June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**Jenn** re: twins birth

Check out this video. Amazing, and quite empowering. I thought you might like it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-wULAaD50

Re: **Jenn** re: twins birth

• Awesome! Sharing this with my doula ladies. :-)

I sent our local homebirth midwife the question about birthing monochorionic twins vaginally? I'll let you know when she writes back. I have a feeling she's going to say it's absolutley possible!!! Especially since you are preparing yourself so well. :-)

Neena Mae. 1/7/10
    "A baby nursing at a mother's breast is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature." - David Suzuki
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm curious to see what my doctor has to say this week. I'll have another u/s on the 9th to confirm mo/di... we'll see!
  • I'm going to butt in...  Please, please, from a girl who just spend 8 weeks in the DR/NICU, do not do a twin home birth.  I wasn't in this delivery, but this month we had a twin pregnancy that the first came out fine, the second had a prolapsed cord and the only reason the baby survived is because they could do a stat c-section.

I don't know if you're twins are mono-mono...being they also share the same placenta, only about 1% of twins, but if they are, they are at even higher risk because their cords could entangle and cut the blood supply off to the other.  I don't want to scare you, but the fact of the matter, I see scary crap all of the time and the only reason the babies survive is because they're in the hospital and can get IMMEDIATE medical care.

image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • Oh heck no! I wouldn't even be comfortable having a singleton at home, no worries.

I just want the option to have a vaginal birth, that's it. ;) 

Thanks for your input though, I do appreciate it!!!

• image TeacherTiff:

Oh heck no! I wouldn't even be comfortable having a singleton at home, no worries.

I just want the option to have a vaginal birth, that's it. ;) 

Thanks for your input though, I do appreciate it!!!

And, I should add that I ddin't write the homebirth midwife to ask her opinion on homebirthing mo/di twins, just vaginally birthing them. She's a very knowledgable woman so I'm very excited to see what she has to say.

However, I don't see anything wrong with a woman who is carrying twins to have a homebirth if she is taking all precautions and not going about it stupidly. Homebirth midwives are not ignorant and irresponsible people and I trust that they would never put a woman or her babies in harms way just so they can have a homebirth. Every homebirth midwife I have met has a great amount of respect for medical intervention and they are very aware of when it is necessary to have that intervention.

Neena Mae. 1/7/10
    "A baby nursing at a mother's breast is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature." - David Suzuki
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't think you thought I wanted a home birth... we're on the same page. :)

One of my photography clients just had a home birth and loved it. I think they're great for the right person. For me, I had too many complications before/after with Nolan so I know it would never be the right choice for me.