Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FFF

anyone have anything flame worthy?????

Re: FFF

• I'm kinda happy that there is some talk about banning kids from adult restaurants. Maybe it will strike a chord and maybe parents won't let their kids be maniacs in restaurants.  When I was a kid if my brother and I were misbehaving my parents got up and made us leave. It seems like so many parents let their kids run wild and they have no manners or discipline. 

I don't mind kids I just don't want them screaming and having a fit while I'm trying to eat.

• image eeeeva:

I'm kinda happy that there is some talk about banning kids from adult restaurants. Maybe it will strike a chord and maybe parents won't let their kids be maniacs in restaurants.  When I was a kid if my brother and I were misbehaving my parents got up and made us leave. It seems like so many parents let their kids run wild and they have no manners or discipline. 

I don't mind kids I just don't want them screaming and having a fit while I'm trying to eat.

It seems like the problem is the parents, not the kids.  This wouldn't be an issue if parents would force their kids to behave in nice restaurants or just not bring them.

My FFF: Sometimes I love DD more when she is asleep.

Baby K ~ born July 1
  • I don't understand why people bring dogs in strollers into Home Depot. I saw this the other week. Why do you bring a dog into Home Depot? Why do you put the dog in a stroller??
  • We just bought a pet hedgehog! I'm super excited, I know it's weird and I don't care.

Tell me he's not precious.

• How do you get a hedgehog? I've never met anyone that had one!

My FFF:

My parents' friends keep giving me hand-me-down clothes. I'm not against thrifting but these really aren't my style. Think hawaiian shirts or things with Bebe plastered on them. But what's worse is that everything is a size 1. I haven't been a size one in quite a few years. But they think that I'm so skinny (I'm not) and that I will love everything b/c we must be the same size. Uh...what are you smoking? It's kind of annoying b/c every time they leave me these huge bags of clothes that I can't use so I have to drive them to a Goodwill. And they always want to know if I wear them. I repeatedly tell them I can't fit into them!

• image champagnedreams:

How do you get a hedgehog? I've never met anyone that had one!

My FFF:

My parents' friends keep giving me hand-me-down clothes. I'm not against thrifting but these really aren't my style. Think hawaiian shirts or things with Bebe plastered on them. But what's worse is that everything is a size 1. I haven't been a size one in quite a few years. But they think that I'm so skinny (I'm not) and that I will love everything b/c we must be the same size. Uh...what are you smoking? It's kind of annoying b/c every time they leave me these huge bags of clothes that I can't use so I have to drive them to a Goodwill. And they always want to know if I wear them. I repeatedly tell them I can't fit into them!

That sucks. At least you can get a tax deduction (?) out of them.