September 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I Fing HATE MY HOUSE

Monday night when we got home from work J discovered an absurd amount of ants on our kitchen floor coming from by the dishwasher. So we searched the kitchen to see if there were more anywhere. Food cabinets, by the pots and pans, baking stuff, cleaning supply cabinet there weren't anymore so we cleaned the floor killed all the ants and went about our night. Came back into the kitchen 1/2 hour later and I found about 10 more ants. Killed them too didn't see anymore for the rest of the night/ the next morning. We had J's dad stop by to feed/water the dogs while we were both gone this week and he came in to check on the situation... no more ants.

Well..... I just opened the food cabinet and found a ton of ants. I have spent the last 45 minutes cleaning the F'n cabinet. I have no idea where they are coming from but this sucks!

I guess on the bright side my cabinet is all nice and orderly now.

I still hate my house though. This did not help my crabby mood.

ETA: We did come home last night to 2 mouse traps moved all the way across the kitchen but no mouse on them too. Where the F is the mouse that did that? I HATE MY HOUSE!

THanks for letting me vent.

Re: I Fing HATE MY HOUSE

• xojo1xojo1 member
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What are you using to kill them? I recommend Terro (I think that's what it's called). It's a solution that you put on a little card, place it wherever you see them, they take it back with them to their home, and it kills the colony. It worker within 48 hours for us last summer. It's human and pet friendly, too.
    my read shelf:
    Jo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Blog
  • image Paige&Jeff:

ETA: We did come home last night to 2 mouse traps moved all the way across the kitchen but no mouse on them too. Where the F is the mouse that did that? I HATE MY HOUSE!

Maybe the ants moved the mouse traps??? Can't they lift like 100X their body weight? a group of them could have moved the traps. That's teamwork!

Seriously though, ants and mice happen, you live in the country. Try some traps/family-friendly bait and call it a day. And vent away all you want.  That is why we're here :-)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kasi80Kasi80 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    We fight never ending battles with ants.  No mice though.

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)