Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Q for dog owners

Can you help me understand why some dog owners refuse to clean up after their dogs?  I got home from my morning walk with the baby and had to clean dog sh** off of the stroller wheel.  I was only on sidewalks and in the park - not off in the bushes where someone might understandably leave it.

This is on top of constantly finding dog poop in our parking area (despite signs asking people to clean up after their dogs AND a stand with bags and trash can 10 feet away).  I just don't understand why it's so hard to clean up after your dog - please enlighten me!

Baby K ~ born July 1

Re: Q for dog owners

• I wish I knew the answer. We have a lot of dog owners in our neighborhood who refuse to pick up after their dogs, and it's so irritating. We have "pick up stations" all over the neighborhood. We really couldn't make it any easier, yet people still won't do it. It makes me so mad, especially since I always pick up after my dogs.
  • This pisses me off royally.  One day someone's dog pooped on the sidewalk right behind our mailbox and they just left it.  Being the b*tch that I am I put a sign on my mailbox with an arrow pointing down stating that it was not my resposibility to clean up after rude dog owners and I just left the pile there til the rain finally took it away. 

I get irritated at the dog park when people just sit there and watch their dog poop and don't go clean it up.  If you own a dog and you let walk/play in public placs, it's your responsibilty to clean up after it. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As a dog owner, for some reason this question rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what you expect to hear as an answer.
  • image MrsD2006:
    As a dog owner, for some reason this question rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what you expect to hear as an answer.

Why does it rub you the wrong way? I assume the OP was just venting? I agree with her. If I can pick up being my dog while gagging from the smell surely others can do the same.  I am also upset at the notion of people not picking up after their dogs knowing if a dog has parasites, they can be spread by feces.

"HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue
  • image MeredithE:

image MrsD2006:
    As a dog owner, for some reason this question rubs me the wrong way. I don't know what you expect to hear as an answer.

Why does it rub you the wrong way? I assume the OP was just venting? I agree with her. If I can pick up being my dog while gagging from the smell surely others can do the same.  I am also upset at the notion of people not picking up after their dogs knowing if a dog has parasites, they can be spread by feces.

I was venting, but I'd also truly like to understand why people don't clean up after their dogs - maybe if I knew why, I could do something to get them to clean up after their dog in my yard.

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • image tgirl613:
    image MeredithE:

image MrsD2006:

I was venting, but I'd also truly like to understand why people don't clean up after their dogs - maybe if I knew why, I could do something to get them to clean up after their dog in my yard.

People who don't clean up after their dogs are rude, selfish, a*holes.  It's a personality trait and I doubt there is anything you could do to change them. 

Not all dog owners are this way though. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image UGADawg8:
    image tgirl613:
    image MeredithE:

image MrsD2006:

People who don't clean up after their dogs are rude, selfish, a*holes.  It's a personality trait and I doubt there is anything you could do to change them. 

Not all dog owners are this way though. 

Agreed and agreed.  I just wish I could get the good kind to be the ones who live around us!

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • Flammable here - Hoss always poops in the backyard, so when I walk him I don't take baggies with me. Of course, one time he decides to drop a deuce while on a walk, and I was horrified. I tried to get him to stop and come home, but he needed to go. I was mortified and prayed that the owners weren't looking out their window. After we got home I was going to go back to pick it up, but it started to rain so I just left it. Of course, this is a one time occurrence. If he was pooping all the time I would definitely have bags.

My a$$hole next door neighbors have this curly little brown dog that they let run loose without supervision, and she runs over into my yard to poop, and when I go to stop her she charges me. I asked the neighbor nicely to please keep her in their yard, and I haven't had issues since. If I do, you better believe I will call animal control to come get her. I'm so sick of her.

• image PuppiesAndRainbows:

Flammable here - Hoss always poops in the backyard, so when I walk him I don't take baggies with me. Of course, one time he decides to drop a deuce while on a walk, and I was horrified. I tried to get him to stop and come home, but he needed to go. I was mortified and prayed that the owners weren't looking out their window. After we got home I was going to go back to pick it up, but it started to rain so I just left it. Of course, this is a one time occurrence. If he was pooping all the time I would definitely have bags.

I have been there. I always make Des poop before taking her around the park, and take a baggy with me just in-case she has to go yet again. Once she went twice Indifferent . We buried the poop. 

"HOW many US citizens and ranchers have been decapitated in Arizona by roving bands of paperless aliens, and how will a requirement that I have papers on me make that not happen?"courtesy of SueSue