Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

If you play Wordfeud/Words With Friends, do you chat/taunt?

I'm playing with a random opponent (whose name is "youfuct!", awesome) who just played the word Nazi for 69 points and chat-messaged me "you like that one?"

Am seriously considering resigning just out of annoyance.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012

Re: If you play Wordfeud/Words With Friends, do you chat/taunt?

• No, that's annoying.  I only play with people I "know" either IRL or from blogging/Nesting.

Play me, I won't taunt you!  My name is Brie2011.

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I would tell him/her to piss off and then resign.  I would have been fine with the word without the comment, FWIW.

I, by the way, was playing with a person who resigned when I played the word "penis."

Lame.

Also, I need some competition, so my name is brannyboilsover on WWF if anyone is up for a game.

• I'm on wwf and hanging with friends as katehoc if anyone wants to add me :)

I only chat with or taunt DH and close friends.

I've never played a random person. 

• My annoyance is when guys try to sexually chat with you...Um, I'm playing a word game!  What makes you think I'm secretly dying to send naked pics to you.  Obviously that's a resign!

• No, but I LOVE words with friends. Find me! jonan75
  • Since they linked to FB, I only play with people I know in real life.  I wouldn't taunt a random opponent.  But I do taunt friends.  For example, a recent convo: I played squasher for a bingo and something like 102 points.  Friend came back "suck my..."  I responded "Your squash?"

These are a few of my favorite things

[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/crafty/sedona.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/crafty/ruby2-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/crafty/boats.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/fuglykeen.gif[/IMG]
  • image RubyTue:

Since they linked to FB, I only play with people I know in real life.  I wouldn't taunt a random opponent.  But I do taunt friends.  For example, a recent convo: I played squasher for a bingo and something like 102 points.  Friend came back "suck my..."  I responded "Your squash?"

LOL DH dropped a 70 point "joyous" on me and it was his favorite word for the rest of the weekend.  

• I would tell him to fvck off.

And I'm Beagle211

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wordfued has taken over our sex life! We play every night before we go to bed! LAMESUACE!

Wordfued name is: geoduckswimmer

• only good natured, like I might write "booyah" if I have a sweet bingo or something ;) 

would love to play with any mm nesties, I am Huggapug, just let me know who you are when you request a game! 

Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • image pugznploons:

only good natured, like I might write "booyah" if I have a sweet bingo or something ;) 

would love to play with any mm nesties, I am Huggapug, just let me know who you are when you request a game! 

For the record, pugz is kicking my butt at WWF right now. 

• image Beagle211:

I would tell him to fvck off.

Yep, pretty much.  The irony is that even after him playing a 69-pt word, I was still beating him.

I am playing Wordfeud for Android, I think I've read that Words for Friends is now available on that platform but am not sure.  If it does I will message you guys for sure!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • It is; DH has a droid. 

• I used to play WF all the time, but my brother would beat me by a million points so I quit. Because his WF name is just his first name, he gets random invites from people who think it's their friend "D". My brother does not tell them differently and just engages them in conversation, then screen shots them for us.

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • I just can't believe it accepted Nazi as a word. I know from experience it will not accept Amish, which to this day ticks me off.

And no, I only chat with people I know - if it's a random stranger, I just want to play.

• I love Words With Friends, but I have only ever played with people I know in real life. Sometimes I chat with them, asking how everything is going, etc. DH and I don't really live near any of our family and friends, so it's not like we see them.

Also, I have a friend who ALWAYS shamefully beats me (and I am decent). He is so good - he taunts me sometimes, but it's all in fun because he beats me so bad. Once I beat him, and yes, I taunted him! 

• image KellyOnMyOwn:

I just can't believe it accepted Nazi as a word. I know from experience it will not accept Amish, which to this day ticks me off.

And no, I only chat with people I know - if it's a random stranger, I just want to play.

Yeah, is Nazi not a proper noun? It shouldn't accept proper nouns. 

• I tried to play that word before, but it was not accepted. chinese chicken

• @chinesechicken
    Welcome to the board. However, please do not comment on a post that is years old. If you want to discuss the topic, start a new post on it.
    Thanks.