imagine how heartbroken you are and I am praying he turns up.

• I am so sorry. I have my fingers crossed for his safe return.
  • Oh LB, I am so very sorry.  My heart is breaking this morning reading this. 

I sincerely hope that Salty finds his way to someone safe and sound and you are able to get him home.  Having an anxiety prozac dog (not as bad as Salty), I understand your fears. 

We are thinking of you and Salty and hoping for happy ending.  ((hugs))

• image New&Improved Mrs.Wyman:
    My thoughts are with you.  I would try to find the number of the nearest vet er clinic and let them know that he's missing.  Also, call your chip company and notify them he is missing.  I Know homeagain will fax blast all of the local shelters and vets.
    Thank you, I just notified Avid and they have a database that they send the info to. I call the nearest e-vet last night. I'll get someone to call again because Ive completely lost my voice. Thanks for the t&p's everyone. I really need them.
  • KaieneKaiene member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    I am so sorry. Sending T&P for Salty's return.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lots of T&Ps for Salty's happy homecoming.

Please keep us updated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just emailed his pic and info to the local vets and called the e-vet. I did a craigslist ad and an ad on the local Orlando lost dogs forum. We just drove around again and in the day light it's even more disheartening. This area is so commercial and vast, there's just anywhere he could be and we've searched as much as we can in the direction he went. When I get home I'm going to fax a flier to the shelters, vets, and animal services. We have to leave soon. Thanks for the support again everyone. I know we'll get through this no matter what happens.
  • I'm so SO sorry. What part of Orlando were you in? I know we have pesties in the area, and my big from my sorority and a few of my classmates moved down there. 

If you think anyone I know could be helpful, PLEASE don't hesitate to PM me!  

• Oh no!  So sorry to hear this. T&P that Salty will find his way back to you safely. ((HUGS))
    [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/20f3s7k.jpg width="324", height="216"[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2lwrxqo.jpgwidth="324", height="216"[/IMG]
  • I am so sorry! I will be thinking of you and Salty.
    CafeMom Tickers

the blog

Partner to J | 02.15.05 <3
    Mommy to C | 02.18.09 <3
  • I am so sorry, sending tons and tons of T&P your way.
  • omg that is terrible :(  hopefully they will find him in a few days.  i see that he has a microchip.  if you have Home Again they send out an email to everyone in the area registered that says that he is lost.  I have actually gone out looking for a dog I didn't even know.
  • I'm so sorry Lanerbell.Crying Salty will be in my prayers.

• Oh no, I'm so sorry.  I hope you can find him.  Many good thoughts.
    My sweet boy
    imageimage
  • I am so so sorry! Praying for Salty and that he's found safely and returned to you!! I second putting up a craigslist ad and faxing his info to as many area vets as you can!
    image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so so sorry! Lots and lots of prayers that Salty returns home safely.

Just another thought - I'd send out flyers with his picture to as many local stores as possible. Many of them have bulletin boards and may be willing to post the flyer. I'd contact the local Petco/Petsmart especially.

• My heart is breaking for you.  Big T & P that Salty will return to you safely!
  • Oh no, T&Ps to you and Salty!
  • I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what you're going through :(  Lots of thoughts that Salty somehow manages to find his way back to you...
    "When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money." - Cree teaching
  • I am so,so sorry. I am sending tons of T&P for Salty's safe return!
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/344qmir.jpg[/IMG]