Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Philly Nest Check In

2»

Re: Philly Nest Check In

• image LandD052006:

I definitely have plenty of summer left.  Our summer vacation is still coming up later in August.  I am counting down the days, hours, and minutes.

And I have not been down the shore this summer yet.  It's either been too busy, or too hot, or not worth the effort.  Pretty sad. 

However, I am trying to figure out how to get the three of us, big stroller, pack n play, sheets, towels, clothes, toys, beach chairs, umbrella, diapers, travel high chair, etc down to Rehoboth in an Altima.  I just don't see it happening.  We may have to take two cars down, which is ridiculous.  Why do kids need so much stuff??

Since it seems to be a theme, went to the Phillies game last night.  Amazing!  Seriously crazy game.

JRM-  I'm so glad you and little JRM are okay.  Scary.   

now that we have the cx-9 we're good to lug all of this stuff to the beach, but when we didn't, we rented a jogging stroller, chairs, umbrella and a high chair, yeah its an added expense, but i refused to take two cars- they dropped everything off at the beach house and picked it up

image Ridin dirty
  • image Tianacheron:

now that we have the cx-9 we're good to lug all of this stuff to the beach, but when we didn't, we rented a jogging stroller, chairs, umbrella and a high chair, yeah its an added expense, but i refused to take two cars- they dropped everything off at the beach house and picked it up

That's a great idea.  I bought a used jogging stroller so I'm taking that behemoth.  But I could definitely rent beach stuff, high chair, and pack n play.  It may be more cost effective than paying for gas, tolls, and parking permit for a second car.  We also considered renting a SUV.  

You so smart! :-)  

• Hi everyone!  I lurk here every so often but should come around more.  Our only plans is a week in Margate next month.  I am excited to go but have a feeling this year at the shore with the girls will be worse than last year.  They hate the sand, afraid of the ocean, and hate the rides. DH and I joke that they will probably love it by fri when we are ready to go home.  And I am not rushing this summer to be over but I am so ready for a week off of work.
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/e6f0vm.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb4f.lilypie.com/zaFqm4.png[/img][/url]
  • Oooh, I haven't been down the shore yet.

I'm already checking out stuff I can buy for Baby JRM and Baby D.

I need to buy presents for my bridesmaids and I'm tempted to get them each gift cards for things like they like.  I worry that it's a lazy cop out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bday is also Saturday so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.  I've got it narrowed down to either OCNJ or New Hope for the day, I think.  Since it's a Saturday, I really want to do something but I don't know what.  It's my last year in my 20's (tear!) so I feel like I need to make it memorable.

Other than that my summer/fall calendar is filled up.

• image Tianacheron:
    image LandD052006:

I definitely have plenty of summer left.  Our summer vacation is still coming up later in August.  I am counting down the days, hours, and minutes.

And I have not been down the shore this summer yet.  It's either been too busy, or too hot, or not worth the effort.  Pretty sad. 

However, I am trying to figure out how to get the three of us, big stroller, pack n play, sheets, towels, clothes, toys, beach chairs, umbrella, diapers, travel high chair, etc down to Rehoboth in an Altima.  I just don't see it happening.  We may have to take two cars down, which is ridiculous.  Why do kids need so much stuff??

Since it seems to be a theme, went to the Phillies game last night.  Amazing!  Seriously crazy game.

JRM-  I'm so glad you and little JRM are okay.  Scary.   

My SIL does this, only she rents 2 wagons (one for the kids and one for all the beach crap) and crib. 

• image jewels2730:

My bday is also Saturday so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.  I've got it narrowed down to either OCNJ or New Hope for the day, I think.  Since it's a Saturday, I really want to do something but I don't know what.  It's my last year in my 20's (tear!) so I feel like I need to make it memorable.

Yeah I'm going to say go with New Hope and go on Sunday for this: http://www.newhopewinefaire.com/

• Hey ladies!

I was "praying" for this weather break and I'm so glad for it!

When pregnant with DS I had off during the summer so it wasn't too bad because I could just stay indoors and hang out. Now with a 19 month old who loves the great outdoors this heat is KILLING me! We're usually out at the park from 7:30 until about 9:30 am and then back out around 3:30/4:00-5. Doesn't sound like much but it's alot!

I'm kind of in denial about my c scheduled for the 29th of Sept. and HS I just checked 64 days.............................

My to do list is outweighing my to-done list and I'm starting to panic! 

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8205/8202881603_878eb759e5_m.jpg[/img]
  • I'm such a bad nester lately - Claire keeps me too busy.  Having a kid is a lot harder than I thought and I give SAHM's a lot of credit - I was so excited to have the summer "off" - yeah right, "off" isn't exactly how I'd describe it. 

We are headed to Michigan within the next couple weeks to introduce her to the rest of the family and we will be there for awhile.  I'm really looking forward to having support and a babysitter every now and again. 

Jessh - I hope all goes smoothly!  This is great news!

Other PG girls - I didn't do the classes/tour/etc and didn't feel like I missed out on anything, so if you don't get to it, you don't get to it. Also, her room still isn't done, but the blackout curtains have to be the most valuable thing in there. 

DD: 6-24-11

EDD: 9-20-14

• We just moved into a new house earlier this month so our summer vacations this year were forgone for window treatments and furniture to replace what the movers broke, and future days will likely be spent unpacking photos of previous vacations. Our August is the right combination of busy and slow for my liking, with a couple visitors, birthdays, and baby showers planned but nothing too chaotic or overwhelming. Im hoping my work life remains steady rather than the more typical "pants on fire" type days so I can lurk on thenest more often!
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/5tua7b.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/34ik70o.jpg[/IMG]
  • JRM- sorry you guys had to go through that. How scary! FWIW, I took the free hospital tour at Abington and thought it was great. I would still go.

As for me, yesterday sucked really bad. I got my weekly shot in the ass on Monday night of Progesterone and I think we might have hit a nerve or something. Yesterday morning my whole right side (started with my upper thigh and moved down my entire leg) went completely numb. Then it spread to my right arm, and added in a migraine and sever nausea. It was pretty awful. I have to go see a Neurologist tomorrow to get checked out.

Andrew started football this week. He is inbetween weight categories so they are giving him the option to play up and be the smallest member on a team of older kids, or lose weight (about 5 pounds) and play on the team he really should be on. We left it up to him and he wants to play down and lost the weight. I know that with practice and just being active in general he'll do fine.

As for vacations, DH is going to Memphis with my brother at the end of the month, and I am fleeing to the shore with my MIL and all the kids. Can't wait.

• image jessica0602:
    image jewels2730:

My bday is also Saturday so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.  I've got it narrowed down to either OCNJ or New Hope for the day, I think.  Since it's a Saturday, I really want to do something but I don't know what.  It's my last year in my 20's (tear!) so I feel like I need to make it memorable.

Yeah I'm going to say go with New Hope and go on Sunday for this: http://www.newhopewinefaire.com/

Ah, thanks so much for letting me know!  I was thinking about the 2nd Street festival in Northern Libs on Sunday, but drinking wine sounds way better.  Hmm... I'll have to think about this one :)

• lots of babies!!!!! Congratulations! and make sure to show us some pictures!

I'm throwing DH a surprise party this weekend and scared he's figured it out! We are also in the process of car shopping... so stressful!

Other than that we are planning a trip to Vegas in a few months so I am just counting down to that.  

Have fun at the Phillies game.... I went Sunday and it was SOOOOOO hot! I'm jealous! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• JRM, so sorry about your scare but glad to hear they took good care of you

Kell, Charlie acts the SAME way.  I swear some cruel person made up the "terrible twos" to eff with everyone.  You skate through year 2 thinking "HA, whatev, 2 was NOTHING" only to get completely blindsided by age 3 and the reign of terror that ensues

We are headed to Longport this weekend and have another SIC trip planned.  But the highlight to which I am counting down is my girls Vegas trip!  I cannot wait

I am also thrilled to pieces that football is BACK!

AW - today at the gym two different people (one a guy) told me that watching me work out was "inspiring".  That made me feel good :)

Congrats to all the mommas-to-be!  Can't wait to hear all the birth stories and see beautiful baby pics

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • JRM that's scary! We had a lack of movement scare, it was so so nerve wracking.

My daughter can now sit up on her own. Her first tooth busted through this weekend. She's thisclose to crawling. She's getting so big so fast. Ive also hit my goal of nursing her for more then 6 months and I've gotten through a rough patch of wanting to quit. Other then that, I'm pretty lame. I need a vacation on a beach somewhere.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image larrysdarling:
    We had a lack of movement scare, it was so so nerve wracking.

When did you have this and how long was the lack of movement?  I was feeling movement between weeks 17-18 and now I haven't felt a thing in the past week and a half.  I'm not super worried yet but just wondering what is normal.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • image JenD1018:
    image larrysdarling:
    We had a lack of movement scare, it was so so nerve wracking.

When did you have this and how long was the lack of movement?  I was feeling movement between weeks 17-18 and now I haven't felt a thing in the past week and a half.  I'm not super worried yet but just wondering what is normal.

I was way further along - like well into 3rd tri when I should have been feeling movement regularly. I think it was in Oct or nov when I was due in late dec. I was at work and barely noticed movement all day. I did everything I was supposed to - eat something sugary, get off my feet, poke her around a little. I felt slight movement but it was slow and infrequent. My sis, an ob/gyn told me to go in so I did. Turns out she had flipped and was facing inward. That along with my anterior placenta made it hard for me to feel movement. The main thing I can stress is to try not to freak but follow your instincts. I think, however, you're prob still too early to have regular measurable/countable movement, right?
  • Thanks LD.  Yes, I think it's a little bit early for me but wasn't sure if I should be feeling movement more regularly since Baby D started.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • image jewels2730:
    image jessica0602:
    image jewels2730:

Ah, thanks so much for letting me know!  I was thinking about the 2nd Street festival in Northern Libs on Sunday, but drinking wine sounds way better.  Hmm... I'll have to think about this one :)

I ditto Jess' recommendation, and I add that while at the winefest you should drink the Blackberry dessert wine and Diego Red from Buckingham.  Mmmmm.  Also try the Alpine Spice from Sand Castle.  And eat lunch at Karla's, it actually has good food compared to the tourist traps that are Havana and the Logan Inn.

And wave, because you'll literally be a few minutes down the road from my house!  :)  

• Tammy, that's scary about your shot! I hope you're ok. I may have to give myself shots during my next pregnancy since Oliver arrived early. Eek! 

This summer has been really busy...the move has taken over much of our summer, and we're not taking any vacations until Christmas. Instead I'm taking random days off here and there, so we can do daytrips to the beach and zoo. Next year we have a lot of trips to look forward to...England at Christmas, wedding in Jamaica in March, and a wedding in Scotland in August. 
    My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • image erbur78:

September is jam packed! We have our wedding anniversary, then my cousin's destination wedding in Bald Head Island, College homecoming/reunion, then Utah. My summer excitement won't end until October!  

He and I just had lunch together last week and I was hearing all of the wedding plans! I can't wait to see pictures :)

My little nuggets

• I'm late to the party but still wanted to say hi to everyone!

I just discovered I can use a paper clip to pull together the back straps on my tank top so they stop revealing themselves on my shoulder...I know, you're impressed. Yup, that's all I've got.

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest